Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I agree with Stu when it comes to the gameplay. There needs to be more final fantasy in this final fantasy. I want to fuck shit up as a black mage but Clive ain't about that life. If this is the direction the mainline series is going to go on a job system is a must. Or at least make the other characters in the party playable.

I personally love active lore time. They are quick reads and offer lots of info the main plot doesn't have time for. Like how Jill's first entry clarifies the nature of her relationship with Clive (a refugee princess from a northern territory. Clive loves her like a sister) .

I don't feel like the game is corridor fantasy. The game in level design feels like FFX and made each explorable area as big as the calm lands.

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's likely a dig at the people who are upset about future AAA games like the Alan Wake sequel being digital only. He might have missed the "shipped" part of that tweet since physical sales are being included in that number.

Reading through the responses this is likely refering to some discourse on resetera regarding the difference of physical sales and digital. 

Little Kuriboh also made a twitter thread mentioning how he's alsio lost jobs because he's Little Kuriboh

It's just a really weird thing when it comes to voice acting that if you're a youtuber first and then you try to do voice acting gigs that they just throw you out because you're a "youtuber" and not on quality of your voice work fan done or not.

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Microsoft CEO says he wants to end exclusives but blames Sony

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/28/23777585/microsoft-ceo-satya-nadella-console-exclusives-sony-xbox-competition

I bet you guys do want to end exclusives.  Sony is not to blame on this here it's part of competition in ANY space really.  If you're trying to compete in a space you have to provide something to entice people to what it is that you do or your platform period.  I know there are definitely some people out there that don't like exclusives at all in a general sense but it's a necessary evil.  If every fast food restaurant cooked their food the exact same way and had the exact same menu there would be no reason to go to any one specific restaurant and things would get boring pretty quickly.

Lol what exclusives does Microsoft even have that people are checking for anymore? I don't want to necessarily see them get out of the console market even if just because it's good to have more options, but claiming to want to end exclusives when you don't have many/any that are selling consoles is lulz.

It's also funny to see the company who figured out that you could make more selling software than hardware trying so hard to sell more hardware.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's likely a dig at the people who are upset about future AAA games like the Alan Wake sequel being digital only. He might have missed the "shipped" part of that tweet since physical sales are being included in that number.

It's hilarious to me that companies still brag about "shipping" a number a copies in a largely digital era, when anybody with enough money to print up 8 million copies of something and pay UPS to send them somewhere could make the same claim. It wasn't even impressive in the 90s when labels did it. Like, sure, you shipped 8 million copies of something, but how many of those are going to wind up back in some storage facility when they don't get sold?

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Lol what exclusives does Microsoft even have that people are checking for anymore? I don't want to necessarily see them get out of the console market even if just because it's good to have more options, but claiming to want to end exclusives when you don't have many/any that are selling consoles is lulz.

It's also funny to see the company who figured out that you could make more selling software than hardware trying so hard to sell more hardware.

Yeah that is problem with MS, they must have hired the wrong people off the success of 360 because they let every franchise besides Gears and Forza flounder. 

I mean I do see how difficult it might be due to how many of their IP play into the same genres but they need to actually get good games out for people to latch onto. 

Twisted Metal series to include themes of "the Haves and the Have-nots"

https://www.ign.com/articles/twisted-metal-tv-series-anthony-mackie-political-message

MGS collection on PC will not have keyboard and mouse support

https://www.ign.com/articles/confirmed-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-does-not-support-mouse-and-keyboard-on-pc

Sega co COO says they are not for sale right now

https://www.ign.com/articles/sega-boasts-very-close-relationship-with-microsoft-but-makes-clear-it-is-not-for-sale

Blooper Team says they are no longer going to be doing Psychological Horror, will be doing more mass market moving forward

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hill-2-remake-dev-bloober-team-giving-up-psychological-horror-for-mass-market

Phil decided to make all Zenimax games exclusive moving forward in a 2021 Meeting

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-ftc-trial-phil-spencer-zenimax-exclusive

Annapurna is making a Blade Runner game

https://www.ign.com/articles/annapurna-interactive-is-developing-a-blade-runner-game

vids

Spoiler

^This game is from Katamari Damacy creator....This game might turn into a meme.

Thirsty Suitor - Release Date Trailer

Flock - Gameplay Walkthrough

Bounty Star - Gameplay Walkthrough

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Yeah that is problem with MS, they must have hired the wrong people off the success of 360 because they let every franchise besides Gears and Forza flounder. 

I mean I do see how difficult it might be due to how many of their IP play into the same genres but they need to actually get good games out for people to latch onto. 

I would say that outside Forza, they have nothing, since Gears also went the Halo route after Epic stopped being involved.

They have Sunset Overdrive which is a great game, but Inmsomniac now belongs to Sony, and sadly the game bombed when it came out.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

extra

This showed up in my feed and I can't help but think about the trope where someone's talking shit to someone sitting down and that person looks really small but then they stand up and realize that they've made a mistake.

ad257e42d2a55c0c905580ce649848e4acb938be

Or also that the person turns to be buff as hell

big_thumb_eb84.gif

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

extra

This showed up in my feed and I can't help but think about the trope where someone's talking shit to someone sitting down and that person looks really small but then they stand up and realize that they've made a mistake.

Will this turn another  Perfect Legend 0-11? Tune in next time on Dragon Ball Z!!!

Extra

Wow....So..the idiot went through with it and they actually did the match today actually

The chat was fucking going in lmao  "What species bro?" lmao

Apparently he even gave him some runback matches.

Edit:  This dude can't be real person lmao.  Sonicfox of course recorded the whole interaction and put it on Twitch.  Had so many people clowning in the chat.  This man even had a post match interview with him.  I don't know what this man was doing on the mic..sounded like he was popping all the popcorn in the room.

Edit 2:  "LowTierGod can beat you"

laugh-spider-man.gif

I am fucking dying right now.  I'm gonna post up the links with the times if people are interested lmao.  I have tears in my eyes right now.

Edit 3:  This man had a whole ass crisis on twitter prior to fighting Sonicfox.  Yeah this dude is a whole dumbass lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1859265555

So dude's PS+ ran out and his card was declining apparently so he had to borrow some money from Sonicfox for PS+ lol.

GG shows up at 00:16:07 to ask for the money.

After much putzing around the PS+ is paid and the 1st match starts at 00:34:01.  It's pretty much the same as above but with Sonicfox's chat on the side

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1859306405

Runback 1 is at 00:01:11 

Runback 2 is at 00:04:22

Shortly after getting bodied  for the 3rd time he asked for Sonicfox to 1v1 him in Apex lol.  Chat then christens him with Duck Fursona

1st attempt to post interview is at 00:29:00.  I say first attempt cause dude was closing out of the call repeatedly lol.

"You don't play no shooters, you don't play no RPGs"  Don't what RPG's have to do with a competitive setting but ok lol.  This is also where the LTG dick sucking begins and the claim that LTG can beat Sonicfox shows up.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1859358160

Post interview 2 starts 00:30:48 to 00:47:52

"What did furries do to you" "pffft....I don't want to go into my backstory" 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jrdvcpcelw0j8skdv9g

Edited by Sonichuman
On 6/27/2023 at 5:46 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Starfield could be the biggest PC game of the year. It also might be heading for a lot of unnecessary annoyances on that platform. Bethesda revealed an exclusive PC partnership with card maker AMD, causing a mini-revolt among PC gamers in the process over concerns the massive open world RPG will face stuttering issues and not support competing features like DLSS and XeSS as a result.

I don't agree with locking out competing options on PC games. I do find it funny how lot of gamers bitching about this had no issue with Nvidia using their Hairworks and PhysX nonsense to tank performance on AMD GPUs. Now that they're affected, they care. This why I'll call out nonsense that doesn't affect me personally. Being short sighted about these things only bites you in the ass in the end. 

12 hours ago, Hecatom said:

If you own a decent gaming PC/Laptop, there is 0 reasons to own a Series X/S.

Their gamepass initiative doesn't only devalue games, but it also devalues their consoles.

At best, you need an Xbox One for the backwards compatibility with the 1st Xbox and the 360.

With owning a PS5 a Switch and a PC/Laptop, you are covered.

I don't have a decent gaming PC/Laptop and I still don't turn on my XSX.  There is just nothing on it I care about that I can't play on PS5 if I wanted to.

