Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Ok, Doctor Sleep was alright; I haven't looked up any other opinions on it but it was interesting/good enough to keep me watching....and odd thing though; it seemed like this movie was too long...*but* it needed to be that way due to all the stuff that was going on.

The woman that is the main villain in there is pretty damn cute, btw... nice accent too:

These people in the film though...

Spoiler

They're interesting but ultimately a bit disappointing in terms of vampiric creatures (though they are never explicitly called that, at least in the movie).  They don't seem to gain any powers from this other than apparent immortality based on continued soul "vapor"-feeding.  The blondie 15-year old one already had some psychic ability before they got her into the group.  Rebecca's character "Rose" also has some mental powers though, and it was cool seeing her apparently astral project trying to find the main girl character....ah, and I just remembered she was able to heal a wound to her hand by taking in a LOT of the soul/vapor at once, and it healed completely in seconds, so that was cool.

I also didn't like how easily they got killed.  I'd prefer if the characters had some difficulty in killing them, since these people are supernatural beings.  Some of them went out  like chumps, leaving me thinking---that's it?  One shot is all it takes for these people to be laid out on the ground dying?!  One of them got launched from a vehicle in a crash and just like that he was done too... like a normal human.  The characters in my favorite vampire/supernatural shows would laugh that off like it's a minor inconvenience...even rookie "baby" vamps like Caroline and Elena in TVD/Originals would shrug that off.

saw ridley scott's movie house of gucci.

yunno i thought ridley was done. cuz his latest movies were sorta wack tbh. but gucci movie was dope tho. like really good. so add gucci to his best work.

that said, i'd thought id never say this but.

lady gaga looks good tho. 

her titties were poppin like no tomorrow. dat ass was. maybe cuz she was brunette and talkin with a italian accent. and i forgot who she was. but i was attracted to her while watching and it was disturbing me alot. cuz i HATE lada gaga. never once did i ever. ever. ever imagine i would find myself attracted to her weird ass.

but damn. i take that back. her tits n ass were out on full display n she looked pretty good. 

i need to take a step back now cuz im sorta reeling rn from the mindfuckery of actually liking this cunt (that reps everything i hate about modern 21st century pc culture.) whcih i never thought i would. lol

43 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Ok, Doctor Sleep was alright; I haven't looked up any other opinions on it but it was interesting/good enough to keep me watching....and odd thing though; it seemed like this movie was too long...*but* it needed to be that way due to all the stuff that was going on.

The woman that is the main villain in there is pretty damn cute, btw... nice accent too:

Reveal hidden contents

They're interesting but ultimately a bit disappointing in terms of vampiric creatures (though they are never explicitly called that, at least in the movie).  They don't seem to gain any powers from this other than apparent immortality based on continued soul "vapor"-feeding.  The blondie 15-year old one already had some psychic ability before they got her into the group.  Rebecca's character "Rose" also has some mental powers though, and it was cool seeing her apparently astral project trying to find the main girl character....ah, and I just remembered she was able to heal a wound to her hand by taking in a LOT of the soul/vapor at once, and it healed completely in seconds, so that was cool.

I also didn't like how easily they got killed.  I'd prefer if the characters had some difficulty in killing them, since these people are supernatural beings.  Some of them went out  like chumps, leaving me thinking---that's it?  One shot is all it takes for these people to be laid out on the ground dying?!  One of them got launched from a vehicle in a crash and just like that he was done too... like a normal human.  The characters in my favorite vampire/supernatural shows would laugh that off like it's a minor inconvenience...even rookie "baby" vamps like Caroline and Elena in TVD/Originals would shrug that off.

Million,

We've been enjoying her since 2015.

She plays a character named Ilsa Faust in Mission Impossible 5 (2015) and 6(2018).

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

Hide contents

She looks like Joker’s (Better Bachelor) twin sister smh.

8 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

saw ridley scott's movie house of gucci.

yunno i thought ridley was done. cuz his latest movies were sorta wack tbh. but gucci movie was dope tho. like really good. so add gucci to his best work.

