Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

Potentially slowly suffocatting at the bottom of the ocean in pitch blackness with no contact with the surface is a hell of a way to go. 

It looks like they probably imploded a few days ago (I hope) which means death was instantaneous. They probably didn't feel a thing or experience the iron coffin scenario you just described.

Also:

It seems like that would be an instant red flag to go back if while in the sub they lose communications with those on the surface....though apparently it happened in a test run earlier...?  Surely that's quite a problem right away if you lose contact with the crew on the topside?!

This guy goes into the details of it and the various things that were a bad sign here; already at a million views on this vid:

Edited by MillionX

People wouldn't be cracking jokes if they didn't spend a million dollars to go look at a bunch of poor dead people like they are a tourist attraction. People would have empathy if they used their money altrustically in this country but they don't. Mark Cubans the only one I can think of who at least tries to pay it forward, so people are making jokes because they have no empathy for people who have made it very clear they have no empathy for anyone else. 

Why should anyone feel sad for a class of people that routinely steps on everyone? 

Sure I want em to survive but I don't feel particularly bad for then either. They wasted their money on something supremely stupid, trusting a guy who didn't know wtf he was doing and was told so many many many times. Poor people get clowned for shit they barely have control over, these people paid a million dollars to volunteer. 

500 refugees drowned just outside of Greece and it's barely been covered. But think of the 5 rich people who went miles under the ocean on a lark!

Edited by RSG3
14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

People wouldn't be cracking jokes if they didn't spend a million dollars to go look at a bunch of poor dead people like they are a tourist attraction. People would have empathy if they used their money altrustically in this country but they don't. Mark Cubans the only one I can think of who at least tries to pay it forward, so people are making jokes because they have no empathy for people who have made it very clear they have no empathy for anyone else. 

Why should anyone feel sad for a class of people that routinely steps on everyone? 

Sure I want em to survive but I don't feel particularly bad for then either. They wasted their money on something supremely stupid, trusting a guy who didn't know wtf he was doing and was told so many many many times. Poor people get clowned for shit they barely have control over, these people paid a million dollars to volunteer. 

500 refugees drowned just outside of Greece and it's barely been covered. But think of the 5 rich people who went miles under the ocean on a lark!

It's not the money, it's the stupidity. It IS the money that's making this a trending topic, I'll admit. But if broke or middle class people got in over their heads doing this same shit somehow, they would get jokes too.

But man. I'll never get having so much money and risking your life doing something so stupid.

This whole thing is extremely sad. But they just spent a ton of resources to search for five rich guys who were warned not to go while millions of people are starving or going missing from trafficking and street violence etc. So it's hard to get too upset about it.

Besides, look at the bright side. We got some fire memes out of the whole ordeal.

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

This whole thing is extremely sad. But they just spent a ton of resources to search for five rich guys who were warned not to go while millions of people are starving or going missing from trafficking and street violence etc. So it's hard to get too upset about it.

Besides, look at the bright side. We got some fire memes out of the whole ordeal.

They need to pay for the cost of the search. This wasn't some research mission or just a ship travelling across the ocean. It was a dangerous pleasure trip. 

15 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Sucks what happened to those people that died. I didn't wish them to be dead but there were soany red flags here. It is what it is. 

The bigger question is will James Cameron secure the rights to make their tragedy into a movie? 

You joke, but you know Netflix and Hulu are having duel at noon in the street for the documentary rights. The banging they heard in the sea was probably Netflix clapping.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

i woke up this morning to find out mark zuckerberg wants to cage match elon musk in some mma bout?!?!

sigh. why cant billionaires just stay home and count their money. like in the good ole days.

Slight correction, but Elon challenged Mark.

I'm not interested unless they are participating in the ancient tradition of MOTAL KOMBAT!