Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I’m already liking my new job despite the fact I haven’t  even had my first day yet. I was filling out new hire packets online, right? Well as I was filling them out I read that after 6 months of working with the company I get access to two weeks of paid vacation a year plus paid holidays. (4th, Thanksgiving, Xmas were the only given examples but there might be more. I’m jot sure) 

Pretty sweet. So close to having a real job. 😂

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

😂😂😂

jfc. 

Demi Lovato Sings To Ghosts To Help Them Overcome Trauma Caused By Sexism”

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/demi-lovato-sings-to-ghosts-to-help-them-overcome-trauma-caused-20211217

She seems like the kind of gal that plays meme builds of RPG characters that the community never does because they don't work. 

Also her name would be a good MTG card. 

Demi Lovato, Geist Singer! 

I wonder, what is the shortest amount of time you guys have worked for a place?  Wayyy back in the day, I was employed at FedEx for all of 1 half a day and that was enough right there for me.  I did at least have the courtesy of telling the supervisor I would not be returning after lunch.  Of course this was just going to be a summer job between school years, and basically some gaming/comic book money for me at the time.  

Sheeeitttt, the trucks you have to load up... it was like being inside a furnace.... actually much worse than the outside summer heat.  It would only get much worse when the pace of the stuff on a conveyor belt picks up...and of course your partner working the same truck *just happens* to ninja-vanish when a lot of the packages start coming down the line....then like something out of an old sitcom, there I am running back and forth from a conveyor belt to load big boxes and make sure things aren't falling off....hell nah, man.  As an active, high-metabolism kid at the time, I figured I was in pretty good shape....but just that half-day wore me the hell out.  One of my old childhood friends also worked there later, and he managed to tolerate that bullshit for years.  I moved on to a much more laid-back telemarketer kind of job later, which was easy.

4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I wonder, what is the shortest amount of time you guys have worked for a place?  Wayyy back in the day, I was employed at FedEx for all of 1 half a day and that was enough right there for me.  I did at least have the courtesy of telling the supervisor I would not be returning after lunch.  Of course this was just going to be a summer job between school years, and basically some gaming/comic book money for me at the time. 

Same. I worked at some place which did surveys at some city halls regarding local government performances. Required you to visit other towns and wear suits the whole time (the kind of jobs I proactively try to avoid as I loathe wearing suits). After the first day of visiting 2 towns and being bored out of my mind, I decided not to go back the next day. I had still not formerly signed my contract yet so it was pretty easy to just ditch their asses. They tried to call me early next morning, I ghosted, and they never tried calling me again

I tried working during a summer at Busch Gardens for a few days during college.

I went to orientation. I had to work some carnival games and some other things. 

I had to wear very short shorts and I could smell animal dookie everywhere (Busch Gardens is half zoo, half amusement park)

There was nothing super hard about it, but being in the FL hot and humid summer all day  near dookie is annoying.

Most of the time in college  I worked at the bookstore which was always inside and AC even though we had to lug books around.

I never got went to get my pay for those few days until I reclaimed it on one of those govt sites like 4-5 years ago lol.

Of course, on the extreme end of the pettiness scale lies TikToker Kassie Yeung (@kassieyeung). She traveled 5,953 miles from Los Angeles to Seoul, South Korea, to remove a “love lock” she attached to a popular tourist attraction with her former flame.

In 2019, the then-couple ascended to the top of the Namsan Tower to add a padlock together honoring the bond of their relationship. Yeung returned in the spring of 2021 to remove it out of “pettiness,”

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Sheeeitttt, the trucks you have to load up... it was like being inside a furnace.... actually much worse than the outside summer heat.  It would only get much worse when the pace of the stuff on a conveyor belt picks up...and of course your partner working the same truck *just happens* to ninja-vanish when a lot of the packages start coming down the line....then like something out of an old sitcom, there I am running back and forth from a conveyor belt to load big boxes and make sure things aren't falling off....hell nah, man.  As an active, high-metabolism kid at the time, I figured I was in pretty good shape....but just that half-day wore me the hell out.  One of my old childhood friends also worked there later, and he managed to tolerate that bullshit for years.  I moved on to a much more laid-back telemarketer kind of job later, which was easy.

I worked at a healthcare place doing programming stuff. Due to being groggy during meetings, I didn't last 90 days, although what they saw of my programming was good. I've gotten a job I like infinitely more than that place since then and that still fucks me up whenever I think about it. That job I lost was one of the few positions in my home state period, and I got it through a recruitment agency (which normally does jack squat). It's actually a reverse-miracle I fucked up that opportunity. But I'm doing fine now, so there's that at least.

