Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

When you click an image it will show numerous link options for the image.  You want the one that is called 'DIRECT LINK'.  Simply copy/paste the URL from 'DIRECT LINK' into the forum text box.  No need to use the link button or anything else.  It will auto-embed immediately.

This works with any image.  All you need is a clean image URL and you can paste it into the text editor here on the forums.

Ah, those share options aren't available through the Imgur mobile app.  Gotta go to the image via browser to get that direct link option.  Wack imgur gotta make my shit posting more inconvenient.😒

10 minutes ago, Saikyotic said:

Ah, those share options aren't available through the Imgur mobile app.  Gotta go to the image via browser to get that direct link option.  Wack imgur gotta make my shit posting more inconvenient.😒

I use the app at work. It sucks to be honest. That said just press your finger against the touch screen on the image you want and you should get several share options. The first is "Copy URL" use that one. Then you paste the link into a post. There is a caveat though. For animated gifs, the url will end in "gifv" delete the V if you want the gif animate automatically.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Boy, I'm trying to put together my mom's eulogy in my head. 

Man, I habe a bunch of disparate parts but no real way to approach it.

I’m sorry man. I know what that’s like. In my experience, that’s kinda normal. I had to do something similar (not for a parent but someone very close) and while I had a bunch of great memories to bring up, I couldn’t think of how to start or combine them all together. It all seemed too fabricated. I ended up having those ideas in my head and just started  speaking from the heart and while I don’t have recordings of it or anything, I felt like it came out right at the time.

I never have any idea what to say at funerals.  All my best stories about people usually involve them in some sort of context the other people at the funeral aren't necessarily going to appreciate.

My own mother, we didn't have a funeral for.  But here's the story I wouldn't have been able to share.

So one year when I was a kid my big Christmas request was to get the 4 player adapter for my NES, because I already had a couple of games that would work with it and often had a bunch of friends over at the same time.  And my mom, not being a technologically inclined sort, didn't fully understand what I was asking for and went into the local Toys-R-Us asking the clerks for foreplay.

That's it.  That's the story.

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I looked too! Lol. I was hoping to see him cock it or something.

I may just download that movie and make my my own gif this long weekend because I do want one

I could clip it easy with Giphy... But I can't even find a video that has it. ☹️

47 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Boy, I'm trying to put together my mom's eulogy in my head. 

Man, I habe a bunch of disparate parts but no real way to approach it.

This hurts really bad. A friend of mine's mom died, and he came up and just stood there. He just stood there, and then came back and sat down and everyone started crying.

27 minutes ago, Volt said:

Careful with that. Your track record with movie downloads ain't exactly the best out there. 🤣

I’m sure I watched this movie on YouTube, so I’ll use a YouTube to MP4 converter if I need to actually download it and make my own, frame by frame...

Don’t ask me how I know, but if a video is streamable on YouTube (or other places), there are ways to convert it into MP4 files, seemingly undetected.

Just now, Mattatsu said:

I’m sure I watched this movie on YouTube, so I’ll use a YouTube to MP4 converter if I need to actually download it and make my own, frame by frame...

Don’t ask me how I know, but if a video is streamable on YouTube (or other places), there are ways to convert it into MP4 files, seemingly undetected.

It's from the cartoon, isn't it? 
I've looked through like 3 sets of clips and can't find it!!

21 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

This hurts really bad. A friend of mine's mom died, and he came up and just stood there. He just stood there, and then came back and sat down and everyone started crying.

That saddest thing I ever saw at a funeral was when my great aunt (grandma’s sister)  passed away. There was a teenage girl who lived across the street who had an abusive father and my Aunt had an idea about it and told her to come over to be safe, whenever she needed to. She kept a back door unlocked so she could come in anytime.

The girl spoke at my aunt’s funeral and while few other people knew who she was, I was aware of the situation, and she went up there and said how amazing my aunt was and started crying and mumbled under her breath something along the lines of “I don’t have anywhere to go now” and that broke my heart. Damn, it’s making me tear up thinking about it now... She’d be in her 20’s, if not early 30’s now, but hopefully she was okay.

Edited by Mattatsu
5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

That saddest thing I ever saw at a funeral was when my great aunt (grandma’s sister)  passed away. There was a teenage girl who lived across the street who had an abusive father and my Aunt had an idea about it and told her to come over to be safe, whenever she needed to. She kept a back door unlocked so she could come in anytime.

The girl spoke at my aunt’s funeral and while few other people knew who she was, I was aware of the situation, and she went up there and said how amazing my aunt was and started crying and mumbled under her breath something along the lines of “I don’t have anywhere to go now” and that broke my heart. Damn, it’s making me tear up thinking about it now... She’d be in her 20’s, if not early 30’s now, but hopefully she was okay.

Eyy... That's heartbreaking.

39 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Reticently, have you seen this?

I've seen that building, yeah.

It's down by the Strip District, which is all little shops and produce stands and restaurants, awesome place to shop but super close quarters and really shitty for social distancing.  You can actually fire up Google Street View for 33rd and Penn Ave, and head down Penn a bit to see Hulk and a version of Wolverine:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Penn+Ave+%26+33rd+St,+Pittsburgh,+PA+15201/@40.4600668,-79.9710293,3a,39.2y,275.48h,91.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szfuv1rhtfu1zQbvUHdgxcw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x8834f3ca08e4d791:0xa79690d2c1edca58!8m2!3d40.4615683!4d-79.968786

Edited by Reticently
40 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I just want to say that @Dayaan's Chun-Li Gif is delicious. Simple yet excellent: 

Chun-Li marching to her next match to victimize someone else with her hitconfirms into super follow ups... 

The poor soul. Money match may as well be over. 

Maybe with that attitude, but I'm option parrying in neutral all day vs her. Fuck them confirms.

48 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Maybe with that attitude, but I'm option parrying in neutral all day vs her. Fuck them confirms.

In reality, it is often the best way to go and just poke your way into victory. Chun-Li in 3S has the compacity for helping the player accomplish that and call out the dudes who might be too impatient to handle the footsies game.

28 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I didn't for my dads and I still feel guilty about it too this day, that I could have said more out of respect. 

We're all a living eulogy to our parents. Whether or not you were able to do a public speaking engagement is irrelevant.

Every action you take because of a lesson they taught you reflects on the life they lead as people.

If your father was worth honoring, then you would have done so a hundred fold by now.  Any time you do something and remember your dad fondly, you did a service to their memory.