Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

SNK tends to not change up their games much so I'd be surprised if JD wasn't in.

If you ever get a chance to, you should really play through the Fatal Fury series.  All those games are super different from each other. One of them even has ring outs.

They are really cool in a lot of different ways. Fatal Fury Special had two lanes you could jump from and then later on they had ring outs on the corners.

Fatal Fury is wild AF.

Plus as far as SNK games go, Garou had a pretty small roster. I'd honestly expect all the characters to return tbh. 

And I  hate to admit it, the game is cool but I actually haven't played it much. I liked to watch all the arcade footage from Japanese arcades

Edited by Jocelot
14 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

And I  hate to admit it, the game is cool but I actually haven't played it much. I liked to watch all the arcade footage from Japanese arcades

this I’ve watched way more footage than I’ve actually played. From the visuals to the sounds of hits I enjoy the game. But I also realize what we get in the modern era probably won’t have the same shit

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

PS4 bros don't get rollback. PC players can choose which netcode they want. 

It seems like they are going the brute force route.

Is like I said years back, that rollback would have been very intensive for the mechanics and type it game it is for the by then current hardware without optimizing for it from the start.

Funny how that works. Yet people stupidly assumed that I was on some anti rollback crusade just because me pointing out the reasons why we couldn't see rollback implemented in certain games.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Meanwhile SNK is getting rollback on everything but Switch and Arika added rollback to Fighting EX Layer for Switch. I should have known Namco would find a way to Namco this up.

Is like what happens with AC+R and the Samsho colection on PC.

Those old ass games should run on really old hardware, but due how the rollback implementation is brute forced on said games, those games needs specs that are way over what the games really need.

The same happens here.

Rollback is something that you need to plan for it from the start.

The game not being in active development means that the implementations is not the most optimized one.

Also, I presume that we will see the type of fuckery that we see on racing games, where the characters are teleporting weirdly mid flight, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Sonero said:

Ah shit my bad. 

Never uninstalled so  we need to get it going.

I have all the SNK catalog on PS4/PS5, except the samsho collection which I have it on the Epic store.

Side note, the only fgs I don't own are Strive, MVCI and USFIV on PS4.

So I can run sets on all major and minor games that you want minus those 3.

I suck on most of them though, lol

On 8/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, Pair of Rooks said:

I see slow-paced 2D sword fighter. 

You'd have to elaborate. 

I really hate this meme, but it seems fitting.

Tell me you don't play GBFVS and Samsho without telling me you don't play GBFVS and Samsho 🤣

I think that a quick glance at the top 8 from both games this Evo can show why they are not comparable.

Between the 2, GBFVS is the more quick paced and less ground spacing focused of the 2, since there are characters with more air movement options, there is also air blocking, which it does change a lot how you play neutral.

Also, the fact that the ex moves don't require super meter changes the way you use those resources, since you have them ready to use more frequently since you don't have to choose between what special to use an ex and or if you have to save meter for a super later.

Samsho is a different beast on how you play it, since a single random hit can take away a good chunk of your life, or like if your opponent has issen ready to be activated, even almost all your life bar, so you end with a more slow paced game than other grounded games, specially this iteration that went back to the basis of Samsho, making it very slow at times.

The way that throws work as well, since they are openers rather than what throws work on other games.

On top of that, the game is also slower in terms of frame data, combine that with Samsho having a parry like mechanic, it adds another options that changes how you approach the neutral game, also the deflect/parry after a recoil, it makes you second guess if you should retaliate even if is "your turn", unlike on other games.

And that is just from the top of my head.

Is only when you play Samsho that you realize how different it is from other games since it puts you on a very different mindset.

17 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I kind of thought Last Blade might actually be the next game after KoF15, if only because it rotates in characters that don't really overlap with the KoF roster.

Considering that Garou has been one of the most requested games to be brought back since the KOF12 days, I think that it was kind of a give that after Samsho it would be the next one, at least from my pov.

There is also the fact that SNK was approached by Dotemu (the people behind Streets of Rage 4 and Shredders Revenge) to see if they could do either a remaster or a sequel for Garou, and rumors say that their talks have been going on since then.

Just now, Sonero said:

TOP is not really a comeback mechanic. It's more of a gamble/signaling of strategy. At high level most people have top early rather than at the end.

This, is more like a momentum mechanic that you decide to use either to ensure a lead, make a comeback or to throw the flow of the match off mid match.

Due the chars I used I tended to put it on the middle, for example.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Honestly we should do a game of the week just to get people playing more random stuff here. Every week we can pick a game, make a thread for it and share material for it.

I was checking out some old forum stuff last night and something kinda stood out for me.

We really gotta get more games going.

The Lounge was at its best when everyone was actively on that grind, and honestly, it doesn't make a lick of sense to have all these rollback games and not organize matches for them. 

Your idea is good, but it doesn't need to clog up space with a thread per week, we can make a Battle Lounge thread, and update the title every week.

Maybe a General Matchmaking thread where people can just ask for games 24/7 and not worry about it getting buried in this thread would be a good idea too, but the game threads could cover that too.

The existing game threads can be used to discuss strategy, tech, and general "git gud" things. A SF6 thread with that specific purpose would be needed as well, but it can wait for a Beta at least. Ain't no point in a tech/matchmaking thread for a game that isn't out.

This thread needs a new title ASAP. It gives a terrible first impression for newcomers to read the title and see this. The SF5/6 Lounge/General  has always been the place where we just kick back and chill.

This can work because when Strive dropped, y'all were putting in work in that game. The Strive thread was 100% business as far as I checked.

We just gotta expand that mindset and get a bit more organized when it comes to matchmaking. We're looking like SNK on that front.

3 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

By the way, I only just now realized SF6 Juri has both of her eyes out in the open, as opposed to hiding them behind an eyepatch like she did in V

Guess she found a replacement/upgrade for the Feng Shui Engine inbetween games

digging through the relics of the former shadaloo based haha

Juri's eye patch in SFV was a call to her using one in the Juri OVA when her FSE was not installed.

In SFV it was installed even if it was a beta version. So she had both eyes regardless. Keeping the eye patch didn't make much sense but it looked cool.

I'll take the bangs over it though,looks better. The eye patch could return if they decide to have her SFV costume as dlc.

Lore wise she also could had teamed up with waifu Seth again to gain access to a new version of the FSE,you never know.

tumblr-ffc627a1df25b38ae3ce63f2da105c6c-

Edited by Skort