Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I noticed big trucks and SUVs where I live listing for 8k -20k under list price.  I'm not interested in anything that big since I only have two kids but it's pretty funny to watch people try to unload those big vehicles right now.  I guess not that many people are wanting to pay 130 bucks to fill up.    

Edited by J-ride
5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

@MillionX 

An old friend has returned unexpectedly...

Legacy Blitzwing has been leaked! 

Hasbro hasn't even revealed this guy yet. 

$50 

Oh yeah this needs to be mine for sure.  Blitzwing was one of my favorites of all time.  I still have that one I got a few years ago, still in the box.... if there were 2 at the store that day, I would have bought both, just to keep one purely as "display".

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

I wonder how many dudes would actually bone Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Bros. if she were real... I bet a lot would probably do it in secret but never tell anyone.  Sheeeittt, Dr. Girlfriend was pretty damn fine.

The better question is how many wouldn't. Dudes hook up with fine chicks with busted voices all the time. See @HD-Man😉

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

I wonder how many dudes would actually bone Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Bros. if she were real... I bet a lot would probably do it in secret but never tell anyone.  Sheeeittt, Dr. Girlfriend was pretty damn fine.

Dr Girlfriend was loosely based on Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, she did had a deep voice for a woman.
And the show decided to hamm that up quite a bit 

34 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I'm pretty sure that this is the first documented IRL shitpost.

This reminds me a bit about how a song in the 70s got into the Billboard 100 despite never receiving any airplay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_'n'_Steady

The group known as "D.A. and the Dukes" were only part time musicians. The song was never pressed on vinyl or released commercially. Some record plugger managed to get it placed on the list.

13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

You've come a long way, Kickback....

Left - 2016 Titans Return

Right - 2022 Legacy

51953670107_3058dfc806_b.jpg

I had the TR/Generations set and glad I sold them. I got a decent penny for them. I'm certain now you're lucky to get anything knowing that all three will be coming out within the next year.  

For real. Even when the pandemic hit, I put X amount of money aside for gas each month. It WAS looking dumb, because I don't drive around much and the cash I had set aside for gas kept piling up with only the occasional drop. I feel smart as a motherfucker now though. That old Chris Rock joke is true: I want to jack off at the pumps, because when I spend this much I'm used to cumming. Gonna be a while before the pump actually hurts me though (if ever).

Edited by axeman61

I'm happy my job is like 15 minutes away, so I don't really burn that much gas as long as I go straight home and chill after work. 

And if shit ever gets too bad, I can just opt to go back on the river, live on the boat and not have to worry about driving for weeks at a time. That's the nuclear option tho

My work is about a mile away from me. About as far as the GameStop I worked at and usually walked to back home in Seattle. The only difference is I now live on a very steep and winding hill that takes much longer to traverse and does way more damage on my leg. 

Back when I worked at Walmart (which is legit right across the street from where I work now) I had to walk home from work one night and my leg was so fucked up afterwords I could barely get out of bed for close to three days. 

im not willing to do that walk and risk that kind of injury again 

Edited by iStu X

The usual Chicago PD marathon is on... I love this show so much... and of course it helps that the girls on there are smokin hot... Season 2, episode 12 is a good one of note---right at the beginning, there's a great scene where Sophia Bush gets up out of bed since she and Halstead were just boning... they give us a great full body shot as she walks over to the kitchen... and she just has a little tshirt on and booty-shorts.  The legs are INCREDIBLE.  The top rank for me is the girl that plays Kim Burgess though....gorgeous thing...

Delicious.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'm happy my job is like 15 minutes away, so I don't really burn that much gas as long as I go straight home and chill after work. 

And if shit ever gets too bad, I can just opt to go back on the river, live on the boat and not have to worry about driving for weeks at a time. That's the nuclear option tho

You guys are lucky. I live in NYC and I have to take the 1 train to midtown, what is bad about this is that the 1 train comes from the Bronx when going down which means there is a high amount of hoodlums that make their way in. It's rather common to see some black guy scare a bunch of tourist by being a crazy bum or some douche bag fake ass wannabie tupac blasting his shit rap music with his ass showing. Fuck those kids. These kids are cutting classes and already causing a head ache with their thug life bullshit early in the morning. 

