Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So, apparently:

• The levels of radiation near the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plants are normal, according to both Ukrainians and Americans.
  • In a rare and surely temporary moment of sobriety Ruskies realized bombing a literal nuclear plant was, in fact, a non-optimal idea, and fighting has stopped near the plant.
  • Ukrainians are saying that "essential equipment" wasn't affected by the fire caused by the highly intelligent Russian attack on a literal nuclear plant.
  • In general it seems that the fire should not be in a dangerous part of the structure, but obviously everyone freaked out immediately (as they should), but the situation isn't fully clear yet.
  • The American Nuclear Society suggests to refrain from military actions near literal nuclear facilities, in a vain attempt at teaching Russians the value of common sense.

I'm reading this from the CNN site that has constant update on the situation.

In other news, the American Breathing Society suggests to refrain from holding your breath for an hour or more, could have negative effects on your health.

all of a sudden my youtube on windows turned into instagram cuz all the vids are in portrait mode and tab screen scrolls vertically now. hmm. i just discovered youtube shorts mode. how long this been here? ive seen vids tagged #shorts before but never seen the mode till now. 

its interesting embedding a youtube short in portrait view from the shorts mode..doesnt transfer the portrait mode to here. 

Edited by VirginDefiler
1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

all of a sudden my youtube on windows turned into instagram cuz all the vids are in portrait mode and tab screen scrolls vertically now. hmm. i just discovered youtube shorts mode. how long this been here? ive seen vids tagged #shorts before but never seen the mode till now. 

its interesting embedding a youtube short in portrait view from the shorts mode..doesnt transfer the portrait mode to here. 

I disabled youtube shorts because most of that category are thirst traps for clicks.  Clicking on a IG models video of her dancing or other dumb shit is STILL simping.

the girls on Chicago PD are so ridiculously fine... there's a latina on there from later seasons---"Vanessa Rojas"... girl is a SMOKESHOW...one of the top-rank girls on the show, imo.  My other favorite is "Kim Burgess"; I've mentioned her before.  The woman who plays "Rojas" later was on the show Legends of Tomorrow; I haven't watched that show in years.

Random unpopular opinions since that board always reminds me of that fun topic...

• Ever since early childhood, I enjoyed the smell of gasoline.. so any trip to a gas station or a bus station was etched in my mind as a pleasant thing.  
  • During Christmas time--- I have never had an interest in watching It's A Wonderful Life.  It doesn't even look slightly entertaining to me at all.  My judgement on this may be a negative bias since the overexposure immediately put the film on my bad side, when every year as a kid.. I noticed it would be on damn near every channel at some point....taking up valuable tv time.
  • A few stretchmarks are sexy.
  • "stripper heels" shoes have never been hot, imo... it just looks cheap and trashy to me....I guess *because* it's forever thought of as a thing strippers wear.

Russian Official Goes Full Culture War: West is Trying to ‘Cancel’ Us, ‘As They Now Say in Tolerant Liberal Fascist Circles’

Russian Foreign Intelligence Director Sergei Naryshkin claimed his country is a victim of cancel culture as he blasted the international condemnation Russia has received for invading Ukraine.

Elon Musk Announces Starlink Software Updates to Reduce Power Consumption so Ukrainians Can Run Terminals From Car Cigarette Lighters

Russia’s attack on Ukraine has included conventional attacks on infrastructure and cyberattacks, both of which have reduced internet access across the country. Fedorov’s tweet publicly called on Musk to activate Starlink within Ukraine, and several hours later Musk tweeted that the service was “now active” and additional terminals (the earthbound devices that connect to the satellites) were “en route.”

On 3/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, DoctaMario said:

I got to party with some Albertans once while I was playing up in Minnesota. They were fun, and they introduced me to those clamato Caesars in a can. Between that and the ketchup chips, y'all got some wild snacks up there 😂

I'm convinced we have a tomato infatuation up here. So much ketchup gets used up at family gatherings lol

On 3/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, DarkSakul said:

The Tetris company Headquarters location is in Las Vegas, Nevada according to Wikipedia.
 Henk Rogers (a Dutch entrepreneur), Alexey Pajitnov (original designer of Tetris) bought ELORG's remaining rights around 2005.

I was being facetious, but I can absolutely imagine some "well meaning" Twitter asshole saying "If you like Tetris, you support Putin."

