Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 7/2/2023 at 7:16 AM, Reticently said:

I mean it from the other angle- getting stepped out on sure isn't worth killing yourself over.  And in some cases might not even be worth getting seriously mad about.

I think female cheating tends to be worse in my experience.  There seems to be way more malice in female cheating compared to male cheating.

47 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think female cheating tends to be worse in my experience.  There seems to be way more malice in female cheating compared to male cheating.

There's definitely a kind of woman who wants to get caught cheating in a way no guy ever really does.  Just thrives on the drama or something. 

But aside from those women specifically, I think men and women who cheat are pretty similar in their motives, for better or worse.

Edited by Reticently

Ppl keep throwing hints like they need my advice or financial assistance but im only just now starting to work steadily again AND my sister got me on the hook in a financial bind due to her irresponsibility so the funds nor my normally sage wisdom isnt there.

I'm drowning right now, not mentally or  financially in a place to save anybody. Some already know this and yet still try to dump their baggage on me.

I deadass had to borrow out of my 401k to once again help my dumbass sister and buy some time, still im fucked legally til probaby February next year at the earliest. I got my own problems to sort out first 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl keep throwing hints like they need my advice or financial assistance but im only just now starting to work steadily again AND my sister got me on the hook in a financial bind due to her irresponsibility so the funds nor my normally sage wisdom isnt there.

I'm drowning right now, not mentally or  financially in a place to save anybody. Some already know this and yet still try to dump their baggage on me.

I deadass had to borrow out of my 401k to once again help my dumbass sister and buy some time, still im fucked legally til probaby February next year at the earliest. I got my own problems to sort out first 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oof. I hope shit goes good for you. Fucking with a 401K well before you can legally use it means you're in a BAD spot. If you don't mind me asking, what mess did your sister get into? If you answer, you can be as vague as possible.

Edited by axeman61
10 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Well, I'm only basing it on myself. I once liquidated a 401K from a previous job with a paltry amount in it (like 2K at most) because I needed it at the time. I was that broke. I wouldn't recommend it; they REALLY hit you come tax time.

Oh, 401k loans are very different from liquidating.  401k loans only fuck you if you fail to pay back.  Liquidating is a straight up desperation move, so I see where you're coming from though.

There is a documentary miniseries about American Gladiators on Netflix now... it's good stuff so far; a shame I'm probably nearing the end of it already, as most things on netflix are only a few episodes. It's cool to get a "behind the scenes" story of what was going on there; I watched that show regularly back in the day when it was the new hit thing on tv....and yeah some of those female gladiators were HOT imo... some still look good today, actually.  

Oh yeah and imagine the real dirt that went on behind the scenes in terms of freaky hookups.... these were all people in their physical prime with good looks at the time, doing a show together and later going on tours across the country together...a little drug action going on occasionally as well.... sheeeittt... I bet there's some extra juicy info they aren't going to go into on this.

*well there ya go; one on an episode I'm watching now just mentioned "thank god there was no social media around at the time because..."

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Oof. I hope shit goes good for you. Fucking with a 401K well before you can legally use it means you're in a BAD spot. If you don't mind me asking, what mess did your sister get into? If you answer, you can be as vague as possible.

I helped my sister get an apartment by signing for it, she lost her job about 2 months after (which im not mad about cuz it happens).

The problem is, she nevrr told me she was behind so I get a call from the leasing office on the 15th (rent was due of the 5th) saying I owe X amount of dollars or they're sending it to the attorney's office and I will have to pay all ensuing legal fees. So I had to drop $1300 just to buy time. 

On top of that, my rent and expenses were also due, so my funds down to about $2500 or so, which I havent been that low in YEARS. Now I gotta drop $1200 by tommorow ish, so I had to dig in my 401k.

Im pissed cuz my sis doesn't seem to grasp how serious this situation is, shr doesnt think I should be pissef at her like I am, but my credit and/or funds bout to be FUCKED if she doesnt find work fast and maintain it.

