Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Lizzo Responds to Sexual Harassment Lawsuit: ‘I Am Not The Villain’

Untitled-design-3-1-2048x1152.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvevdf9OTse/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=effb83b3-23e0-477b-aa4e-2ddb2e6ca7fb

The singer took to Instagram Wednesday night and clarified that she was not the “villain” in this story and called the last few days “gut-wrenchingly difficult.”

“My character has been criticized. Usually, I choose not to respond to false allegations, but these are as unbelievable as they sound and too outrageous to not be addressed. These sensationalized stories are coming from former employees who have already publicly admitted that they were told their behavior on tour was inappropriate and unprofessional,” the singer wrote.

“As an artist, I have always been very passionate about what I do. I take my music and my performances seriously because, at the end of the day, I only want to put out the best art that represents me and my fans. With passion comes hard work and high standards. Sometimes I have to make hard decisions, but it’s never been my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable or like they aren’t valued as an important part of the team,” she wrote.

Lizzo claimed that she was not making a statement to be “looked at as a victim” but wanted to clarify that she was no villain.

“I am very open with my sexuality and expressing myself, but I cannot accept or allow people to use that openness to make me out to be something I am not,” Lizzo wrote.

“There is nothing I take more seriously than the respect we deserve as women in the world. I know what it feels like to be body shamed on a daily basis and would absolutely never criticize or terminate an employee because of their weight. I’m hurt but I will not let the good work I’ve done in the world be overshadowed by this. I want to thank everyone who has reached out in support to lift me up during this difficult time,” she added.

43 minutes ago, Red Rock Candy said:

Why did those black guys flip out over the hand  gestures?

I think they thought they were being marked by a gang.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I think pretty much every video I've seen of some thief getting his ass beat by a store clerk has been in NYC, so this dude must have forgotten where he lived lol Seems like stealing there would be a bad idea unless you wanted to go out suicide-by-corner-store-cashier style.

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

. Guy got off easy.

I really doubt he got easy, it certainly could have been worse, but from the looks of it he very likely will have a lot of long life problems due this incident, for starters, hear impairment, probably some damage to his organs and legs, etc

Add also that he was looking at the hole when the explosion occurred, so he probably had some damage to his face and eyes.

Edited by Hecatom
23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

That dude getting his ass beat for trying to steal the cigarettes is pretty satisfying.

21 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I think pretty much every video I've seen of some thief getting his ass beat by a store clerk has been in NYC, so this dude must have forgotten where he lived lol Seems like stealing there would be a bad idea unless you wanted to go out suicide-by-corner-store-cashier style.

Surprised this happened in California.

7 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Stockton be like that.  Dude got what he deserved.

You know! Think you been in the toughest 'hood? Then you haven't been to Stockton...

Live right now:

https://lichess.org/broadcast/fide-world-cup-2023-open-section/round-3-game-1/m8Li6uw5

https://www.twitch.tv/chess24

EDIT:

youtube rabbit hole:

The reason why no countires have the balls to invade America is because not only does law enforcement and military have guns but private citizens have guns too:

Edited by Jion_Wansu

So... after the gym today there was a spot with some folks from Smoothie King giving out free stuff... holy shit man---it's a damn shame that I've gone this far in life without the "banana cinnamon" smoothie.  That is one of the best food items I've ever had right there.  This now becomes a regular thing from here on out for me.  Odd thing is that I've been there before but don't recall seeing that on the menu before.  

This right here:

https://www.smoothieking.com/menu/smoothies/be-well-blends/power-meal-cinnamon-banana

Words can't even do it justice.

Made a little bit more progress wit my dev project. System dialogue boxes, Saving/Loading* and the beginnings of my battle system. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to be able to hit my Halloween deadline for at least a prologue/demo since time constraints and dev roadblocks but it's kinda coming together. I just need to keep reminding myself that once the systems are in place and my games "engine" is built, it's smooth sailing with level design, combat ai, spriting and *gulps* music.

My save system currently has some kinks in the wiring somewhere but I'm fairly certain the error "shouldn't" be much of an issue even when the game is exported.