Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

16 gb of ram, 9th gen i7 processor, 2060 gpu. Seems decent enough.

Minimum and recommended specs:

12513e1860afbf7fffae858c89f97f36.png

I vaguely remember Dark Souls 1 not being optimized when that came out. I believe this is a common complaint about FromSoft PC ports.

Yeah, you've got a crappy computer.  Dont ever trust what the specs say. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lol their was a field trip running at the same time as a anime con at the hotel i was at last month. One of the 12 year olds had a vote republican shirt on... Clearly meant for her

Nothing like the look of pure horror and confusion a young republican has when they see their first Anime Rave cosplayer

40 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah just ignore the fact that From Software has notoriously bad PC ports or that a hacker got Bloodborne running at 60fps on PS4 Pro. From Software's strength is their creativity not their coding.

Just ignore the fact that his pc is crappy and that bloodborne is nearly 10 years old.

Just fyi, im not attacking the guy.  Its ok to have a crappy PC.  They all end up crappy at some point.  In 5 years mine will probably be considered crappy. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
2 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Just ignore the fact that his pc is crappy and that bloodborne is nearly 10 years old.

Just fyi, im not attacking the guy.  Its ok to have a crappy PC.  They all end up crappy at some point.  In 5 years mine will probably be considered crappy. 

I love From Software but most of their PC ports have been fixed by fan patches and were terrible day 1.  The fanmade HD patches of DS1 and DS2 were pretty incredible work compared to the garbage the studio dumped on steam.

No doubt.  I never said a damn thing about those games.  I never played DS2 but I did play DS and I sure as shit used that mod that was released to get the game to run good. 

With this game though, outside of reviewers folk have mentioned, the only folk I see have turrible issues (invisible bad guys and such) is the people playing on older hardware. 

Toxic dudes coming out the woodwork to defend chris brown. He got accused of rape by some woman who he apparently having consensual sex with based on texts he released. 

Which is fine... But he also beat the breaks off rihanna so its not exactly like people dont have a reason to not trust him. Dude seems to be involved in some sorta abuse thing with women every other month. I dunno man maybe lay low and go find a chick from church or sumtin

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Dude his PC exceeds the recommended specs.

Recommended Intel CPU is i7 8700 K. The 8 in 8700K is 8th Gen. He has 9TH GEN i7.

Recommended GPU GTX 1070. He has RTX 2060 which more powerful.

Recommended RAM. 12GB. He has 16GB. 16 is more than 12.

Side note: The age of Bloodborne has  nothing to do with a hacker getting the game to run on console better than the game's  actual developer. It's not running on PC or an emulator, it's running on the actual hardware double the frame rate. On a potato Jaguar based CPU at that. He doesn't the low level access of the developer. Yet he was able to create 60fps patch. That is just another example of From Software's poor coding. Their games usually have frame pacing issues as well. 

Edit: Bloodborne patch video

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Was this posted already?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/entertainment/ryan-coogler-arrested-bank-robbery-mistaken/index.html 

Ryan Coogler was falsely arrested in Jan at Bank of America.

Wow...that's a pretty large fuck up.  This is my first time hearing about it.

Edit:   "Hey Ryan where are you?  We're shooting in 30 minutes!"  "Ya'll gonna have to wait cause I'm being detained for trying to take over 10,000 out of my own god damn account.  The lady thought I was trying to rob the bank..." "......." "....yeah...exactly"

Edited by Sonichuman

Oh no...this already sounds like the next disaster to have fun laughing about (*and easy views for certain reaction channels!) 

Right away we got a red flag from the fact that the same folks who were behind the Batwoman show....yep, they are the ones working on this.

At least it will have Olivia Rose Keegan's cute little ass on there; she's a former "Days of Our Lives" girl.

*Elden Ring---I haven't noticed that many problems with the game, and I'm playing on "old" ass XB1.... there's certain areas with a lot of world/geometry going on where the frame-rate gets "iffy" but that's about it.  Keep in mind... I was a fan of Skyrim so....the slight choppiness is small potatoes to me.  At least the shit actually runs, and I don't have to worry about a crash to dashboard every time I enter or leave a damn cave/dungeon area.

