Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

She was Irish/scottish royalty (I havent seen since the theatrical release, sue me). Pretty sure she's white as the driven snow in that one...or at least she should be. 

nah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they try anyway.  Recently it's been fun to think of what upcoming things may inevitably be a race or gender swap in the name of their diversity quota, or progressiveness bonus points, whatever ya want to call it.

aha---"Angela" from Spawn... that might be another one (*even though Spawn happens to be a story where a black hero is the main character...in today's world that's probably not enough "bonus points" so some changes and updates are necessary, I suppose.)

*oh---and the upcoming black lesbian Jean Grey is in addition to the black Magneto some people apparently want to see. 😆  I should bring this up with my Dad in the next conversation, actually... should be fun to hear him laugh about it.  He also thought it was hilarious when I showed him who was playing Jimmy Olsen on Supergirl....man, not only was that a race-swap... "James Olsen" was basically a whole new character.  No one would guess that's suppose to be "Jimmy Olsen" unless someone told you about it.  Accurate casting for certain characters is gone right out the window in recent years.  

hahaha one day perhaps we get a movie featuring Alfred E. Newman... as played by Dave Chappelle.  ...then we get Malcom Jamal-Warner to play Lion-O for the new Thundercats later...

*oddly enough, the live-action Kim Possible from 2019 managed to sneak by though... they went with a girl that somewhat looks like the character.

....on another note, that cartoon had a great theme song; I actually have it in my mp3 collection.  It sounded like your average pop music at the time.

*edit---strange; I've noticed that in early episodes of Three's Company... "Janet" looks older than she does in later seasons... she had a different hairstyle in the early days that looked more like an old woman to me....she was wayyy hotter later on.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

She was Irish/scottish royalty (I havent seen since the theatrical release, sue me). Pretty sure she's white as the driven snow in that one...or at least she should be. 

You see, what you said makes perfect sense. This is exactly why Hollywood will completely ignore it and find some way to cast a black chick for the role. They'd probably pull Samantha Mumba out of the phantom zone for the role. She's half Irish IIRC.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
47 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Universal presents..

The A-TEAM

for modern sensibilities!

Starring....

Jennifer Lopez as Juanita "Hannibal" Smith

Caitlyn Jenner as Tempest "Face" Peck

Awkwafina as Howling Mad Murdock

Leslie Jones as Betty Ann Baracus

We REALLY need to figure out how to get you a screenwriting gig, you're wasting your life and talent in the medical profession my dude 😤

12 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The Fatal Fury anime is OK, although has some dumb alterations to the source material that don't make much sense.

I still own all 3 movies in the original VHS tapes LOL

I like them for what they are. Joe higashi and Mai are the only people who seem accurate in them lol

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I dunno Terry is pretty spot on lol. 

The God armor movie he felt very weird... Maybe it's the dub. But he was way too go with the flow. It made sense why everyone else was.. Because they were following Terry's lead. 

Edited by Maxx

Well, there's a strange, "out of left field" dream.... I dreamed that something about the world had drastically changed for the worse (again), and my new career path involved learning how to drive and operate a tank....which I've always assumed was quite a complicated thing.

On another note... I have a friend that is more than likely going to lose his job soon, and he seems completely unaware (or possibly doesn't care...?) of the situation.  He's missing days for a good *personal* reason though... but eventually any employer will cut ties when you simply aren't showing up for a long time (days and weeks), unless you're out on FMLA/approved sick leave.  He also happens to be a "1099" worker so he doesn't even really have those options for "approved leave" in the first place....another reason I've always figured that the 1099 jobs are just a bad deal for the worker in every possible way....unless the pay is wayyyy more than what you'd get on a regular job.

edit----sheeeittt, "Say You'll Be There" by Spice Girls was the jam back then, man... I have my "soundtrack" going at the moment right before work... 

Hottest Spice Girl?  For me that was a close call between Scary and Sporty, easily.  It's a coin-flip on those 2.

haha this is how random my general mp3 playlist is, folks----right after Spice Girls I have the menu/title screen music for Unreal Championship 2.

Edited by MillionX
26 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Nooopeeee I couldn't do it. 

