Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

59 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Society's values change and I'm not sure how they felt about what they were doing compared to what was acceptable at the time.  Even if a classic film has something unsavory in it, I want it be left intact and unaltered.  Movies should be left as they were made and not to the whims of the current bourgeois.

Oh they knew it was wrong back then, they just let their bigotry justify it

Disney knew it was insulting to make the song "what makes the red man red" in Peter Pan, and they stuck to their BS when they white wash the shit out of Pocahontas

Edited by DarkSakul

Man...its fucking crazy how you can defend the honor of your balding wife who cheated on you with your son's friend while she was supposed to be helping him recover physically from some illnesses by slapping a comedian you've known for a long time who made a silly joke about your wife having short hair at an event that constantly has people promote non-violence during their award speeches and...

They make you out be the bad .

What an unfair world. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Oh they knew it was wrong back then, they just let their bigotry justify it

You need to stop bitching like the typical twitter snowflake who wants to go all sensitive about things companies did 50-60 years ago. The people working at Disney now are not the ones who worked on those old animations. Whoever worked at Disney during that time is either dead or retired. You are trying to boycot the jobs of people who had no involvement of the type of content that was put in more than 20+ years ago. People stopped crying about those movies during the 80s, its 2022 get over it.  Put your snowflake finger down and retire the hand.

Edited by zatalcon3
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

.....Disney knew it was insulting to make the song "what makes the red man red" in Peter Pan, and they stuck to their BS when they white wash the shit out of Pocahontas

In all likelihood he just made a caricature out of what he would have thought Native Americans looked like as he probably never met or saw one in his life.   The chief looks just like the cigar store Indians that were popular at the time and probably had more to do with why the chief looked the way he did than any kind of mean-spiritedness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigar_store_Indian

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Which merely proves Lucas is one of the most petty guys out there. I love forever the creation of Star Wars BUUUUUT that doesn't make him a saint as we now see. 

Was foolish to ever think he was. Lucas entire life has been recreating being a kid. Hes also in Hollywood. Of course he's petty. 

Gonna post in more sections from now on.

I had a LONG set of SFxT today with a somewhat laggy EU player, I got riled up as hell but in doing so I think I finally shook off the aura of anxiety that's been plaguing me all week, likely due to the weather shift.  Even jogging and weights wasn't doing the trick, playing  fighting games and competition in general does a lot for treating that.

It's annoying that so many people claimed I make them uncomfortable at events with my intensity.  For me, playing a close set and getting heated over it is a thrill that we don't get in any other outlet in our adult lives.  I've seen dudes chuck sticks and smash TVs and hurl chairs, that's not me, but I'm definitely a top-tier ranter.

I'm mostly anxious over whether or not I got all of the stuff I applied for at Combo Breaker.  I applied for official side tournament duties for SFxT and commentary for TMNTxJL Turbo (I wrote a lot of the dialogue in this version if  you haven't seen me talk about it in the SFV Longue), but a part of me still wonders if certain people in the Chicago FGC (who said some sideways shit to me last year including antiemetic stuff)  have the ears of the wrong people in that decision making.  I've been thriving doing streams with Arturo and Spooky since the fall and all my events get big view numbers on youtube, so I'm mostly likely in the clear of whatever controversy I'm stressing over, but maybe I won't fully be over it until I get the role I've been shooting for.  

The 'Chunks' in This Recalled Peanut Butter Could Be Metal Fragments (metal 🤘)

More than 160,000 lbs. of both creamy and chunky peanut butter are part of the recall.

178a58a6e1aaabab7209ddd3e8bd1646.png

Why is there a Skippy peanut butter recall?

Spoiler

A total of 9,353 cases (or 161,692 lbs.) of Skippy peanut butter products are being recalled because there’s a chance that small fragments of stainless steel from a piece of manufacturing equipment may have ended up in a limited number of jars. The issue came to light when the manufacturing facility’s internal detection systems identified the concern.

At this point, there have been no consumer injuries or other complaints related to this recall, and all retailers that received the affected peanut butters have been notified.

Which types of Skippy peanut butters are being recalled?

The easiest way to determine whether your Skippy peanut butter is part of the recall is to look for the “Best if Used By” date on the top of the jar. The following varieties with the specified dates are being recalled:

SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 40oz

• Best if Used By MAY0423
  • Best if Used By MAY0523

SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter – Club, 2/40oz

• Best if Used By MAY0523

SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter, 16.3oz

• Best if Used By MAY0723
  • Best if Used By MAY0623

SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein, 14oz

• Best if Used By MAY1023

These are the only products that are part of the recall: No other sizes, varieties, or other packaging configurations of SKIPPY® brand peanut butter or peanut butter spreads are included, according to the FDA.

G/O Media may get a commission

Miraculously lightweight and lofty towels.
Features a unique cotton loop to hang and dry towel post-use.

What to do if you’ve purchased the recalled Skippy peanut butter

If you’ve purchased any of the peanut butter products listed above, don’t eat it. Instead, return it to the retailer where you bought it for an exchange, or call Skippy Foods Consumer Engagement at 1-866-475-4779 (from Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST) or visit their website for instructions and more information.

Most people remember the other April Fools jokes from EGM... I rarely see people bringing up Nimbus Terrafaux though... I remember recreating him later on in games that allowed for character creation

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Nimbus_Terrafaux 

perhaps a candidate for a future character in Elden Ring... either that or Lion-O, Panthro and He-Man....ha, I'll always have fun with that.  Character creation is my #1 favorite thing ever to become a feature in video games.  That one thing always adds huge amounts of replay value for me.

Edited by MillionX