Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

9 years 32 weeks to hit 2 mil on the dot off the top of my head, I'm old so I may be off a week. Old 386 in my head ain't what it used to be.

But how long before the 4k a week catches up to the total the $2 mil would have earned if invested in a 60/40 stocks/bonds mixed portfolio during the same amount of time is the real question.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

But how long before the 4k a week catches up to the total the $2 mil would have earned if invested in a 60/40 stocks/bonds mixed portfolio during the same amount of time is the real question.

What would be the average percentage gained on the 2 million yearly? That get's compounded because as you gain money the value that baseline calculation is figured against changes. Which is further complicated by how many times that pay out occurs in a year. TLDR; Can't do that one in my head.

Peggy or Kelly Bundy.... this was always a tough one for me....sometimes a coin flip.  Peggy had the slight edge though...for these reasons:

1. MILF status....so this naturally checks off a box on the list of fantasies.
  2. She's a redhead, so... bonus points for that.
  3. Lovely voice.

I would've pounced on Marcy too, btw... I thought she was cute ever since she was "Amy" in Fright Night, wayyy back in the day....kind of a shame she played for the other team in real life though.

and yeah I'd be tempted to go for the big 2 mil right away but 4,000 a week is better.  I'd instantly quit working and just sit around getting that 208k a year just for existing....that sounds too good to pass up.

History's Greatest Mysteries is still on----now there's an episode all about the real life Amityville Horror.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What would be the average percentage gained on the 2 million yearly? That get's compounded because as you gain money the value that baseline calculation is figured against changes. Which is further complicated by how many times that pay out occurs in a year. TLDR; Can't do that one in my head.

I wouldn't expect anyone to actually do the math offhand, and there are plenty of compound interest calculators online that can spit it out anyway.

Assuming about a 7% return in index funds, that $2 million is nearly $4 million in 10 years, around the time the $4 a week hits $2 million.

There's some wiggle room if the $4k also gets similarly invested, but in general this is a great reminder of how it's better to be born rich than to work really hard at a great job.

59 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to actually do the math offhand, and there are plenty of compound interest calculators online that can spit it out anyway.

Assuming about a 7% return in index funds, that $2 million is nearly $4 million in 10 years, around the time the $4 a week hits $2 million.

There's some wiggle room if the $4k also gets similarly invested, but in general this is a great reminder of how it's better to be born rich than to work really hard at a great job.

This whole thing ignores that I'm human and I'll do something dumb with the money.

OTOH a lifetime of 4K a week means I can't really hurt myself. 

I missed having regulars at a hobby shop so much. it sounds dumb I almost cried because of one today. I’ve been helping her and her son collect, buy and sell Pokémon cards which they’ve super bonded over. Which is super cool and makes me proud that I could help in whatever way. 

I mentioned to them last week I’ve been wanting to get back into the game as I’m finding more hobby shops opening around me that have organized play. I also mentioned that each booster comes with a digital code for booster packs to build decks online with as well. They told me they just threw them away but if I wanted they’d give me all their codes.

I politely declined but I’m also glad they didn’t listen as They came by shortly after I got into work today and gave me a huge stack of digital booster codes (well over 500 probably) and a bunch of physical cards to help me get back into the game since all they’re doing is collecting they didn’t need all the bulk.

It was super super sweet and considerate. I’ve missed that kind of community feel. I haven’t been apart of any gaming community since I moved here and I’ve missed it desperately. So their small act of kindness means the world to me

Also, Her other son who I just met today got super hype because one of the booster packs I picked for him ended up having a $200 Charizard card in it. Her brother and their mom was insanely jealous cause it’s the most valuable card any of them have pulled. 

Edited by iStu X

Coach on one of my favorite topics once again

This new clip he's analyzing now is hilarious...2 women on a podcast going on and on about "nice guys ALWAYS win" Really?  Ok sure....that's a good one; she could go on stand-up comedy tours with that kind of material.  Good one, ladies....I needed that laugh today. 🤣

13 hours ago, Sonero said:

Look...SonicHuman is pure of heart.

Ok look this time around I've NEVER heard of someone tonguepunching a fartbox.  I was reading this sentence multiple times with my son in my lap waiting for him to go to bed and it kept going over my head and it's only now that I both read it outloud in front of my own computer in combination with Chad's post that I'm like ..."OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH....I feel like a dumbass"

Edited by Sonichuman

Another good one on History channel I noticed that is on right now--- "I Was There"...first episode on now is about the Hindenburg disaster.  I didn't know it's still apparently a mystery, exactly what caused the fiery crash.

...another thing for the time travel device, btw---- the Statue of Liberty.  I was looking up pictures recently of how it looked when it was being brought here and assembled...it would also be interesting to just see how it looked at the very beginning when it was still a giant brown copper statue, before the green appearance it has been known for with the past several generations....that's quite a long time, actually... even the oldest Baby Boomers have seen it as a green statue for their entire lives at this point... apparently it was green by 1920, well before that generation was born. https://www.nyhistory.org/community/when-did-the-statue-of-liberty-turn-green ...ha, man that's a trip to think about... so basically that's the generation of my great grandparents that *might* have remembered the statue being brown during the early part of their lifetime.

So... my time travel destinations for sure would be---

• Roswell crash site; 1947.  I desperately want to know all the details of what was going on there.
  • the arrival and construction of the Statue of Liberty...
  • and the construction of the Great Pyramids, Stonehenge, and the temple Gobekli Tepe.
  • the ancient Aztecs; I'd have to stop by and check in on them too.
  • The 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident 
  • Denisovans arriving in ancient North America!  
  • Neanderthals and their interactions with homo sapiens!
  • Atlantis---see if it was real or not...and what was going on over there...and what happened at the end.
  • and of course... the days of the very first humans/hominids.  I'd like to see whoever was the actual first people in the world.

It would also be fun to check out some actual gladiator combat in the colosseum.  There would be a lot of interesting things to see if you could time travel. These are just the first things that come to mind for me.

Edited by MillionX
20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh you got me thinking about this girl I knew in high school. Straight up dime....with a gravely ass voice. Not a sultry voice, not a husky voice, but a stop drop n' open up shop voice. 🤣

I'm a big believer in nature balancing things out, Mike Tyson is a good example. Here you have one or the toughest mfs on earth, has survived circumstances that would put a lot of people down, and yet he has THAT voice 🤣

Well this is annoying. I caught some kinda bug i dont know what though. My throat is very much scratchy and causing me to cough and clear it constsntly for the past 72 hours. Got some kinda flem build up.. Enough that it made me use my inhaler last night for the first time in months. Only thing im sure of is its not covid but cant tell if its a sinus infection or strep. Im lesning towards a mild sinus infection due to it showing up just as the weather changed pretty dramatically in mass. 

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

FLA. Governor just signed this law. I think it's good. Any other state requires students to take a financial class?

While i like the idea i dont know of it should be forced. I dunno how many of you had to deal with state testing requirements for graduation but they pretty much took over my education in hs. We learned towards the testing and this just adds more shit for students who struggle

13 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

FLA. Governor just signed this law. I think it's good. Any other state requires students to take a financial class?

**Financial Literacy Snip***

Absolutely.  In general people make pretty bad decisions when it comes to most of their finances and it's a good way to set yourself up for failure.  Especially when it comes to buying too much house or going too deep into student loan debt.  That can cause you YEARS of pain and suffering.

Edited by J-ride