Second job I ever had, was working as an apprentice in printing. About 5 months in, got some bad instructions from my supervisor on how to do some of the maintenance on the press and ended up severing the flexor tendon in my right index finger.  Spent my 21st birthday having it surgically reconnected, and it's never been the same.  Didn't go back to the job, just rode out the worker's comp and then moved back to my home town to figure out how to put myself through college and do other shit with my life.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

be glad you didn't join the Navy.   You would've HATED OnReps.  

tl;dr:  OnRep, or Onside Replenishment.  Basically, another ship brings out the goods to your ship and you have to carry the stuff to the storage areas of the ship.  Topside, inside, there is NO place that doesn't suck in that line and it usually goes on for HOURS.  That is one thing I don't miss about being in the service.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

It's that time once again, folks...

Old-era Toon-force is unstoppable; I'd put money on Popeye.

hahaha so ridiculous... I forgot there's been times where an audience member off-screen throws Popeye some spinach 🤣  This man cannot be stopped, folks.

This match was wonderfully ridiculous and I had semi escaped my mind just how busted Popeye is.  I knew he had shenanigans but the moment they revealed that he brought himself back from being deleted with Spinach I was like "...oh no"

Interesting... to me at least--- the show Legacies just lost one of the main characters; probably because she just wants to do other stuff I bet (recently cast in some movie)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/why-did-kaylee-bryant-leave-legacies-and-will-she-ever-return/ar-AARUIYo?ocid=uxbndlbing

...it's a downer that this show was so lacking compared to Vampire and The Originals.  It's inferior to those shows in just about every way.  I kept trying to give it a chance but the quality is such a downgrade it's sad....eventually, it got to the point where I was *only* tuning in to see the hot girls (the usual CW standards; but even there, TVD/Originals had a superior lineup) and because it's a spinoff in that same world.  Rebekah Mikaelson showed up recently from what I hear, and even that didn't entice me enough to watch again.  

The only time things kinda picked up and got interesting was when Josie got into some "dark magic" and went evil for a little bit...everything else was just lame....especially the vampire characters on there, and of course, THAT is an unforgivable sin as far as I'm concerned.  I bet even some of the former cast members of the older shows may have tuned in out of curiosity only to go "...what the HELL is going on here?  What is this?"  I am not sure what the ratings are like at this point but it's probably not good...(*perhaps she saw it as a sinking ship as well then...?)  each time I've checked the comment section on any vid or article concerning this show, or over at reddit, I notice there's a lot of other fans who feel the same way....that this show is nothing but a disappointment that isn't close at all to the quality of its predecessors.

of course that prompted me to look up some of my favorite scenes again... here was the final moment of season 1 TVD... when Katherine kills John Gilbert.  At the time, the audience doesn't know this is Katherine (*main character Elena Gilbert is Kat's doppelganger), so the shock value was incredible:

...and that "HOLY SHIT!" moment was how the first season ends...with Elena on the phone coming into the house about a second later, unware of what just happened... that's how ya do it, folks.

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Jake Paul is smart. He chooses named opponents that are past their prime and not strikers. 

I wonder how legitimate all these conspiracy theories are that Jake Paul "called" the KO punch so Woodley could take the fall.

But yeah, he definitely knows who he is calling out because he knows he can get a quick $$ out of them (and moreso his opponents)....except for Canelo (I dunno what drives him to think he can roll with Canelo if he wants his circus to keep going)

34 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Floyd is actually older than most of his big opponents and he broke his hand back in the day so he lost his knockout power, that's the kicker with ppl who think that tho 😂

LOL he's repeatedly broken his hand. Small dude with fragile hands. People forget he used to crack dudes when he was baby face floyd. 

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

I wonder how legitimate all these conspiracy theories are that Jake Paul "called" the KO punch so Woodley could take the fall.

But yeah, he definitely knows who he is calling out because he knows he can get a quick $$ out of them (and moreso his opponents)....except for Canelo (I dunno what drives him to think he can roll with Canelo if he wants his circus to keep going)

I don't think their legit at all. Like what are we talking about? He's beating up dudes with 0-0 boxing records. Woodley literally has never been known for his hands at all. He uses a jab so he run at you like a freight train and grapple fuck you on the ground. 

Then at the end of his mma career he got so fucking gunshy about pulling the trigger on fights he was winning because he clearly has a mental block. And unfortunately only mma fans know this so mainstream audiences are confused and think it's rigged. When it's been a problem for years 

Every conspiracy theory is from an idiot who has never trained a combat sport a day in their life. 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

They're idiots. Woodley is washed. He lost like 4 straight fights before the UFC cut him. Woodley had power but he wasn't a great striker. What people fail to realize is that MMA causes an opponent to defend multiple aspects. Woodley's opponents feared his wrestling which opened them up to his striking. In a straight boxing match, he loses his best attribute. I bet you Jake Paul wouldn't fight Anderson Silva. Silva is washed but he was so far above anyone in his prime that Paul would still get smoke by him. Silva excelled as striker though. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem