Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah I wish we would have got both SMRPG and Chrono Trigger remakes because Chrono Trigger is overdue for it.  I was talking to a friend of mine who was saying that he would rather Squeenix not touch the game cause he believes the game is perfect as is and he's afraid of Squeenix messing it up.  I don't blame him for thinking this way either but they really only need to punch up the graphics of the game and put it in the 2.5d style that Octopath and those games have.  That's it.  They'll get new people interested in the game and it would satisfy the old school fans.

Chrono Trigger being ruined ship has already sailed. I remember fans claiming this with the DS port when the new content gave it stronger ties to Chrono Cross.

5 hours ago, Lantis said:

Well at least Geno is back....

....in the same game he always has been in 😅

Also why does everyone treat Arkham Origins like the plague?

Yeah he had a heck of season last year. Even won comeback player of the year....

https://www.seahawks.com/video/geno-smith-wins-2022-ap-comeback-player-of-the-year

Wait....you  mean the other Geno 🙃

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Metal Gear 1, 2, and 3 on the go is great.  Don't know if i'll pick up that collection but I can't remember...did the previous trailers for this collection have vol.1 in the name?  I feel like that was just added.  Which means they might actually pull 4 off of the PS3 in the future...that should be interesting.

Arkham collection on the go is great too...kiiiinda worried about what concessions they had to make to get Knight running on Switch though.  I noticed the dev is not one of the usual suspects that make miracles happen on this console so Gonna be interesting to see how that works out.

I’m betting both collections are going to be cloud versions. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chrono Trigger being ruined ship has already sailed. I remember fans claiming this with the DS port when the new content gave it stronger ties to Chrono Cross.

Those people are a vocal minority, CCHD did pretty well, even before SE fixed it.

32 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m betting both collections are going to be cloud versions. 

That would be so fucking lazy, they released physical and install versions of all those games on the Vita. There's 0 excuse. 

Edited by RSG3
14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Those people are a vocal minority, CCHD did pretty well, even before SE fixed it.

True but that is probably all for not as Square Enix and a lot of companies either have people in charge that prefer the originals or don't have/can't due corporate stuff use the portable versions with new content in most cases.

Which sucks for the FF, CT and DQ games as that GBA/DS stuff was cool mostly. 

33 minutes ago, Wellman said:

True but that is probably all for not as Square Enix and a lot of companies either have people in charge that prefer the originals or don't have/can't due corporate stuff use the portable versions with new content in most cases.

Which sucks for the FF, CT and DQ games as that GBA/DS stuff was cool mostly. 

Yea but thats a different issue from "People hate CC so they won't make a new CT cuz CT was ruined by CC"...like buncha hog wash my man.  No one worth a fuck actually thinks that. 

So I set my alarm 2 mins before 10 AM to watch the Nintendo Direct. 

Me: Oh, Nintendo is finally releasing Super Mario RPG on NSO... Well, it's about ti--

Nintendo: Surprise, MF!

Me: OMGOMGOMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SUPER MARIO RPG REMAKE!!! IT LOOKS SO CLEAN!!! IT RETAINS THE SAME STUBBY ART STYLE!!!! THE MUSIC, INJECT IT INTO MY BRAIN JUICES RIGHT NOWAAAAAA!!!!!

Me during the Super Mario Bros. Wonder reveal: Oh, they are finally bringing back the New Super Mario Bros. game. I was wonder when they were gonna--

Nintendo: NOPE

Me: IT LOOKS... like one big acid trip... AND I LOVE IT!! DAISY IS PLAYABLE. DAY JAUN!!!!

Meanwhile my wallet is like "Please, feather, don't beat mean anymore"

I'm torn on the MGS collection. While I have nostalgia for them, I also know I'd be bored to tears watching all those cutscenes and codec conversations. Skip them, and the games are a bit paltry- less so with MGS3, but still probably enough to make me regret buying them again. 

So MGS collection on Switch will require a download to play the collection...  "But Sonic...they just announced a phys-"

annoyed-disappointed.gif

So...From what I understand you get a cart with 2.4gigs of...I da know what.  and then you have to download the 24.1 gigs  for ALL 3 GAMES.  WTF..IS THE POINT...OF THE GOD DAMN CARTRIDGE!? 

Edit:...may as well just buy the games digital to be honest which I'm not going to do.  This shit is mad annoying.

Edited by Sonichuman

I'm pretty excited about the MGS collection even though I already own every MGS game separately and the HD collection on PS3, but I am so hype. So hype that I started MGS last night. Be nice to own them on steam though I guess, I was gonna get em on switch but I'm not so sure now. I have had a thought though, so in MGS 1 in the Mantis fight, how are certain platforms going to be able to swap controller ports? Surely this will make the fight way way harder/borderline impossible? Or is there something I'm forgetting about the fight/don't really know about with current platforms?

17 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I'm just curious but what makes you excited to buy games that you, by your own admission, own multiple copies of already?  Seems really silly and just a waste of your hard earned money.  And it sends a bad message to these game devs, imo.

I just think MGS is neat 🙂

Edited by Abbachio