Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-online-update-removes-more-than-180-cars-and-bikes-puts-some-behind-paywall

GTA Online Update Removes More Than 180 Cars and Bikes, Puts Some Behind Paywall
Fans are not happy.

GTA Online players are usually happy when Rockstar rolls out a new update, but the latest San Andreas Mercenaries expansion has instead made them upset after removing more than 180 vehicles from the game.

As reported by Kotaku, Rockstar removed at least 189 cars and bikes from GTA Online and, making matters worse, put some of them behind its $6-a-month GTA+ subscription, which is currently only available to PS5 and Xbox Series players.

Though the developer warned "many lesser-used vehicles" would be removed from the game ahead of the expansion launching, many players assumed just a handful of old cars would be pulled. Instead, Rockstar removed nearly 200 vehicles, including some previously free to acquire, and put some of them behind a paywall.

"If there's one thing I have never heard anyone say since 2013 is there are too many cars available to buy."

"They said lesser vehicles and removed f**king everything," commented one frustrated Reddit user on a post outlining every removed vehicle. "They really ruined this update already with that stupid s**t," said another.

Rockstar said it removed the vehicles to "streamline the shopping experience" but one user, who claimed to have been playing GTA 5 since it launched in 2013, said this was never an issue in the game.

"If there's one thing I have never heard anyone say since 2013 is there are too many cars available to buy," they said. "I've never once heard that. Not once."

The list of frustrated users goes on. "This is f**king robbery," said another. "Holy s**t, the lesser used term was a gigantic lie. Everyone thought it was gonna be the NPC vehicle or really, really old ones. This is disgusting trying to create fake rarity like that."

Rockstar is yet to address the fan outcry but IGN has reached out to the developer for comment.

The removal of so many cars seems a little ironic given one of GTA Online's previous major updates finally added the long-requested 50 car garage. Rockstar continues to update the game regularly despite it being available for 10 years already, though Grand Theft Auto 6 (which could launch as early as next year) may change that.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

extra

Phil Spencer saying xbox making games people want to play won't shift people back to xbox or increase their console sales is one of the dumbest fucking things ever said under the xbox brand. It's literally why everyone shifted so hard into PS3 during the last few years of HD era and why Xbox stopped posting hardware units sold halfway through the PS4/XBONE era and why they're now relying on game pass (and other studios/publishers partnering with game pass) 

What a fucking idiot. 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

Phil Spencer saying xbox making games people want to play won't shift people back to xbox or increase their console sales is one of the dumbest fucking things ever said under the xbox brand. It's literally why everyone shifted so hard into PS3 during the last few years of HD era and why Xbox stopped posting hardware units sold halfway through the PS4/XBONE era and why they're now relying on game pass (and other studios/publishers partnering with game pass) 

What a fucking idiot. 

WOW. The goal is NOT to swipe people from PS. The goal is to sell more XBoxes and games. If you put out great 1st party games on a somewhat consistent basis, that will happen. But they keep slipping with their originals. Trying to skate around that with some "well it doesn't really matter what we do" BS is so stupid.

I've been away due to playing obscene amounts of Diablo 4 of course....

Now I'm a bit worried that the shadow/blood Necromancer builds WILL be nerfed into oblivion, man... I finally settled on a good mix and the power here is RIDICULOUS.  I feel borderline unstoppable for where I am in the game.... though to be fair I'm still just on world tier 3 at the moment and only in the 50s, but the difference with the tweaks I did to the build is incredible... I dropped the regular Ultimate for making the blood mist form into the "ultimate" with that legendary aspect that makes it trigger the corpse explosions, which are set to do the miasma/darkness damage over time thing...this is in addition to the fact that my mist form creates new corpses while it's active, which of course means more explosions of darkness.  This is in addition to the amazing "main feature" of mist form being the fact that you are immune to everything, and it breaks any control effects that are already on you at the time.  Plenty of times now I got frozen but no big deal....*mist form* and boom I get out of that.  Some enemies try to trap you with something on the ground like a rogue character---nope, blood mist form escapes it all, folks.  It's an amazing tactic/ability to have at the ready in a game where the enemies typically kill players by comboing tons of "control"/status impairment shit on ya.  But yea----I intend to have as much fun as possible before they inevitably "fix" things and tone this shit down.  

I also just got the 2nd paragon "board" (the "Withering" darkness one) active and already have the legendary node activated on that

*note--to help restructure a few things I took points out of the basic attack until it was just 1 (Reap) so I had points to move around to other parts of the skill tree.... as others probably realized by now, at least for Necro you really only need that particular basic attack to cause a corpse to drop so you can start up with the explosive shenanigans as quickly as possible in any fight....everything else from that point on is mostly your other abilities.

