Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

sheeeittt, I was on Diablo 4 all day yesterday.... so now my secondary necro (the blood/Overpower one) is closing in on level 70 and in world tier 4...not far off my level 74 one.  The blood-build is a bit more interesting and fun to play. (overpower damage bonus is something silly like 1,140-ish %)

At least 1 extra spot for abilities would be nice... I'd like to use one of the Ultimate skills (blood wave or bonestorm), but there's just not really any room for it on my blood build; I don't want to give up that ultimate safety and utility of the blood mist ability, and though most would advise dropping the basic attack....that doesn't seem like the best idea either, as it raises the problem of how to get Essence if everything in the room didn't die fast enough.  Basic attack has that utility of giving decent essence back + fortify and a good chance of creating corpses on the ground to start the explosions again.  Of course the corpse tendrils and explosion abilities are a definite lock; it would be out of the question to get rid of either of those.  Tendrils is one of Necro's most useful skills, imo... it disrupts enemies (*also funny to see enemies get "snatched up" by that) and puts them in a slow/stunned status, setting them up perfectly for whatever you want as a follow-up....and it has a very low amount of downtime so it's a power that is almost always ready to go. 

eh, next time I play I will go ahead and try swapping out the basic skill for the ultimate... probably Blood Wave since I went all in on the blood powers and overpower.  There is an aspect that gives blood wave 2 extra waves, and another that makes it also count as darkness and leave "desecrated" area behind that continues to damage enemies with shadow damage over time.

Pure Onyx is a classic beat ‘em up with RPG elements set in the world of our flagship title, Malise and the Machine. It follows heroine Onyx as she brawls her way through the dystopian streets of New Babylon, where she’ll encounter gangs, crime syndicates, a corrupt police force, and the bio-engineered horrors of the insidious Babel Corporation. It features fully animated, 3D art and is styled after 80s cyberpunk anime. Pure Onyx contains in-game, fully animated H content. Pure Onyx is currently in development for Windows PC, with an eye on Mac and Linux closer to retail release.

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yeah this was something he mentioned in the interview I put up earlier.  There's still that rumor about F-Zero GX port/remaster happening but still nothing to really hold on to with that at the moment.  If it does happen to be real, it might be the last time in awhile that F-Zero fans can stand up and make a big for the franchises future and they all need to be there day one.

From how I see it, F Zero differs for me as a more speed/skill focused game VS Merio Kart. Yes I know there's tricks in MK that make it more skill based but to the average person they won't know that staring at the powerups and silliness. 

My suggestion for F Zero is to lean into customizable vehicles even more than GX did. Do a more in depth Story mode or Gran Prix  using your vehicle. That could separate it from MK. 

It's no news to any of us here, I'm sure but he seems to be finding this out just now about MK's cheap shit (ha, or it's just another easy reaction vid to make; more likely that's the case):

That vid doesn't seem to go into the other questionable things we've seen from certain games over the years... like how the cpu opponents might magically gain the ability to slide over to you (characters who are not SubZero, btw) if you do projectiles repeatedly....or how cpu characters can decide they have superior throw/grab range that takes priority over everything, or when M. Bison and other charge-move characters can do the charge moves over and over whenever they want, out of nowhere since they aren't bound to play by the same "rules" a human player is.

This is also the reason it has been such a dilemma as to whether to get a MK arcade machine or not....because that whole franchise was only truly fun when you're playing against other people...because the cpu is guaranteed to cheat as much as possible every time.

Edited by MillionX

Someone got the source code for MKII arcade. They call the CPU controlled characters or AI controlled characters drones. In one of the codes it shows a priority number for when the drone has throw priority against human controlled characters depending on how many characters have been beaten. Also, noticed that in MKII not every character has the same throw priority. Baraka has throw priority over everyone else. When the game is set on medium difficulty you can throw with Baraka all the way to the 4th character and sometimes throw the 5th character on the ladder. On hardest difficulty you can only sometimes throw the 1st character on the ladder and nobody else.

EDIT:

timestamped below:

Some source code limiting certain moves against drones. Certain characters get the "zap the backflipper" treatment:

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Anyone have any recommendations for more recent games that are on switch they'd recommend?  I'm looking for indie style metroidvania or similar to that style, possibly rogue like or souls type, mainly to play while on a flight.  I still haven't beaten Zelda but I can only play that game for like 2-3 hours and would prefer to have some variety.  I'm pretty bored with Zelda and doubt I'll even beat it.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone have any recommendations for more recent games that are on switch they'd recommend?  I'm looking for indie style metroidvania or similar to that style, possibly rogue like or souls type, mainly to play while on a flight.  I still haven't beaten Zelda but I can only play that game for like 2-3 hours and would prefer to have some variety.  I'm pretty bored with Zelda and doubt I'll even beat it.

Have you played hyper light drifter?

14 minutes ago, purbeast said:

A friend of mine recently got 9 years of shadow and he's been enjoying it. The videos I've seen of it look good.

10 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Have you played hyper light drifter?

Nope I will check it out, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A friend of mine recently got 9 years of shadow and he's been enjoying it. The videos I've seen of it look good.

I'll check this out as well thanks.

I have zero interest in Diablo Immortal, but the Blood Knight character class looks cool, and I wish they would eventually add this to D4 (**and D3 but I know there's probably no chance in hell for that since it's "the old game" now)...but check this out... another character that fulfills that "basically a vampire" power fantasy...

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

Pssst, hey, Nintendo. I know Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is printing money but you can have more than one racing game. I mean, you used to do that. Mario Kart and F-ZERO are different enough that they can coexist.

Oooooor they could release more Mario Kart content lol.