Lady Gaga rant aside, but I really didn't like House of Gucci. I dunno if Ridley Scott was Oscar baiting with this one, but it completely misfired. Jared Leto's overacting in this movie is quite pathetic. I'm starting to think his Academy Award was kind of a fluke.

regarding movies about sports. is baseball the sport with the best movies made about a sport? i feel it is cuz, major league, field of dreams, and the natural come to mind. but when i think about football and basketball. meh. i cant think of much movies good enough about em.  hell, even horse racing has better movies. like for example sea biscuit and the black stallion are great.  boxng too with rocky and raging bull. but other sports. not so much

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

regarding movies about sports. is baseball the sport with the best movies made about a sport? i feel it is cuz, major league, field of dreams, and the natural come to mind. but when i think about football and basketball. meh. i cant think of much movies good enough about em.  hell, even horse racing has better movies. like for example sea biscuit and the black stallion are great.  boxng too with rocky and raging bull. but other sports. not so much

Not a SpaceJam fan huh? Lol

Course I joke and then sit here for 5 minutes trying to think of good serious Basketball movies. 

Hard for me cuz I don't really care about Basketball. 

Edited by RSG3

This would be another thing I'd use a time-travel device to go check out... the morning of April 14, 1561, where something interesting was going on in the sky ---- alien craft or perhaps just natural celestial phenomena?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1561_celestial_phenomenon_over_Nuremberg#:~:text=1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg The celestial phenomenon,Free Imperial City of the Holy Roman Empire).

Movies that come into my mind when I think of Basketball are Love & Basketball, Coach Carter, White Men Can’t Jump, and of course Space Jam. 

For football it’s The Blind Side, Remember the Titans, The Longest Yard, and the one based on Brian Banks. 

Don’t know if anything are seen as good as the baseball ones you mentioned, but I have seen them pop up a few times.

The Blind Side and Remember the Titans are good football movies off the top of my head

Damn, Halle is gonna catch shit for things that have fuck all to do with her performance:

I'm not saying she is bad in this. But after watching 5 seconds of the trailer it made me realize that this movie was headed into hard visual effect situation like the "live action" Lion King. I'm not sure that live action Lion King needed to happen and now I'm not sure that this necessarily needed to either.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Damn, Halle is gonna catch shit for things that have fuck all to do with her performance:

I'm not saying she is bad in this. But after watching 5 seconds of the trailer it made me realize that this movie was headed into hard visual effect situation like the "live action" Lion King. I'm not sure that live action Lion King needed to happen and now I'm not sure that this necessarily needed to either.

Lion King was all CG though (and they apparently announced Mufasa which...I'll only be interested in if they learned from the mistakes of Lion King.  Characters need to be more expressive.  Needs to be some compromise between the original 2D and the realistic 3D cause while realistic Lion King is not bad...it definitely was lacking in some of the charm and heart from the 2D) so I'm pretty confident that Little Mermaid will probably be closer to Beauty and the Beast (personally think this is was the best done realistic remake out of everything I've seen them put out).  Halle's got the voice and I'm hoping that in combination with her performance will quell some of the dumb outrage.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Halle's got the voice and I'm hoping that in combination with her performance will quell some of the dumb outrage.

I'll be upfront about wanting Ariel to look like cartoon Ariel. But you know, when you're from outside the US, what you get is what you get without necessarily understanding  a lot of the internal turmoil going in here. So we have an attachment to what was shipped over in the manner it was.

Once I listened to some Chloe X Halle music, I def had a turn around about her casting. Watching the preview...think a rando facebook comment was right in that they needed to make her hair a brighter. 

There's a certain issue some of these live action remakes have in that they're stuck between how to translate things into a real world territory. Trying to balance making things look "realistic" or go into a direction that's too cartoony.  First thing they had to problem solve was Ariel's hair. In the original movie, just the way they drew the hair is kind of amazing. There's a lot of flow and movement to it. That didn't show off as well. Movie Ariel also doesn't have her bang. This isn't Halle's fault at all. But its going to get blamed on her being black even though there were many hours of pre-production that went into that decision.

When you look at this scene, the only real way you have to tell that she's underwater are the lightning in the background a few bubbles and honestly the way her hair flows. Ariel's hair is doing a lot of the work to make you get the feeling of being underwater. Obviously Jodi Benson killed it with the singing too. We'll see how it goes with the whole arrangement for the new movie too. They already did some stuff that I'm not sure I like.  Hopefully it doesn't go into weird Cats territory where they moved some arrangements in places that weren't complimentary to the singer. Andrew Lloyd Weber is obviously GOATed but the movie version of Memory wasn't great. Here I'm hoping that Alan Menken doesn't fal lint othe same trap that Andrew Lloyd Weber did in trying to make the arrangement fit the vocal styling of the singer.