That is an interesting thing... some may consider it a nitpick, I'm sure...but thinking about it now; nope---- Imagine hooking up with or possibly marrying someone that happens to have the same name as your mother... it's too much of strange thing, probably for most people.  I wonder if women may have the same opinion of hooking up with a dude that happens to have the same name as their dad if she knew dad when growing up... 

As Randy from American Idol always said "Yeah it's a no for me, dawg."

...but then imagine the problem when the name happens to be very common... like if your mother's first name is "Jessica" or "Lisa", or "Christina", etc.... now a large group of people are instantly disqualified...

I'd be ok with a woman that happens to have the feminine version of my name though.

edit---thinking about this more----if she has the same name as other women in the family, I'd be ok there as well.  As morbid as this sounds... perhaps this is because these others I'm thinking of already passed away a long time ago... (e.g.--my grandmother and her sister )

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Fatal Fury 1 and 2 OVA are coming to Bluray from Discotek.

Remastered!

Amazing how Masami Oobari is so versatile. The pioneer of that internal cockpit view that's entering another flying craft  at 34:06

directing the Fatal Fury animes to making the character designs for SNK's Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Voltage%20Fighter-XX.jpg

to making the hentai Angel Blade 😉

35 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Since you're  in Boston, and all...

...is she Irish?

Call her Paddy, instead.

It is an improvement over Maxine.

😉

Spoiler

Yes, I realize Maxx is both merely your handle, and, I presume, a pop media reference.

20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

That is an interesting thing... some may consider it a nitpick, I'm sure...but thinking about it now; nope---- Imagine hooking up with or possibly marrying someone that happens to have the same name as your mother... it's too much of strange thing, probably for most people.  I wonder if women may have the same opinion of hooking up with a dude that happens to have the same name as their dad if she knew dad when growing up... 

As Randy from American Idol always said "Yeah it's a no for me, dawg."

...but then imagine the problem when the name happens to be very common... like if your mother's first name is "Jessica" or "Lisa", or "Christina", etc.... now a large group of people are instantly disqualified...

I'd be ok with a woman that happens to have the feminine version of my name though.

edit---thinking about this more----if she has the same name as other women in the family, I'd be ok there as well.  As morbid as this sounds... perhaps this is because these others I'm thinking of already passed away a long time ago... (e.g.--my grandmother and her sister )

My moms name is unique enough that she would be the first person I thought of if I heard her name. Not risking that fucking thought process 

1 minute ago, JHDK said:

Since you're  in Boston, and all...

...is she Irish?

Call her Paddy, instead.

It is an improvement over Maxine.

😉

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I realize Maxx is both merely your handle, and, I presume, a pop media reference.

Nah she's black lmfao.

You are also correct on it being a pop reference. Its shortened from maxxoverride which I made up when I was 9? After seeing the movie hackers where the main characters handle was crashoverride

Edited by Maxx
6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Back in the day, there was this fine ass girl that worked at the Optometrists Office attached to our store. Dude we all knew was like "yall ain't talking to my sister." Long story short, she wasn't his sister. She looked a lot like her and he was hitting it. He told us that nonsense to eliminate the competition. 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Back in the day, there this fine ass girl that worked at the Optometrists Office attached to our store. Dude we all know was like yall aren't talking to my sister. Long story short, she wasn't his sister. She looked a lot like her and he was hitting it. He told us that nonsense to eliminate the competition. 👀

🤢🤢🤢

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

The God armor movie he felt very weird... Maybe it's the dub. But he was way too go with the flow. It made sense why everyone else was.. Because they were following Terry's lead. 

Maybe it's the whole "tragic lover" spin they tried to give to his character.

55 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I want to reach through the phone and slap the fucking shit outta UPS right now. They lost my wife's next day air delivery ... with a 11k check inside to pay one of our cars off. Wouldn't surprise me if the driver that runs our route took the shit for hisself. 

How would he know what's inside unless it says 11k check blatantly on the package? UPS packages go out with no content list on the package (99% of the time) and drivers don't have access to it. Only Corperate and claims and the in-store clerk who made the parcel. Your driver isn't going to steal 11k and risk his 60k a year job in the process as well as 25+ years in federal prison. 