I drive to work. It's 16 miles or about 20 ish min on the freeway. I don't live closer to my job because the cost of living neat the mouse is going up, they are trying to occupy more land for future development which means less homes but the city is making more apartments. That and moving back home since the year we don't talk about to help my mother is important. 

Just living within my means has been going well money wise. 

Leaked Email: Restaurant Chain Exec’s Plan to Hire Workers for Less Because Inflation, Gas Prices Will Make Them Desperate

GettyImages-829537408-scaled-e1648174584

An executive who manages a chain of Applebees restaurants celebrated how high gas prices and inflation might burden lower wage workers in a recent leaked email.

In an internal email from a company called Apple Central LLC, executive director of operations Wayne Pankratz explained Applebee’s locations could capitalize on high prices by paying workers less.

The executive added that stimulus money is “no more,” while supplemental unemployment benefits have also dried up.

“This benefits us as prices rise, people who we relying on unemployment money, simply will have less money to spend,” he continued. “It will force people back into the work force.”

Pankratz concluded that with prices rising, the company no longer has to compete with “mom and pop companies or smaller businesses.”

Such companies “will have to either raise prices, cut employee hours, or pay employees less hourly to hit their profit margins,” he argued. “Some businesses will not be able to hold on. This is going to drive more potential employees into the hiring pool.”

He concluded,

Besides hiring employees in at a lower wage to decrease our labor (when able) make sure you have pulse on the morale of your employees. Your employees that live check to check are impacted more than the people reading this email. Be conscious of that. Many will need to work more hours or get a second job. Do things to make sure you are the employer of choice.

The Lawrence Journal-World reported employees at the Lawrence, Kansas, location saw the email earlier this week. Two managers quit on the spot, and the restaurant closed briefly.

Scott Fischer, a spokesman for Apple Central LLC, told the Journal-World the email is “embarrassing” for the company.

“I know this probably sounds crazy, but I have no idea what this gentleman was even talking about,” said Fischer. “We are still scratching our head about what this gentleman was thinking.”

A LinkedIn page which presumably belonged to Pankratz has been deleted.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-24-at-8.37.40-PM-204

Fischer said Pankratz is still employed by the company, which operates 47 Applebee’s restaurants in the midwest.

Edited by AriesWarlock
39 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Leaked Email: Restaurant Chain Exec’s Plan to Hire Workers for Less Because Inflation, Gas Prices Will Make Them Desperate

*SNIP*

The executive added that stimulus money is “no more,” while supplemental unemployment benefits have also dried up.

“This benefits us as prices rise, people who we relying on unemployment money, simply will have less money to spend,” he continued. “It will force people back into the work force.”

Pankratz concluded that with prices rising, the company no longer has to compete with “mom and pop companies or smaller businesses.”

Such companies “will have to either raise prices, cut employee hours, or pay employees less hourly to hit their profit margins,” he argued. “Some businesses will not be able to hold on. This is going to drive more potential employees into the hiring pool.”

I am going to go ahead and guess this executive is a Boomer.  This is actually NOT going to be good for your company.  If people can't afford to drive to work they just aren't going to come.  It's like this guy hasn't paid attention to the labor pool for the last two years.  Most companies are having to pay extra to get people to work shit jobs, people aren't doing those jobs for low pay anymore.  

11 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm glad almost everything is in a 5 mile radius of  me. 

I never understood the murrican way of living 25 + miles from your workplace.

I moved in late 2020. Went from 6.5 miles to work to almost 40. It's worth it to get away from the crime and dense population. Nicer areas closer to work were extremely expensive with sky high property taxes and chock full of smug asswipes- the kind with 4 signs in their yard telling you what a good person they are while they were petrified to go to across the tracks and be around the people they pretend to champion. Fortunately I've always been the type to value fuel economy, so my car gets about 38mpg on average.