Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

@axeman61The new season is good. There are 2 great episodes there (Joan and Loch Henry) in there. The rest are good, but some of them veer into the supernatural a bit. All of them were very entertaining.

I'll have to target those two then.

I watched Across The Sea, which was OK with some problems, and Mazey Day, which was awful. Like, literally, 10 minutes ago, I said "I'm done with this fucking season" until I saw your post. WTF WAS THAT!?

I HAVE WORKING KEYS NOW!

That's one thing off the list, so any object that needs a key item can basically reuse parts of my door script to look for the item_id number in the players inventory and match it to it's own object_id. I'm actually quite pleased with myself that I thought ahead and have assigned items with ID numbers, plus the more modular approach of using Godot's Resource scripts I'm able to make new items in seconds. 

I thought it was gonna take me a lot longer to figure out but it didn't and now I kinda don't know what to work on next... 

In short conclusion if not interested in watching this in full, if you are lgbtq+, given the historic minority statisticial disadvantages in contrast to the fundamental economic traditionalist establishment, you get a disability check. 

I've called it for years now from what the elites always thought about us from the very beginning.

It's almost funny, especially if you back track the gradual cancellation of the community itself. It was meant to happen. The milking of unauthentic inclusion met it's course by those goofy ass corporations. My goodness..

Edited by Emptyeyes_
8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

One Piece's wonky artstyle and weirdly proportioned characters doesn't lend well to live action. That said, those casting choices were alot better than I expected, I'll give it a few episodes before I shit on it

Like in terms of translation/adaptation to real life...it's really not bad.  Zoro actually looks really good imo.   Utlimately though the costume, sets...all of that is not gonna matter.   

11 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Fy6smZKX0AEsQtS?format=jpg&name=small

for Jion....

Fy6stjNXoAIDq-K?format=jpg&name=small

Is Flash not doing so hot in the theaters right now?  I've mostly heard good things about the movie band almost thought about going when they showed Michael Keaton's Batman but all the stuff that Ezra has done has annoyed me enough to the point that it's soured my interest.

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Is Flash not doing so hot in the theaters right now?  I've mostly heard good things about the movie band almost thought about going when they showed Michael Keaton's Batman but all the stuff that Ezra has done has annoyed me enough to the point that it's soured my interest.

It had a 60M opening weekend. I doubt that's a good start after WB having put so much into getting this film out despite Ezra's BS.

Edited by axeman61
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The budget is said to be 220 M officially but is more like 330 M due to marketing/reshoots.

It would probably need to make around $800 M worldwide to be considered profitable.

With this crowded release ,all these summer films are auto digesting their box office like pancreatic enzymes.

Spider verse 2 budget is only $100 M and it made that back the first weekend in the US alone. All these other films are in a tough boat.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

When it was being shown around at festivals and such the movie wasnt even finished. There has been a countless number of reshoots which include three different endings ythat weren't used, budget issues and you know, Ezra just being a horrible person in general. 

People also likely just aren't that interested. Most of the flash mythos is incredibly boring. 

https://www.dailyfetched.com/feds-quietly-drop-charges-against-democrat-donor-sbf-in-multi-billion-dollar-ftx-scam/

Feds Quietly Drop Charges against Democrat Donor SBF in Multi-Billion Dollar FTX Scam

Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF), the disgraced founder of collapsed FTX Crypto exchange and the second biggest Democrat donor in the 2022 midterms, had several charges against him dropped by the feds.

Crypto giant FTX went bankrupt last year, losing billions and wrecking the lives of thousands of crypto investors.

In January, Sam Bankman-Fried pleaded not guilty to all eight counts related to the sudden collapse of his crypto Ponzi scheme.

On Tuesday, SBF pleaded not guilty in New York to eight charges related to the collapse of his former crypto exchange FTX and hedge fund Alameda Research.

SBF was indicted on eight counts, including the following charges:

• Conspiracy to commit wire fraud and securities fraud
  • Individual charges of securities fraud and wire fraud
  • Money laundering
  • Conspiracy to avoid campaign finance regulations

The FTX attorney testified that the FTX co-founder used a secret backdoor to launder money to Alameda Research, a sister company.

SBF’s ex-girlfriend, Caroline Ellis, admitted she and Sam Bankman-Fried conspired to mislead FTX investors and customers.