The only PC gaming I do is on emulators in my arcade cabinet and it's on a PC that is built from parts that were new about 15 years ago.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't have a decent gaming PC/Laptop and I still don't turn on my XSX.  There is just nothing on it I care about that I can't play on PS5 if I wanted to.

The only PC gaming I do is on emulators in my arcade cabinet and it's on a PC that is built from parts that were new about 15 years ago.

It's why I don't have one. I literally bought a couple of games for my XBox One X to feel like it wasn't a wasted purchase. I figured something would come out that I'd buy on occasion and I'd take advantage of the upgrades back compatibility. No such luck. It's my HD Blu Ray player and occasional BC machine.

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's why I don't have one. I literally bought a couple of games for my XBox One X to feel like it wasn't a wasted purchase. I figured something would come out that I'd buy on occasion and I'd take advantage of the upgrades back compatibility. No such luck. It's my HD Blu Ray player and occasional BC machine.

If a Gears 6 ever comes out, I'll grab it.  If you have a PC though, you can just play it there though.

But I'm over Forza and Halo at this point and haven't played those in a decade.  And I highly doubt a new Killer Instinct is in the works.  I have zero interest in Game Pass.

It was 100% FOMO when I seeked one out.  The only game I've played on it is Gears 5, which I bought for like $5 a week before XSX came out.  I actually also tried Doom Eternal but didn't like it.  I bought Gears 5, Doom Eternal, and Halo 5 at the same time from Best Buy for $20 lol.  All Xbox One games.

Here's Halo 5.  Notice the plastic wrap lol.

styPAXF.jpg

Edited by purbeast

D4--that was quite a long grind for all the renown; I got all of the bonuses from the 5 regions now...main character is level 72 now, and my other necro is 57.  It's interesting what kind of passive build options you can get going on with the paragon boards, I've noticed.....as with any game of course there is a mostly a few "correct" ways to go paragon-wise for each character class that's generally better than your other options.  

Oh yeah---and 6-figure damage club; my Darkness-build necro actually did hit a few monsters for a bit over 100k damage finally.  I didn't think the damage numbers would ramp up this early into Diablo 4's life but here we are....and oh yes I love it.  I suspect that some arpg fans only pretend to *not* like the huge ridiculous numbers these kinds of games eventually get to.

edit---next week they will announce when "season 1" begins.

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Can anyone explain why "the woke mob" would want to hold back Bloodborne from getting remastered for the PS5?

Just curious if maybe there was something I was missing.

I'd guess the Victorian Era European look. Or maybe the HP Lovecraft influence? Perhaps the concept of "the hunt"? 

ha, I can't wait to see that Twisted Metal show bomb worse than an attack from an ISIS dude.  They want to focus on the haves and have nots, apparently....bruh (*because surely THAT is what we thought of when playing that game back in the day, right?)... this is besides the problem of it already being several years too late for a show based on Twisted Metal existing in the first place.  I forgot how many years it's even been since the last game was released.  I'm sure Anthony Mackie just shrugged at it like "hey, it's another solid paycheck and a starring role so of course I'll do it."

If there was a simple "HD remake" of Twisted Metal 2 released on Switch and the other consoles I'd most likely get that... it was one of my favorite games from that era.  TW2 seemed like the high point of that series; and I enjoyed the "animated comic book" style and art of the cinematics it had.

*note---"HD" remake specifically because the graphics of early PS1-era games have not aged well at all, sadly.

*also, Calypso was a redheaded dude at least in part 2.....so I wonder which black actor will play him if he's a character in this show? 🤣

*edit---I checked the cast list for the show but did not see "Calypso" or "William Sparks" on there at all; perhaps if the character is involved at all maybe it's supposed to be something revealed later....though it would be a bit silly since he is the organizer of the Twisted Metal tournament.... then again it's actually funny that I'm assuming the people running this show are taking any of the little amount of lore TW has seriously in the first place.

Edited by MillionX

I find it funny that every time someone says something is woke you guys here get all yappy about it.  It shouldnt bother you but it does...cause you know these other fuckers are right most of the time.  turkeys 🤣

The reason you guys give for not using or buying a xbox is the same reason I dont own a ps4, ps5 or any xbox console.  lol

Edited by Faltimar the Dark