Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So I was having really bad anxiety all day and even while at work today. Then this little girl came in and made my day way better. 

I didn’t catch her name but she was no older than 2 and she had this cute rain boots on that were black cats. While her and her dad were shopping she kept asking to hold one of the games he was going to buy. After he’d hand her a game she’d run somewhere close by and hide the game from him. It was always a dead giveaway where it was cause she’d stand right next to it giggling like crazy. 

We also have a section of posters at the front of our store and we have the a poster of the Totoro bus stop scene. She looks at it with her head tilted and asks her dad “what’s that?” while pointing at Totoro. Not wanting to confuse her he says “it’s a big cat.” She gasps and says “IT IS! IT LOOKS LIKE COOKIE!” he turns me to and says “we have a cat named cookie, so every cat she sees she thinks it’s cookie”. She then goes “THIS LOOKS LIKE A PICTURE OF ME AND COOKIE!” which made her, her dad and myself laugh pretty hard. 

Once he pays for everything and signs his receipt he’s asks her ““do you wanna sign the receipt too?” she excitedly says “YES!” and then scribbles all over parts of the receipt that had negative space. She hands it to me and excitedly says “THANK YOU!”. As they were leaving she yelled bye at me and waved 

Her being there just made all my anxiety melt away. I love kids around that age. They’re ridiculously funny and you can some amazing interactions with them. My nephew is about to be four and I can talk to him about stuff for hours. It’s great. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Yet it's always the car drivers breaking the law and trying to run me off the road. 

Funny that. 

When I moved back to Seattle back in 2010 within a week I lost count of how many times I came close to getting clipped by cars even when I had the right of way

Visa and Mastercard Suspend All Services in Russia After Zelenskyy Call With Lawmakers

Visa-and-Mastercard-GettyImages-14214891

Credit card giants Visa and Mastercard are shutting down their services and all transactions in Russia, it was announced on Saturday. The move comes only days after the companies blocked Russian banks from accessing their networks.

In a statement released on Saturday, Visa Inc. announced the company will “cease all Visa transactions” in Russia over the next few days.

“Once complete, all transactions initiated with Visa cards issued in Russia will no longer work outside the country and any Visa cards issued by financial institutions outside of Russia will no longer work within the Russian Federation,” the company wrote.

“We are compelled to act following Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and the unacceptable events that we have witnessed,” the press release quoted CEO Al Kelly. “We regret the impact this will have on our valued colleagues, and on the clients, partners, merchants and cardholders we serve in Russia. This war and the ongoing threat to peace and stability demand we respond in line with our values.”

In a separate statement released on the same day, Mastercard announced their own suspension of service.

“For more than a week, the world has watched the shocking and devastating events resulting from the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Our colleagues, our customers and our partners have been affected in ways that most of us could not imagine,” the statement reads.

“With this action, cards issued by Russian banks will no longer be supported by the Mastercard network. And, any Mastercard issued outside of the country will not work at Russian merchants or ATMs,” the company explains.

“We don’t take this decision lightly,” the company adds in the lengthy statement. “Mastercard has operated in Russia for more than 25 years. We have nearly 200 colleagues there who make this company so critical to many stakeholders. “As we take these steps, we will continue to focus on their safety and well-being, including continuing to provide pay and benefits. When it is appropriate, and if it is permissible under the law, we will use their passion and creativity to work to restore operations.”

Stunning Video Posted By Ukraine Shows Purported Russian Chopper Being Shot Down: ‘Welcome to Hell!’

🤘

Footage shows what is believed to be a Russian Mi-24 Hind helicopter flying over the landscape.

And then coming in from the right of the frame a guided missile – possibly a Stinger – comes flying in towards the chopper.

Before it can even launch countermeasure flares, the rocket strikes the helicopter and turns it into a ball of flame.

It hurtles through the air before exploding as it crashes into a field – with a town visible in the background of the footage.

The video is believed to have been taken near Kyiv.