Like, Im almost deadass considering cutting her off completely once this ordeal is over next year. Like I started 2023 with about 12k saved up now ill have only about 1k by weeks end if im lucky due to unforseen circumstances 

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, KimuraLOX said:

You HAVE to cut her off. She's not taking this seriously because she has you pretty much as a contingency plan. Don't let her ruin your life. Let her figue her shit out herself or find someone else to do it.

I mean, I have to play nice to a degree for now so I can MAYBE get some of my money back and wait til this lease is over but yea, after that, she's DONE. I'll still love her but I will no longer help her after this

Four volunteers have entered a 1,700-square-foot habitat, NASA's Crew Health and Performance Exploration Analog, as part of an experiment designed to anticipate the challenges that a real-life human mission to Mars might face.

The participants, none of whom are trained astronauts, will remain in the habitat for 378 days. They will carry out an array of mission activities, including simulated spacewalks, robotic operations, growing crops, and habitat maintenance.

There will be obstacles such as resource limitations, equipment failure, communication delays, and environmental stressors. This will be the first of three planned Mars surface simulations.

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I mean, I have to play nice to a degree for now so I can MAYBE get some of my money back and wait til this lease is over but yea, after that, she's DONE. I'll still love her but I will no longer help her after this

Good. Boundaries are key. The last thing a person should be doing is making someone's responsibility your own. You waste too much time by loving too hard and money that way. I've had to cut everyone off, because they'll see you as a security blanket. You're usable to them.

You do have a kind heart though. I can sense it. Admirable.

1 hour ago, KimuraLOX said:

You HAVE to cut her off. She's not taking this seriously because she has you pretty much as a contingency plan. Don't let her ruin your life. Let her figue her shit out herself or find someone else to do it.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, having so little life experience myself, but I'd be inclined to agree.

I was nervous about paying off the rest of a cousin's bed on layaway when she came to me for help, fearing she might come to me again and again (I've never helped her at all before that). But at least she laid everything out and initially only asked for half. The full amount I gave her is just over 400 bucks. She hasn't come to me since.

The sister here needed a co-signer (meaning they didn't trust her to pay) and let this lay until it was an unwelcome several thousand dollar surprise. And now, she doesn't see how serious shit is. I personally would be plotting on cutting her off too, but maybe there's some mitigating factor here I don't know about.

26 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I spent $7K on my bed 😬

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I agree with the gesture. You spend a third of your life on that thing. Make it count.

People must understand the value of spending money on their beds and shoes. 

When I started getting more serious about running, I quickly realized that getting stuff out of the bargain bin vs. a good pair of purpose-built shoes makes a difference. The same goes for casual wear also. 

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I helped my sister get an apartment by signing for it, she lost her job about 2 months after (which im not mad about cuz it happens).

The problem is, she nevrr told me she was behind so I get a call from the leasing office on the 15th (rent was due of the 5th) saying I owe X amount of dollars or they're sending it to the attorney's office and I will have to pay all ensuing legal fees. So I had to drop $1300 just to buy time. 

On top of that, my rent and expenses were also due, so my funds down to about $2500 or so, which I havent been that low in YEARS. Now I gotta drop $1200 by tommorow ish, so I had to dig in my 401k.

Im pissed cuz my sis doesn't seem to grasp how serious this situation is, shr doesnt think I should be pissef at her like I am, but my credit and/or funds bout to be FUCKED if she doesnt find work fast and maintain it.

Like, Im almost deadass considering cutting her off completely once this ordeal is over next year. Like I started 2023 with about 12k saved up now ill have only about 1k by weeks end if im lucky due to unforseen circumstances 

You a better man than me. I opened my home to one of my sistas. Let her live rent free for most of her 2 year stay no problem. Because it's one thing to open your home to family. ITS ANOTHER to co-sign on an apartment for them.

I could neva. If you're not in a position to get and/or maintain your own? You gotta swallow your pride and ask to move in. But I ain't co-signing a damn thing. I got burned by my sis once on signing for a cell phone plan she said she'd pay.  Not putting my credit and finances on the line for them again.

Sucks to hear you had to touch your retirement money. And she ain't about to pay any of that back. Just expects you to take the hit because she thinks you're Ballin. I'd still keep a relationship with her. But ya should never have any conversations about money. Unless it's about paying you back.