Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

^ha, I forgot all about "Mixer" ever existing.  That one didn't last long.

Ok yeah--- Druid's power in D4 ramps up to something ridiculous pretty fast.  Now I have a simple ability further down the skill tree called "trample", where in bear form you are temporarily unstoppable and quickly charge forward on all fours... this rams the enemies for some big damage, and if you make sure to hit them into a wall they take even more damage from that hit.  Another node right after that gives this move 150% bonus damage.  I can't get enough of this shit at the moment.  I haven't even tried the werewolf form/builds yet because the werebear/pulverize build is just so good.

My friend had the headstart on this so he was at level 40-somethingn already when we played some co-op yesterday.  I ended up playing around 10 or so hours yesterday and more today so I'm up to level 35 at the moment.  

I also enjoy that there's a lot to do in this... tons of sidequests, the "reknown" points for each region, rewards for those points which include skill/ability point that apply to *all* your characters(!!), and it has good customization right from the start.

*On another D4 note---there's compilations of hardcore deaths already out there, of course 😄 hilarious how that 1 guy was trying to logout real quick after it already happened... it was already too late, bruh... 

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I had a problem with overshooting qcf motions sometimes and I'd wind up jumping, so I feel you. It took me about a month to get used to using my thumb for that "Up" button but other than that, it was a pretty smooth transition. I've heard good things about those snackbox controllers and I'm bummed my hitbox won't work with my PS5, but maybe I'll pick up a new.clntroller in the future if I decide to start playing more fighting games on there.

Edit: I might have to look into that Loki thing. I have a Quanba stick that I love and would really like to convert.

You can make your hitbox work with PS5 pretty easily, it'll just cost you a bit to get the UFB + extra PS5 board.  That is what I have in my current stick, but I already had the UFB from PS4/X1 days.

If I make my own, I may just padhack a wired PS5 controller because I don't see myself playing any fighters on Xbox series ever again, unless a new KI is announced.

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

LOL Twitter can't even keep their shit in order and they want to dabble into streaming? LOL good luck with that

Twitter had a streaming platform called Periscope from 2015 up until they shuttered it in 2021, so they've already been there. All they'd have to do is start it back up and rejigger it a bit and it would probably be a suitable alternative. And we NEED an alternative to Twitch.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

You can make your hitbox work with PS5 pretty easily, it'll just cost you a bit to get the UFB + extra PS5 board.  That is what I have in my current stick, but I already had the UFB from PS4/X1 days.

If I make my own, I may just padhack a wired PS5 controller because I don't see myself playing any fighters on Xbox series ever again, unless a new KI is announced.

Meh I'll just buy one if I decide to play on PS5. I did some padhacking back in the day and while I got most of it working, it was a pain.

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Twitter had a streaming platform called Periscope from 2015 up until they shuttered it in 2021, so they've already been there. All they'd have to do is start it back up and rejigger it a bit and it would probably be a suitable alternative. And we NEED an alternative to Twitch.

In the old Twitter? Might've stood a chance

In Elon Musk's Twitter? Dead on arrival

10 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Current Twitter has shown they can't really do anything, even simple things, anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Anyone trying to take on twitch is going to have a tough time just because the social media age is all about first mover advantage. There's only one Facebook, only one Twitter, only one YouTube, etc. But all it would take is people willing to use it and maybe a big name or two jumping to that ship.

And as far as I can tell, Twitter is functionally the same as it's always been other than being able to buy premium. So I don't see what difference that would make.

22 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Anyone trying to take on twitch is going to have a tough time just because the social media age is all about first mover advantage. There's only one Facebook, only one Twitter, only one YouTube, etc. But all it would take is people willing to use it and maybe a big name or two jumping to that ship.

And as far as I can tell, Twitter is functionally the same as it's always been other than being able to buy premium. So I don't see what difference that would make.

Good thing that Twitch has been killing itself with all the changes and more creators are jumping ship, lol

35 minutes ago, Lantis said:

And yet, Old twitter never made a profit, meanwhile Elon's twitter is running at a proffit since he took over 🤷‍♂️

Also, Twitcast has been a thing for quite a while now, and it has been steadily used more and more by people.

A lot of vtubers for example do stream on the platform alongside youtube and twitch.

Artists dod art streams, etc, etc.

Edited by Hecatom

FF7 Rebirth dev question 6

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1666429844685754369

Guerilla collective had their "Direct" today so the vids in the spoiler will be mostly of that.  There are ALOT of videos from the Guerilla collective and they're mostly indies.  Also just as a reminder, Summer Game Fest is tomorrow

Edit:  I have split the vids from today in to 2 dif posts in hopes of fixing the load on this page.  This is part 1.

Spoiler

extra

Edited by Sonichuman

Anyone use a long USB extension cable for PS5?

I have now tried 2 different ones of 20ft length and neither of them work with my joystick.  The joystick is getting power as I can see the light on under it, but it won't turn on.

The last one I had was 30ft active so I may look into another one of those but didn't want one quite that long if I don't need one that long.

Twitter is not runnning at profit. its breaking even at best, and thats if Elon is lying, which he probably is since its about all he actually ever does.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-twitter-is-operating-at-break-even-and-could-turn-profitable-in-a-matter-of-months-18e98e4d

Twitter lost 3 Billion in revenue in March this year alone. Considering its valued at 22 Billion less then he paid for it over all, the company has a fuck load ways to go before its profitable for him. For the company itself, maybe but i have my doubts considering it can barely function at what its supposed to do, much less do something like streaming, on top of bleeding advertisers monthly.

Edited by RSG3

Sonic, I got the notification that you responded to me, but I literally can’t even go to the most recent page to view it. It just crashes my phone browser lol. I think there’s something on that page it doesn’t like. I’m just commenting these from the first page 😭

Unfortunately the load from the amount of vids today from the Guerilla Collective is too much to put in such a short span so I've trimmed everything down in the first post to be everything not related to Guerilla Collective.  This post is just going to have the entire Guerilla collective presentation as one video.

2 minutes ago, B R O W N said:

Sonic, I got the notification that you responded to me, but I literally can’t even go to the most recent page to view it. It just crashes my phone browser lol. I think there’s something on that page it doesn’t like. I’m just commenting these from the first page 😭

I just checked my phone and it should be fixed.