*I'm level 59 now; close to 60... plenty of "sacred" legendary items at this point... mostly thanks to those Hell Tide events...you can get SO much mileage out of those.

Edited by MillionX

Nintendo Direct rumors are swirling about at the moment...SUPPOSEDLY...one is supposed to be announced this week on Wed.

The reason why they're gaining ground is because there's a leaker on twitter that has been putting up information accurately recently regarding 1-2 Switch, Sonic Superstars, Samba De  Amigo, and Armored Core.

New 2D mario is whatever...but there's some wild speculation on that 2nd point.  And this guy isn't helping with what he might be alluding too. 

I'm not gonna get hype but if there is in fact a Direct that gets announced this Wed that's gonna make me sit up a bit.

D4--- I'm up to level 61 with necro, doing the nightmare dungeons at this point.... still trying to make the most out of the darkness build before the tone things down.  

I've made 6 characters now, though I'm focusing on the main necro for now.  At least when the inevitable nerf hits too hard I'll have another necro that has a slightly different build setup already that I was tinkering around with (Blood/Overpower focused).

I have 2 Druids--one was my first character that's still focused on the werebear/overpowers (pulverize/trample).  The other I built up as a werewolf to see how that plays....focusing on any werewolf skills and poison damage over time.

It's cool how awesome you can make a HE-MAN character, btw (the result looks like if they casted Arnold Schwarzenegger as He-Man; basically Conan the Barbarian with blonde hair, of course.)... that name isn't allowed though, apparently because of the hyphen so I wrote it as "HeMan" instead...  for now he's just a mule character to give some extra inventory space.

**edit---yes.... if only this game were made like the good ol' days where it was playable OFFLINE as well as online... it would already be a strong contender to be my favorite rpg of all time....because it's like the best stuff from D2 and D3 but with more "stuff" going on and with today's level of graphics.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Nintendo direct tomorrow. 7am PST. Roughly 40 minute presentation 

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1671155958448529408?s=46&t=AxkvaIhRuq43-aLff7vIKw

Besides the rumors and Pikmin 4, what are you guys expecting? I think we’ll see:

Final trailer for Ghost Trick

Persona 3 Reload Switch announcement

Wave 5 DLC and additional characters for Mario Kart 8

Big titles for Nintendo Online N64, Gameboy and GBA

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Besides the rumors and Pikmin 4, what are you guys expecting? I think we’ll see:

Final trailer for Ghost Trick

Persona 3 Reload Switch announcement

Wave 5 DLC and additional characters for Mario Kart 8

Big titles for Nintendo Online N64, Gameboy and GBA

persona 3 coming to switch was leaked a few days ago. 

Main rumors

Mario RPG Remake

new 2D mario

fire emblem remake (the GameCube one I think?)

Wind Waker/Twilight Princess collection

expected

Tears of the Kingdom season pass info

Next mario kart 8 dlc

next splatoon 3 dlc

hopeful but unlikely 

metroid prime 2&3 remasters

metroid prime 4

silk song

Edited by iStu X
35 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Remember when Mixer was a thing and was throwing mad money at Twitch streamers and ended up tanking? And they were owned by Microsoft of all people....

Yeah. I think the same likely happen to Kick but If you are a big streamer, you'd be a fool to pass up the guaranteed bank. The money they are throwing around is never have to work again money.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Ubisoft President admits they ignored Nintendo’s advice when it came to delaying Sparks of Hope until nintendo‘s next console 

SMH...3rd party company syndrome.  GOTTA RELEASE THE GAME RIGHT NOW!  I mean I get it somewhat cause they gotta try to keep that flow of income coming in but in one of the Big 3 is lending you an IP to work with let alone Nintendo and they're giving you advice on something...gotta at least consider it lol.  Glad he's holding the L though.  This probably would have been a great launch title for whatever console that have coming next.

Edit:  I like how Guillemot pretty much says that "yeah...we messed up...We'll just update the game and port it to the next console lol!"

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know that they had to end up creating a small day one patch, but kudos to Square Enix for making a completely function game without a patch requirement. The Day One patch for FFXV16 is 300MB and the game doesn't need it to run. So for anyone that picked it up physical, it's an actual game on the disk.

This is a rare thing to hear...I wish this game all the success.  I'll be purchasing it but don't know when I'll even be able to get to it.