Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The look of SF4 is what I often seen criticized in casual. I often seen people say that Ryu looked like a shaved gorilla. 

To be fair, I think IV's models got better with later editions, but the vanilla models are really... Blocky.

It can kinda fit on characters that are supposed to be rugged or not really pretty, like Sagat or Gouken, but then you have stuff like Guile or even Zangief's models.

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nothing can be worse than the placeholder. It look Scott Frost had six unread text messages.

FUWTwonXEAAz0wW?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh God, it does look worse than the placeholder.

Disgust_Out.gif

The biggest problem with the logo is that first of all, you can't figure out wtf it even means, especially since they put "Street Fighter" with a basic bitch font, I might add, on the front.

That by itself is a massive strike out, but it gets even worse when they put it on a grey background. The placeholder logo at least has the decency of having visual clarity.

I'm 100% sure that whoever did this atrocity didn't do the graffiti Capcom logo they're using on the SF6 trailers.

Now that's the style they should've gone with.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Oh God, it does look worse than the placeholder.

Disgust_Out.gif

The biggest problem with the logo is that first of all, you can't figure out wtf it even means, especially since they put "Street Fighter" with a basic bitch font, I might add, on the front.

That by itself is a massive strike out, but it gets even worse when they put it on a grey background. The placeholder logo at least has the decency of having visual clarity.

I'm 100% sure that whoever did this atrocity didn't do the graffiti Capcom logo they're using on the SF6 trailers.

50% off all frames and glasses fam. 

https://locations.visionworks.com/?utm_source=google_ads&utm_campaign=14938359342&utm_content=129684636458&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_term=eye doctor&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjeDTn8bG-AIVPAytBh06WQyjEAAYAyAAEgLSjvD_BwE

25 minutes ago, Volt said:
Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

50% off all frames and glasses fam. 

Spoiler

it's the typography issue

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

The SF6 logo truly is hideous. 

I guess lot depend on perspective

Personally i hate it

And probably also lot of SF fans hate that crap

Good test should be showing this shit to some 15-35 american that give no fucks about previous SF art style, to see if he finds it cool or anyway better than previous SF ones

Not sure for who they designed that, sure af not for me lol

Btw

b40qytj0pg791.jpg

Damn, i'm so ready to hate SF6 logo and i'm a nostalgia man myself, but got to admit we got lot of shit through decades

SF6 one is a particulary ugly turd, but he have some company in the family tree

SFV end up being surprisingly good at that, above average

Lmao SFV be like "Checkmate fuckers"

Edited by CESTUS III
1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

I guess lot depend on perspective

Personally i hate it

And probably also lot of SF fans hate that crap

Good test should be showing this shit to some 15-35 american that give no fucks about previous SF art style, to see if he finds it cool or anyway better than previous SF ones

Not sure for who they designed that, sure af not for me lol

Btw

b40qytj0pg791.jpg

Damn, i'm so ready to hate SF6 logo and i'm a nostalgia man myself, but got to admit we got lot of shit through decades

SF6 one is a particulary ugly turd, but got to admit he have some company in the family tree

SFV end up being surprisingly good at that, above average

Lmao SFV be like "Checkmate fuckers"

SFV's logo is unironically the best of the lot.

Next tier is: 3S, OG SF, Vanilla SF2 and Vanilla SF4.

The rest is where it starts to get ugly. EX3 is a notch above though.

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

because SFV is kinda close to be symmetrical.

and the other logos isn't even SF1, SF2, SF4, 

SF2 logo is kinda nostalgic for me but not the best one in terms of symmetry

others that has good near symmetry is  3S, A1, A2 and NG

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

because SFV is kinda close to be symmetrical.

and the other logos isn't even SF1, SF2, SF4, 

SF2 logo is kinda nostalgic for me but not the best one in terms of symmetry

others that has good near symmetry is  3S, A1, A2 and NG

I was thinking about how it got a unique silhouette, good visual clarity, and how it still manages to stylize and highlight the game's name while making it fairly readable. Interesting point tho.

Just now, Volt said:

I was thinking about how it got a unique silhouette, good visual clarity, and how it still manages to stylize and highlight the game's name while making it fairly readable. Interesting point tho.

Yup your choices do really stand out and indeed the best version for silhouettes.  

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I noticed Capcom isn't streaming CEO nor I recall them streaming Combo Breaker. They aren't part of the Pro Tour this year because of Covid having messed everything up and things haven't returned to normal yet or what?

I barely even realized Combo Breaker happened until it was over.  I don't think these events are official CPT events?  It seems like none of the international players are flying over to participate.  It's nice offline is back in some form, but I guess we're still a ways away from business as usual.  Gotta be honest - I'm not really that interested if most of the best players aren't showing up.   

Edited by HeavensCloud
1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Now we know why Sakura won’t appear in SF6. #CancelSakura2022

On Kotaku, later that day...

In other news, Sakura has recently publicly apologized on Twitter about her known past use of ableist slurs.

"This doesn't represent the person I am today, and I'm listening and learning through this experience" said Sakura on her twitter account. This is in reaction to the accuses of bigotry and discrimination raised by fellow Street Fighter Dan Hibiki, who said to have been "deeply hurt by the words that were used against me", and also saw a sharp increase in new apprentices at his Saikyo dojo by people who joined in solidarity with him. Meanwhile Sakura's sponsor confirmed to have dropped her, and Capcom also permanently banned her from all Capcom games due to her misbehaviour together with many tournament organizers that distanced themselves from the controversial figure.