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, Camacho said:

IA lot of them get sold on the idea that the reason they're depressed or unhappy with their bodies is because of their assigned gender, when really depression and all that comes with it are a pretty normal part of being a teen. I clearly recall being a depressed teen thinking "I would be happy if X"- surely a lot of you had that experience as well. Being encouraged to do something that will change your body permanently and having a community of idiots tell you "this is why you feel bad, go through these transitions and you'll feel better" has to harm for more people than exercising more caution with the very small percentage of people who really have gender dysphoria. 

My problem with the leftist politics on transgender is how can they just lecture us on accepting them when they are the ones who couldn't accept themselves? Shouldn't we teach children at a young age to accept and be happy with who you are? 

Edited by zatalcon3
42 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

My problem with the leftist politics on transgender is how can they just lecture us on accepting them when they are the ones who couldn't accept themselves? Shouldn't we teach children at a young age to accept and be happy with who you are? 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Dude is a filmmaker, how does he not know that passing a bank teller a note is a bad idea no matter what race you are?

My man had his ID and provided it. Not great sure, but when you read, you will succeed. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
4 hours ago, J-ride said:

I love From Software...

i dont.

but i do LOVE Tenchu.

which is the last thing they wanna produce.

i personally dont get dark souls or any game like it.

cuz when i watch playthroughs of DS and elden and sekiro and any from software game. all i see is the wrath of heaven/fatal shadows boss fights. 

its weird. they took the shittiest aspects of tenchu. and made games based around tenchu boss fights.

its essentially just that.  i know alot of yall like dark soulsy games. im not saying yall wrong for liking em. i just like tenchu. no sekiro is not tenchu.

not the same. God im dying for more tenchu.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

i dont.

but i do LOVE Tenchu.

which is the last thing they wanna produce.

i personally dont get dark souls or any game like it.

cuz when i watch playthroughs of DS and elden and sekiro and any from software game. all i see is the wrath of heaven/fatal shadows boss fights. 

its weird. they took the shittiest aspects of tenchu. and made games based around tenchu boss fights.

its essentially just that.  i know alot of yall like dark soulsy games. im not saying yall wrong for liking em. i just like tenchu. no sekiro is not tenchu.

not the same. God im dying for more tenchu.

This is the weirdest comparisom shit I've read in a while. Fromsoft bosses the last 20 years are nothing like Wrath of Heaven bosses, like huhwut? Also the games have huge levels so like if you've actually watched its clearly more then just bosses. 

It's always weird seeing people criticize their games. There's plenty to harp on but people say weird stuff like it has Tenchu bosses. Wut?  I fucking HATE Tenchu bosses. They are indeed the worst fucking parts of the game consistently whole Fromsofts bosses have been bangers more often then not. Totally confusing. 

Anyway Trnchu was cool but Sekiro is way better in pretty much every way. Tenchu Z was pretty tight tho. 

Edited by RSG3
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

A story of detransitioning isn't a story about sex changes being handed out like tic-tacs. Where are they handing out sex changes like candy since that's your claim.

If you had listened to the discussion you'd know she went into great detail about how easy it was to have her dysphoria medicalized. Online activist groups give you the script of what you need to tell a therapist, and it's pretty much as simple as that. If the therapist is hesitant, they risk their career. Or at the minimum, you just go to a different therapist. "Sex changes" was an oversimplification on account of me getting annoyed with how discussing the topic basically results in people sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "bigot", "bible thumper", etc. 