Still gonna take my daughter to watch it in theaters though.

😤

I'm wondering if Disney will ever be known for high quality animation anymore... I'm guessing it's a "nope."  They'll just keep taking animated stuff from the past and making "live action" reboots for the next several years I guess... that appears to be the plan.  It's a shame that none of these companies apparently want anything to do with traditional animation anymore, like they'd prefer it died out completely.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Disney will ever be known for high quality animation anymore.

every company in the 3D animation field is always trying to play catch-up with Disney Pixar. I know 3D animation isn’t “traditional” animation but it’s still animation. When Disney Pixar was working on Brave they had to create three new animation engines just for Merida’s hair. 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I'm wondering if Disney will ever be known for high quality animation anymore... I'm guessing it's a "nope."  They'll just keep taking animated stuff from the past and making "live action" reboots for the next several years I guess... that appears to be the plan.  It's a shame that none of these companies apparently want anything to do with traditional animation anymore, like they'd prefer it died out completely.

Toy Story was a blessing and a curse.

I thought it would be an occasional romp ,not the dominant form of animation for the next 27 years.

I wish there was some way animators could somehow use a process similar to how ArcSys makes 2d fighting games from 3d models.

It may not be as good as classic stuff ,but I'm just tired of cg films only 

Anime films have special screenings and once in a blue moon WB/DC will show their dtv animated films but it's strange the Disney is at the rear of the pack in terms of traditional animated fare.

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Toy Story was a blessing and a curse.

I thought it would be an occasional romp ,not the dominant form of animation for the next 27 years.

I wish there was some way animators could somehow use a process similar to how ArcSys makes 2d fighting games from 3d models.

It may not be as good as classic stuff ,but I'm just tired of cg films only 

Anime films have special screenings and once in a blue moon WB/DC will show their dtv animated films but it's strange the Disney is at the rear of the pack in terms of traditional animated fare.

At least we’re almost out of the era of every televised cartoon being made in Flash. 

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

"Let's take the greatest classics of Disney animation and translate them in a medium that deliberately tries to kill all the quirks and uniqueness of animation" was the most retarded idea ever conceived by mankind since that time in the 1910s and 1920s when it was popular to add random radioactive elements to shit like drinks and jewelry because it was cool and new.

Live action translations of iconic cartoons is pretty silly.  What's the point anyway if they are 99.99% CGI like Jungle Book or Lion King?

18 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I'm wondering if Disney will ever be known for high quality animation anymore... I'm guessing it's a "nope.

LMAO Nah million, you're gonna pump the breaks on that cold ass take. The animation on Disney movies, hell even their TV shows, is still amazing.  Are they doing 2D animation anymore? Unfortunately not. Doesn't stop the fact that their 3D efforts are of incredible high quality. For example:

Just on the faces alone, Disney animation is still shitting on the whole planet. The way characters have conversations are animated the entire way through. Disney characters always have some type of body language that acknowledges what they're hearing in conversation. Similarly what they are saying also comes in with a lot of detail to show off the personality of the character and enhance the emotion of what's being said.  You can watch the first 20 seconds of this video to see how far ahead they are in that area alone. That's before you start looking at all the small details in the way they dance, how they carry their weight, the way the dresses/lose clothing moves etc.

I've been watching a lot of anime with my best friend. My homie is a huge weeb and I do it just to hang out with him. The animation in a lot of anime is so fucking bad. The art styles and designs are cool. But if you spend a bunch of time looking at Disney movies (like I've had to because I have a daughter), you quickly realize how many places Japanese studios cut detail to save money. That shit shows. Characters will have entire conversations where the facial expressions change in very blunt ways. There's a lot of times where you just have the one panel of the face while the mouth moves around independent of the rest of the head.

Yeah, all of y'all can miss me trying to hate on Disney animation. It isn't 2D anymore but it hasn't stopped it all from being S tier quality.

The first 56 seconds of We Don't Talk about Bruno are just so freaking good. Disney is ridiculous with it.

My beef with race swapped characters. Is that it's the laziest form of inclusion and diversity. Make a new IP with a new character that is black, Asian, Latino etc. With a story and challenges unique to his or her race and or culture? 

Ain't nobody got time fo dat! Just take a popular well known brand. And put a black person on the front and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

They are still known for high quality animation ots just not hand drawn anymore, their computer work os top of the game tho.