Her role in the Street Fighter series will be continued by a replacement that is currently being chosen at Capcom. Rumored candidates for Sakura's replacement so far are Luke, Abigail, Rufus and Anakaris, with some leaked images of them in the iconic schoolgirl uniform of the now former Capcom fighting game celebrity already floating in the net.

Ian (if you're from an African country you ain't black) Walker

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes. It enhances focus. It's actually outlawed in the NFL too. Seahawks got bopped for it back in the day.

@Phantom_MiriaDan getting clowned? I may have to pick up a copy now. 🤣

It's outlawed in all the major sports leagues.  You have to get a prescription and then a medical exemption to use it.  I think the NHL doesn't even allow medical exemptions.  It's an amphetamine so it definitely gives an advantage in energy and focus.   

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

To be fair, I think IV's models got better with later editions, but the vanilla models are really... Blocky.

It can kinda fit on characters that are supposed to be rugged or not really pretty, like Sagat or Gouken, but then you have stuff like Guile or even Zangief's models.

Geifs idle animation in SF4 was fucking dog shit tier. SF4 is fucking ugly ass game.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

Also, if you ever had to ask yourself why Gatekeeping is necessary, have a non-FGC meme about SF:

b40qytj0pg791.jpg

They should nuke reddit.

I find amusing that says that liking Sf3 and 2nd impact is some hipster shit while saying that liking 3rd strike means having good taste, lmao, no.

There are legitimate reasons to like the previous versions of 3, since in some aspect 3rd strike was a downgrade coming from those games.

And this is coming from someone who thinks that the whole 3 series is ASS

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The look of SF4 is what I often seen criticized in casual. I often seen people say that Ryu looked like a shaved gorilla. 

Even when the game was new, I remember that people thought it was ugly.

A friend of mine who we were working together at the time on our 1st job came to my house to see my newly bought ps3 and see what games I got, and the 1st thing he said when he saw SF4, which I just got that day, is that it looked like a PS2 game and the chars looked atrocious, lol.

Even with SFV, the majority of the people in my city's community think is ugly, even those who like it.

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I noticed Capcom isn't streaming CEO nor I recall them streaming Combo Breaker. They aren't part of the Pro Tour this year because of Covid having messed everything up and things haven't returned to normal yet or what?

I think is because those events historically have not been capcom centric/focus

They have been part of the CPT in previous years, but the prime games, iirc have been games like Tekken, KI, GG, etc.

(With CEO even being, at least at the start something like a big tournament for smaller games, hence the name Community Effort)

So perhaps it could be because of that?

This is of course, is just speculation

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I wouldn't call SFV ugly as a whole, but it certainly has.... things that should be put into a Horror Game instead.

Yeah, the problem with the game, imo, is that is very uneven.

You have models that look good, and models that are just fucking ugly.

Then even the models that look good, have stuff that ruins them due the whole style they want to emulate, which doesn't really translates well into 3d.

Then you have the clipping, the dull colors/lighting in certain stages that make the game look lifeless.

Something similar happened with KOFXIV.

The models were not really bad, but the combination of lighting and other stuff in game made them look bad.

If you port the models to blender for example you can see that they can look really nice.

For both games.

Is one of the things that SF6 is imo doing good, but almost to the point of overcorrecting, lol.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

SF4 was horrendously ugly from the jump, any video with it should have the ugly bastard tag on it.

With that said, somehow, SFxT was even uglier. 🤢

Dunno why they couldnt just keep the SF4 look.

The stages, graphics, etc felt too busy and muddy on SFxT

Then add the fucking neo colors, ugh...

Saying that, some 3d models did look good (basically just the waifus, lol)

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Next tier is: 3S, OG SF, Vanilla SF2 and Vanilla SF4.

The rest is where it starts to get ugly. EX3 is a notch above though.

Legit opinion, my take

To me best is probably SF3NG, sold completely what they wanted to do

SFV indeed next, clean work even if got some strange stuff i don't understand

SSF2 was cool too, with "SUPER" working as a wall/background for the classic logo, simple idea but worked, cool impact

Bit below

SFEX3 may have aged bit badly a look cheap CGI, but back then rolled well with SF having switched to 3D and composition was clean (does it better than SFA3 imho)

SFA2 had some problems but was kinda cool idea on dark background

On bad side

The SFEX2 one seen there was easily the ugliest SF logo, BUT to be fair i'm not sure how they picked that, SFEX2 logo had another version(tbh actually the only i remember) that was still very bad but not that absolute crap, just kinda average/mediocre

v

Spoiler

package overlays: street fighter ex ;1,1+,2,2+. - Platform Bezels/Overlays  - LaunchBox Community ForumsStreet Fighter EX2 (video game, 3D fighting) reviews & ratings - Glitchwave  video games database

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

SFV

Yeah, the problem with the game, imo, is that is very uneven.

You have models that look good, and models that are just fucking ugly.

Then even the models that look good, have stuff that ruins them due the whole style they want to emulate, which doesn't really translates well into 3d.

Then you have the clipping, the dull colors/lighting in certain stages that make the game look lifeless.

<WellThere>

6 hours ago, Skort said:

Gotta be honest, I couldn't care less about the logo design.

When it comes to in-game visuals SF6 looks good to me from the footage so far,I like what I see,let's just hope it plays smooth.

Tbh i don't care much about SF6 logo either

So far on visual side only thing that truly bother me is paint effect interacting with the ground  (and stay there for a time that feels fucking forever) as if it's not a graphic imaginary effect but something physical able to interact with background, wich make no sense beside being ugly