However, federal prosecutors announced on Thursday they would drop several charges against SBF.

ABC reported:

The offer to sever five of the 13 charges followed a ruling earlier this week in the Bahamas that allows Bankman-Fried to challenge the additional charges.

A prosecutor said during a hearing Thursday it was uncertain when the Bahamas would decide whether to consent to the new charges, which included bank fraud and an allegation Bankman-Fried bribed the Chinese.

“Severing those counts seems to be appropriate given the developments in the Bahamas this week,” the prosecutor, Nathan Rehn, said.

As Tekedia noted:

“The prosecutors did not provide any explanation for the sudden withdrawal of the charges, which were filed in September 2022.

The charges had accused Bankman-Fried and his associates of operating an unregistered securities exchange, facilitating illegal transactions, and failing to comply with KYC and AML requirements.”

Conservative commentator Ian Miles Cheong had this prediction for SBF:

“SBF is going to walk. Just watch.”

37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

My daughter said fuck while we were driving home today 😱

She's three.

Yup... My son decided he was going to try saying shit a couple times and it had this gulity look on his face when I first heard him say it and I asked him to repeat what he said.  Didn't punish him or anything for it but I had to make sure he knew that the word was off limits.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

It did worse than Black Adam apparently

Saw The Flash. Theater had like 10 people in it at 11:00 at night. Is a long movie. If you seperate the actor from the character then it's not a bad movie. Better than Black Adam. Better than the latest Shazam. The previews had another Blue Beetle trailer. Blue Beetle looks like it's gonna shine this summer!

Spoilers below:

Spoiler

Characters in the movie with speaking dialogue:

Wonder Woman

Keaton's Batman

Aflack's Batman

Clooney's Batman

Post credit scene:

Mamoa's Aquaman

Looks like the main villain is basically the CW show's Savitar

So...I actually sent and saw The Little Mermaid yesterday with my wife and her Aunts and despite not being the greatest fan of the original movie, they actually did a really good job with the adaptation.  I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  It's not perfect by any means but I think it's probably the 2nd best life action adaptation that they've done thus far that I have seen (Beauty and the Beast is my first and I have to include "That I've seen" because I still haven't seen The Jungle Book yet).  The movie pretty much hits all of the beats the original does, all of the original song are intact unlike Lion King and the new songs are ok.   They actually try to flesh out King Triton's hatred of humans a bit more to make it better to get where he's coming from and a lot of the casting is on point.  Standouts were Halle Bailey, Javier Bardem, and Melissa McCarthy.  These 3 absolutely killed their roles imo especially Melissa.  Melissa went 110% into Ursula and you can hear hear why Halley Bailey got the part when see sings.  The person playing Sebastian was good and Awkwafina was fine even though I know people tend to hate her and hate her voice.  She can definitely be grating but considering she's playing Scuttle and she was being about on par with Scuttle from the original she did an ok job (not gonna talk about the new music number that her and Sebastian have cause YMMV definitely applies here)

I only had a few nitpicks/criticisms regarding the movie. Flounder and Sebastian didn't look nearly as weird as I was expecting but with the transition to 3D came the same issues that Lion King had in terms of the loss of expressiveness for the characters.  It's less of a problem for Sebastian since they were able to use body language better with him to get some things across better but it wasn't happening for Flounder.  "Under the Sea" visually was a let down in comparison to the animated version.  You hear Sebastian talking about the different instruments that they're using to make the music aaaaand they're not really doing any of that.  He's not banging on any drums and there are no makeshift ocean trumpets being played on during the song.  My guess is they figured doing something like that would have made it too cartoony and they tried to do something else visually which unfortunately reminds me of "Can't Wait to be King" from the live action Lion King and the decisions they made for that since they wanted to be more "realistic". 

I could hear people in the theater getting excited for certain parts as they were coming up and it sounds like it landed with them too since at the end of the movie several of them clapped. 

Absolute insanity.

Transgender women are a subcategory of men. How about spending your resources on protecting them in male spaces and re-educating men on how to treat minorities instead of forcing men onto women without their consent.

The requirements of being considered “trans” have also become so loose. Any guy can become “trans” overnight that it means nothing anymore. 

How do they intend to regulate and apply these type of hate speech laws? It’s a slippery slope. 

Censorship is the first step towards totalitarianism.