On 3/3/2022 at 2:47 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

True, but it also punishes those who do agree with his stance. This may galvanize the people into getting him to chill on this. 

People are already against what he's doing. Sanctioning them, trying to kick them off the internet, and making it impossible for people to get and use money just punishes those who don't have anything to do with the decisions Putin and his government made on this, because the elites ALWAYS pass on the cost to the people, they themselves almost never suffer the consequences of sanctions. If the shoe were on the other foot, do you think we would deserve the same treatment, especially considering all the terrible things our government has done abroad?

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The rampant gaslighting that has been been increasing throughout the years is so goddamn annoying.  "We aren't doing anything wrong!  The west is trying to cancel us"  He says as we're literally watching him blow up a country.

It reminds of Iraq and "Baghdad Bob". Dude is spewing BS like we don't really know what's going on.

I've finished the book The Knights of Bushido which talks about the Japanese war crimes during WW2.

Who do you think was more evil during WW2, the Nazi's or the Japs? I think 8/10 people in the west would likely choose Germany because many Americans of this current gen don't know much about Japan other than Pearl Harbor. At the same time, Japan being an asian are a minority and they also have so much appeal due to their anime, technology, and video games saves them from being demonized in comparison to Germany.

However, after reading some books and learning about WW2 through the POV of other countries like South Korea, I think someone can build an argument that they where more sadistic (maybe more evil) than the Nazi's where. Its not just about who killed more.

The Japanese fucking ate the corpse of American and Filipino soldiers when they invaded the pacific. They also used babies in Nanking as target practice, hurling infants high up in the air and just trying to slice em in half with their sword or shoot em on the way down. They would impale women through the vagina after raping them, too.

Edited by zatalcon3
28 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Who do you think was more evil during WW2, the Nazi's or the Japs?

Best part about Japanese War crimes is that they vehemently deny them still. That or they'll option select that shit with "man that was a long time ago, why do you bring it up?"

But they produce way better cartoons than Germany. They really slacked it in the Make-Shows-About-Giant-Robots department. Hard ro forget war crimes whe you don't make giant robots.

28 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Best part about Japanese War crimes is that they vehemently deny them still. That or they'll option select that shit with "man that was a long time ago, why do you bring it up?"

But they produce way better cartoons than Germany. They really slacked it in the Make-Shows-About-Giant-Robots department. Hard ro forget war crimes whe you don't make giant robots.

I don't think they actually deny them. They downplay them a lot and try to pass it as "stuff we apologized and payed reparations for", and there's the constant controversy about minimizing their presence in school curricula which pisses of South Koreans and a fair share of Japanese activists, but I don't think there's open negationism, at least for the worst stuff.

Edited by Phantom_Miria
27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

They do not teach WW2 in Japan. Many Japanese people do not know what a Nazi sign is.

My friend make a big announcement about deleting ppl who don't like or comment on her posts. I privately said she craving attention

She gave a long winded explanation why it isn't attention seeking, but the fact she made the post on the first place instead of just deleting says otherwise. That shit was a thinly veiled threat to get some traffic, she's too old for that shit 😂

18 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I don't think they actually deny them.

Yes there is.  There's is (or at least was for decades) open negation of on a lot of the stuff they did to S.Korea and China. Varies between their political parties too. So you may get a "well we may have" to "nah, we didn't do shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

21 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My friend make a big announcement about deleting ppl who don't like or comment on her posts. I privately said she craving attention

I've gotten shimmied by the FB trap before when it comes to that stuff. Don't know if she's craving attention so much as her brain got fried by what bad side of social media.

The way all that stuff works is weird. I could post that I died and get no comments, post a pic of my daughter and likes are all out the ass. Its weird.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yes there is.  There's is (or at least was for decades) open negation of on a lot of the stuff they did to S.Korea and China. Varies between their political parties too. So you may get a "well we may have" to "nah, we didn't do shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

Sounds like us.

28 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

She gave a long winded explanation why it isn't attention seeking, but the fact she made the post on the first place instead of just deleting says otherwise. That shit was a thinly veiled threat to get some traffic, she's too old for that shit 😂

I deactivated all social media and don't really miss it.  It causes people (especially women) to behave in really bizarre ways to get validation.  My feed before I got rid of it was women complaining about their deadbeat baby daddies and posting thirst pics to lure in more deadbeat dudes.