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Visa and Mastercard Suspend All Services in Russia After Zelenskyy Call With Lawmakers

Visa-and-Mastercard-GettyImages-14214891

This is really bad, hopefully a lot of people have kept cash on hand and/or there are enough domestic alternatives that people are able to manage . @PVL_93_RUyou doing okay?

Corporations getting involved in political matters, even ones as fairly cut and dry like this, is very unsettling to me, especially coming from a country with a long history of questionable foreign policy actions.

Edited by DoctaMario

CNN, ABC, CBS, BBC, Bloomberg Cease Russian Broadcasting Arms

EA Removes Russian Teams from FIFA, NHL Video Games

Axios reports that EA Sports will remove the Russian National Team and all Russian club soccer teams from its FIFA video game series while removing all Russian and Belarusian hockey teams from its latest NHL video games. The massive game developer posted the announcements via its official Twitter accounts:

EA said in a statement: “EA Sports stands in solidarity with the Ukrainian people and like so many voices across the world of football, calls for peace and an end to the invasion of Ukraine.”

The developer further noted that the decision is “in line with our partners at FIFA and UEFA[.]” The soccer governing bodies suspended all of Russia’s national and club teams from international competition on Monday.

43 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You see that man not join the office fuck fest?

J-Ride is a coward....or smart. Either way the point is he should probably stop masturbating too.

I'm a family man so I stay away from anything that looks sketch.  Co-workers are basically the equivalent of running across a minefield.  I got a family and a mortgage, I'm not falling for that shit. 

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Trump calls for US to put Chinese flags on fighter jets and ‘bomb the s*** out of Russia’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-china-flag-russia-ukraine-b2029695.html

Not gonna lie, this made me laugh 😂

Gotta love the delusions of people who are saying if he was still Pres then Putin wouldn't have invaded.  I wanna believe that he didn't say this but this is pretty on brand for something to come out of his mouth.  This is the same man who used a sharpie to try and change the trajectory of a hurricane.

Edited by Sonichuman

Ukrainians in occupied Kherson, the only major Ukrainian city Russia managed to take over so far, are already having demonstrations against the occupying troops.

I really wonder how Putin hopes to keep the entirety of this country occupied for even the five minutes necessary to establish a puppet government if this is what's already happening in the only major city they managed to get with their phenomenal blitzkrieg.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60632587

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/06/kherson-diary-the-russians-fire-a-warning-shot-but-people-are-not-afraid

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Gotta love the delusions of people who are saying if he was still Pres then Putin wouldn't have invaded.  I wanna believe that he didn't say this but this is pretty on brand for something to come out of his mouth.  This is the same mab who used a sharpie to try and change trajectory of a hurricane.

My favorite is how people somehow blame liberals because a war is going on and our gas went up. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

My favorite is how people somehow blame liberals because a war is going on and our gas went up. Lol. 

The thing with the gas always is a weird thing cause I've seen Democrats blame Republican presidents for gas going up too and I used to do that to when I was younger and didn't know any better. 

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

The thing with the gas always is a weird thing cause I've seen Democrats blame Republican presidents for gas going up too and I used to do that to when I was younger and didn't know any better. 

it took me a long time to realize we didnt affect the prices directly. buttt its also weird because we protect those saudis and we dont ever get a fucking discount.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

I don't even remember when the prices started to skyrocket tbh. All I've heard in the past year or so was "There was another increase in gas prices." Even the news anchors sounded annoyed by how often they had to say it. 

The gas prices started going up whenever those ass holes hacked the gas during the pandemic and everyone lost their god damn minds for a week or so.  Think this was about a year ago?  Gas prices never fully went back after that cause the gas people realized people were willing to shell out the money at the higher price.

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Yeah...Russia is not going to be the same after this.  Putin is pissing off his own people so I don't even think that he has to worry about anyone trying to kill him on the outside of the country right now, he's gonna have to keep an eye open anywhere he goes in his own country going forward.  The more stuff he does like this the more he's just giving the people an excuse to revolt.