Here's an enormously detailed resource for learning more about topic: https://www.genderhq.org/

More specifically:

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-youth-side-effects-hormone-blockers-surgery/

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-youth-consent-transition-gender-dysphoria

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-nature-vs-nurture-innate-gender-identity-culture-part2

...for those of you unwilling to read more than a tweet, something new I learned while finding this stuff is that putting a child- particularly a male child- on puberty blockers and non birth gender hormones ultimately makes surgical transitions more complicated and less favorable to the patient, because those drugs stop genital growth, and you need that "material" to work with. So yeah, those people excited to put their kids on these drugs are literally giving their male children micropenises  (didn't know that was a real medical term until today) unlikely to ever work and ensuring that they don't have enough surface area to make a neovagina without using part of the colon, which is not ideal and very dangerous even compared to the "normal bottom surgery". This is child abuse that will damage people for life- even a person who is legitimately trans- and a lot of the people harmed are bandwagon hopping teens rebelling or  gullible children encouraged by sycophant parents thrilled to get more progressive points. So yeah, I'd say it's better to err on the side of caution and wait until you're at least legally an adult before medicalizing gender dysphoria. 

Edited by Camacho
8 minutes ago, Camacho said:

If you had listened to the discussion you'd know she went into great detail about how easy it was to have her dysphoria medicalized. Online activist groups give you the script of what you need to tell a therapist, and it's pretty much as simple as that. If the therapist is hesitant, they risk their career. Or at the minimum, you just go to a different therapist. "Sex changes" was an oversimplification on account of me getting annoyed with how discussing the topic basically results in people sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "bigot", "bible thumper", etc. 

Here's an enormously detailed resource for learning more about topic: https://www.genderhq.org/

More specifically:

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-youth-side-effects-hormone-blockers-surgery/

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-youth-consent-transition-gender-dysphoria

https://www.genderhq.org/trans-nature-vs-nurture-innate-gender-identity-culture-part2

...for those of you unwilling to read more than a tweet, something new I learned while finding this stuff is that putting a child- particularly a male child- on puberty blockers and non birth gender hormones ultimately makes surgical transitions more complicated and less favorable to the patient, because those drugs stop genital growth, and you need that "material" to work with. So yeah, those people excited to put their kids on these drugs are literally giving their male children micropenises  (didn't know that was a real medical term until today) unlikely to ever work and ensuring that they don't have enough surface area to make a neovagina without using part of the colon, which is not ideal and very dangerous even compared to the "normal bottom surgery". This is child abuse that will damage people for life- even a person who is legitimately trans- and a lot of the people harmed are bandwagon hopping teens rebelling or  gullible children encouraged by sycophant parents thrilled to get more progressive points. So yeah, I'd say it's better to err on the side of caution and wait until you're at least legally an adult before medicalizing gender dysphoria. 

Except all the utter crap you posted goes against actual medical literature 

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2018/1201/p645.html

Persons whose experienced or expressed gender differs from their sex assigned at birth may identify as transgender. Transgender and gender-diverse persons may have gender dysphoria (i.e., distress related to this incongruence) and often face substantial health care disparities and barriers to care. Gender identity is distinct from sexual orientation, sex development, and external gender expression. Each construct is culturally variable and exists along continuums rather than as dichotomous entities. Training staff in culturally sensitive terminology and transgender topics (e.g., use of chosen name and pronouns), creating welcoming and affirming clinical environments, and assessing personal biases may facilitate improved patient interactions. Depending on their comfort level and the availability of local subspecialty support, primary care clinicians may evaluate gender dysphoria and manage applicable hormone therapy, or monitor well-being and provide primary care and referrals. The history and physical examination should be sensitive and tailored to the reason for each visit. Clinicians should identify and treat mental health conditions but avoid the assumption that such conditions are related to gender identity. Preventive services should be based on the patient's current anatomy, medication use, and behaviors. Gender-affirming hormone therapy, which involves the use of an estrogen and antiandrogen, or of testosterone, is generally safe but partially irreversible. Specialized referral-based surgical services may improve outcomes in select patients. Adolescents experiencing puberty should be evaluated for reversible puberty suppression, which may make future affirmation easier and safer. Aspects of affirming care should not be delayed until gender stability is ensured. Multidisciplinary care may be optimal but is not universally available.