Oh yeah, it feels good to be *mostly* done with facebook... I only occasionally check the messenger system, but even that seems unnecessary since I can just text those 2 old college buddies I frequently chat with about random stuff.  I use instagram just as another spot to check out ridiculously hot women; some celebs and some that are just "instagram/youtube hos".

Another cool alien-related "what if...?" I like to think about... what if our species is indeed a creation or hybrid product of certain alien species visiting this planet tens of thousands or a few hundred thousand years ago?  Perhaps the real native humanoid creatures were just the various primates, only leading up to a certain point of sophistication... then they came along and saw the potential there.  Several experiments and trials of genetic tinkering later... the new hybrid species that would later call itself "homo sapien" finally gets started on this world.  This could be born out of scientific curiosity or perhaps a way to continue their lineage on a new world.  That could also be another reason why they would keep occasionally checking back to see what their "progeny" has accomplished...and whatever is currently going on.  To me, this would be such a cool "origin story" for our species....much more interesting than regular, "natural" evolution, imo.

Lmfaooo so i did a dance performance at a college for some high school. It was some event the kids threw that had speeches, music performances and stuff. So a couple of the hs girls did some dances.. Whoever these lil girls mamas are need ro get beat up for lettin them outta rhe house in their outfits. 

One girl had her lil tight sundress that was see through and another tall ass girl had a fucking tight ass cheetah print dress. Wtf. Nigga we live in Massachusetts its cold cold. 

It always blows me away at how carried away with facebook and other shits people get.  I just look at it when I'm eating sometimes cause there some cool shit I follow that I like to read.  Science shit and such.  I have friends on there but I don't follow those motherfuckers.  I know these fuckin' people...if I wanna know how their week was I'll give'em a call and ask.  I dont see the bullshit my friends post on facebook.  Oh and I set everything to private so no one can bother me.  Its always been like that.

The Rape of Nanjing was a solid read. 

Japan did some evil shit from burying people alive to using babies as test subjects, there is a photo of them putting various forms of bacteria on children as young as 1 years old as a way to experiment shit.  It gets me curious as to how you can brainwash an army to be that evil, there should have been at least a few Jap soldiers who would think what was going on was fucked up.. but nope. The entire army that went into Nanjing and the rest of Asia raised the bar in human atrocities.  

Edited by zatalcon3
4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

I've finished the book The Knights of Bushido which talks about the Japanese war crimes during WW2.

Who do you think was more evil during WW2, the Nazi's or the Japs? I think 8/10 people in the west would likely choose Germany because many Americans of this current gen don't know much about Japan other than Pearl Harbor. At the same time, Japan being an asian are a minority and they also have so much appeal due to their anime, technology, and video games saves them from being demonized in comparison to Germany.

However, after reading some books and learning about WW2 through the POV of other countries like South Korea, I think someone can build an argument that they where more sadistic (maybe more evil) than the Nazi's where. Its not just about who killed more.

The Japanese fucking ate the corpse of American and Filipino soldiers when they invaded the pacific. They also used babies in Nanking as target practice, hurling infants high up in the air and just trying to slice em in half with their sword or shoot em on the way down. They would impale women through the vagina after raping them, too.

Reading about unit 731 will introduce you to a whole new level of evil.

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Who do you think was more evil during WW2, the Nazi's or the Japs? 

It's probably worth noting that the SS did most of the super fucked up Nazi shit and most of the German army weren't "true believers" in the same way.  Japan on the other hand did super fucked up shit to POWs that made both the Russians and Germans look pretty nice in comparison.  The majority of the Japanese POW camp survivors who came back ended up killing themselves because they couldn't cope with what they were put through. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo so i did a dance performance at a college for some high school. It was some event the kids threw that had speeches, music performances and stuff. So a couple of the hs girls did some dances.. Whoever these lil girls mamas are need ro get beat up for lettin them outta rhe house in their outfits. 

One girl had her lil tight sundress that was see through and another tall ass girl had a fucking tight ass cheetah print dress. Wtf. Nigga we live in Massachusetts its cold cold. 

If they were white, that's why. White people have an AC+10  defense bonus for temperatures 45 degrees and below.