Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

It's actually CRAZY how Capcom just cannot stop things from leaking or accidentally dropping. Poison/Lucia/Honda trailer dropping days before EVO 2019, the Kage update pushed to live servers during Grand finals of Capcom Cup 2018.... Now this. Not to mention the whole roster for 6 leaking. Lol. Capcom really gotta de-clown their organization.

Sucks it happened but hey, still looking forward to seeing how [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] play. 

Edited by Jocelot
15 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Oh, and yet again I think these leaks work in Capcom's favour. I really did not expect them to announce/show two characters later today. 

I was expecting 2, but either Ken-Kimberly or Ken-Cammy

Did'nt saw Juri or all-female announcement coming

Damn, i was really curious about SF6 Ken

But Juri inclusion in vanilla may say good things for start cast being 22, she wass heavy easy candidate for DLC

Capcpcom smh...

Anyway, Juri looks pretty good.

Don't really care for Kim but will see how she plays.

I think this kinda indicates we'll have a 22 character launch roster which is great. Meaning we'll have some DLC characters coming same year as the launch

Edited by mykka
23 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

How many of you niggas play MK here? I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m contemplating getting 11 to learn how to play Scarlet and meme in ranked. Is the online still got people playing or am I fucked? I know it’s MK but I figured I’d ask anyway. 

aeriously I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m like 95% of the way there lol

*raises hand*

24 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

How many of you niggas play MK here? I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m contemplating getting 11 to learn how to play Scarlet and meme in ranked. Is the online still got people playing or am I fucked? I know it’s MK but I figured I’d ask anyway. 

I actually have no problem finding matches when I play. Just to warn you though: the games ranking system is absolutely abysmal. It resets at the end of every season, so you might run into someone of your rank who last season was actually the highest rank.

20 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Fucking Capcom can’t hold nothing in this bitch. They have got to be the leakers. There’s just no fucking way they aren’t. 

38 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

It's actually CRAZY how Capcom just cannot stop things from leaking or accidentally dropping. Poison/Lucia/Honda trailer dropping days before EVO 2019, the Kage update pushed to live servers during Grand finals of Capcom Cup 2018.... Now this. Not to mention the whole roster for 6 leaking. Lol. Capcom really gotta de-clown their organization.

Sucks it happened but hey, still looking forward to seeing how [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] play. 

lol what the hell they aren't communicating well? what the problem with their social media managers lol

or is this kinda intentional to build up anticipation and set expectation?

40 minutes ago, mykka said:

I think this kinda indicates we'll have a 22 character launch roster which is great. Meaning we'll have some DLC characters coming same year as the launch

i doubt it proof anything so far, personally i take it just as reason to have slighty more hopes for a 22 vanilla cast 

It's also possible that they may have dropped a plan for start cast+S1 and make all 22 start cast, but having no close to launch S1

If they postpone S1 to one year from launch, result will almost be the same as 16+S1, in the sense i will get no char outside these 22 during launch year  

Fingers crossed 🤞

Edited by CESTUS III
51 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

or is this kinda intentional to build up anticipation and set expectation?

Hmmm I hear that kinda stuff tossed around but I really don't think this is intentional. 

Ono was absolutely devastated, borderline depressed when the EVO 2019 trailer dropped before Evo. And I've heard a lot from other companies lke Riot when new content accidently leaks it hurts. Mainly because unveiling new content takes a lot of coordination from inside the company; social media teasers going out at specific times, getting trailers cut and edited by specific dates etc it's essentially a job in itself. Then when one thing gets posted ahead of schedule it just throws a large wrench into the intricately designed 'hype' machine. Plus a lot of the people who worked on the content feel like their work gets invalidated.

I would bet an undisclosed amount of  fight money this was just a random fuckup. Some dude in Germany probably read their schedule wrong and posted the blog in the AM instead of PM or something

3 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Imagine the crowd reaction if Capcom announce rollback for SF5 in additional to the SF6 reveal trailer. 

Capcom would have to announce GOOD rollback for SFV. The game already has rollback. That's what makes the situation around it's netcode to so asinine. They don't have to rebuild the game to implement rollback it was built with rollback in mind. They already have an updated version of SFV's netcode that performs far better in another Capcom fighter that also runs in UE4. 

TLDR; Capcom WTF man?

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I played a decent amount of MK11 when it dropped, but I'm sure I've forgotten everything about the game by now. Have it on PlayStation.

One can hope. 

I really did not think they will drop a Juri trailer at EVO tbh. It's wild, but there is  no way in hell i'm complaining.  

Dropping a trailer at once of the most popular FGC events out there for a very loved character will give Capcom a lot of bonus points that's for sure. I just hope her redesign turns out good ( gameplay wise ) .

51 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I wonder now if there social media managers are either outsource or what, that communication fail this much

It usually is. From personal experience I know this whole social media marketing takes up a lot of time that's better spent outsourcing than trying to find someone internally who can do it well-ish.

In this case I suspect some timezone screw-up to be the reason.

Dude what the fuck is this weekend actually

4 new characters and crossplay for Strive

crossplay and season 2 tease for  KOFXV

rollback for Samsho

rollback for P4A

rollback for FighterZ

Juri in SF6

and we still have a full day's worth of announcements

P.S. oh yeah, if anybody needs the brackets for today's top8s

KOFXV - https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-2022/event/the-king-of-fighters-xv-1/brackets/1171352/1815082

T7 - https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-2022/event/tekken-7-1/brackets/1171349/1815009

SFV - https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-2022/event/street-fighter-v-champion-edition-1/brackets/1171339/1814766

GGST - https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-2022/event/guilty-gear-strive-1/brackets/1171343/1814915