Its probably just misplaced. That happens a lot. You should be annoyed and you should try calling 1800-742-5877 And dial 0 to get past automation and to a rep who will make a claim and find your package for you.  They deal with over 100k parcels a day. It's not even remotely unusual for something to get lost. I just dealt with an entire freight shipment going missing. An entire pallet, 7 1/2 feet tall and they lost it. Took them 2 days to find it. 

In the future I would highly advise against sending money, in any form, through UPS. It's not covered by insurance at all so if disappears and is never found you are fucked. You will not be reimbursed because UPS advises against sending monetary value through their system and they refuse to cover it if you do. Whoever did this made an extremely unwise decision and I suggest you or them research better options next time. 11k through the mail (any mail carrier) is super dumb. Don't do this in the future. 

Edited by RSG3
20 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You guys, I'm watching this show called Raised by Wolfs.  I mentioned it in the SRK Discord, too.  I'm two episodes in and it's fucking awesome so far.  Ridley Scott produced it and it's got his fingerprints all over the generally creepy feel of it.  It's a couple years old I guess, on HBO Max. 

That first episode was directed by Ridley as well.

4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

You've come a hell of a long way,  Rodimus Prime....

Left..

1986   G1 Rodimus Prime

2021   Kingdom Rodimus Prime

HDR8j8Z.jpg

yHTsicx.jpg

kxTN1Ho.jpg

It was literally the only main character Gen 1 that kid me simply could not givea pass to.

The model was basically Ironhide/Ratchet sticker-face levels of mad lazy, horribad execution, all over.

But I am the guy who HATED having to put hands on certain characters, because they had to come off for the vehicle form. Fuck having to lay shit to the side whilst you play. Guns are one thing. But that shit is integral.

Optimus Prime got a pass SOLELY because his fists could just fit inside his cab.

Edited by JHDK

wooo this should be good ---Solo is live about the latest situation where a girl got kicked out of the Fresh & Fit podcast...

https://youtu.be/masyTBnnCNU

ohhhhh it got worse than I thought... this broad actually hit Myron... physical assault caught right there live on cam.

...but of course, this is a woman so she won't face any real  legal consequences for that.  Remember, folks... they get to play the game by different rules.  "Life on Easy Mode".

haha this is SO juicy though

If she were a guy, security would've literally thrown him out FAST like Jazz from so many Fresh Prince episodes

Fresh Prince Jazz GIF by Nick At Nite

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

It was literally the only main character Gen 1 that kid me simply could not givea pass to.

The model was basically Ironhide/Ratchet sticker-face levels of mad lazy, horribad execution, all over.

But I am the guy who HATED having to put hands on certain characters, because they had to come off for the vehicle form. Fuck having to lay shit to the side whilst you play. Guns are one thing. But that shit is integral.

Optimus Prime got a pass SOLELY because his fists could just fit inside his cab.

Thank goodness most iterations of characters no longer require additional parts being removed that are a core of the character. 

It's a cool figure, but I'll wait to see if a V2 of the character ever gets done in the Masterpiece scale. 

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I was today years old when I found out I can wear 3 different shoe sizes. How is this possible? 😂

You are the chosen one.  You have the gift.  Only YOU can defeat the tyranny of the local shoe stores and online areas not having the shoes you want in your size.  

*Smug ass bitch:* "I'm "sorry".  we don't have them in YOUR size.  We only have them in this size."

*You:* "Jokes on you smug ass bitch!!  I CAN GET DOWN WITH THAT TOO!!"

*Smug ass bitch:* "..............👀!!"

*Me:*   ysCUYIJ.gif.a6d406c6607642d2a5ae102b6bab3a02.gif

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Sorry for the rough postings earlier ... we've been going round and round with Fidelity surrounding this money for the better part of the past week. What's worse is that I know the check is here, and it has been tracked to the UPS hub down the road (which also is a forward-facing location for customers). After their utter refusal to bring a member of management on the line this morning, I already have a claim put in to UPS to have the parcel found; and the number to their (Fidelity's) corporate office; presumably to navigate endless amounts of menus to attempt to get ahold of a executive. I plan on visiting tomorrow before work to inquire about the claim directly, if they don't magically find it and deliver it. 

Edited by YourFavGrandpa