Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Ok so does the last page load like dogs hit and crash constantly for anyone else or just mean and Martian? 

I have no issues on my phone or PC, but it's possible devices with less RAM are choking on it. 

The site does not load all the videos at once, so it shouldn't be an issue -- however in the future I will be asking @Sonichumanand others to post text links instead of embedding a ton of videos.

One vid here or there are fine but maybe there's no need to have a post with like 10 videos in it.

I've been playing only on PC pretty much since PS3 was nearing its end.  I never got a ps4 or ps5 or any other console for that matter.  I did think they were all capable of running games at 1080p 60fps.  Its kinda sad to know that that's not the case.  Every game I've played for the last 15+ years has run at those settings.  I never got a monitor with a higher resolution cause, well, tv's are expensive and I dont like spending money on something when what I have works just fine.  lol

Also, someone said how if they wanted to fiddle with settings and try different ones out then they'd play on PC.  Is that what you think playing on PC is?  Testing out different settings and such?  Nah, its setting the game to max and playing it.  Only fuck with the settings if setting them to max fucks up the game.  🤣

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

I have no issues on my phone or PC, but it's possible devices with less RAM are choking on it. 

The site does not load all the videos at once, so it shouldn't be an issue -- however in the future I will be asking @Sonichumanand others to post text links instead of embedding a ton of videos.

One vid here or there are fine but maybe there's no need to have a post with like 10 videos in it.

Text links will be bit longer but if it's still killing people's phones then I'll do 5-6 out of spoiler with 10 in spoiler max.  Anything higher than that and I'll try to resort to text links though it will be longer to post.

Embracer group does a ton of layoffs, restructuring, and closing studios after 2 billion deal falls through

https://www.ign.com/articles/embracer-to-close-studios-cancel-games-and-lay-off-staff-after-2-billion-deal-falls-through

If you need a reminder who is under Embracer at the moment, THQ Nordic, Plaion, Saber Interactive, Gearbox, Middle-earth Enterprises, Dark Horse Media, Coffee Stain, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal, Asmodee, Amplifier, Deep Silver, and many others

Despite restructuring and closing, Embracer is trying to look forward in making Lord of the Rings its biggest IP

https://www.ign.com/articles/embracer-plans-to-turn-lord-of-the-rings-into-one-of-the-biggest-game-franchises-in-the-world

Diablo 4 has earned $666 Million in the 5 days since its release

https://www.ign.com/articles/diablo-4-earned-over-666-million-in-the-five-days-following-launch

Xbox says Starfield has fewer bugs than any Bethesda game

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-says-starfield-has-fewer-bugs-than-any-other-bethesda-game

Uh huh...

Matt Booty says that the Redfall Team should have been better prepared to be First Party

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-game-studios-head-matt-booty-redfall

Reading the article for full context, it sounds like he's saying that the quality standard needs to be higher and they didn't need to think like a 3rd party and just ship the game and move on to the next one.

Respawn was working on Titanfll 3 for 10 months before pivoting to Apex Legends, says it was the right call

https://www.ign.com/articles/respawn-worked-on-titanfall-3-for-10-months-before-pivoting-to-apex-legends-ex-dev-reveals

Triangle Strategy gets an update

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/triangle-strategy-version-1-1-0-update-now-available-adds-chapter-and-story-battle-replay-features-extra-chapter

So events that are still happening, Xbox has an extended showcase happening at 1pm ET today,   Grasshopper has their own Direct on 06/15 @ 12pm ET, and then Ryu Ga Gotoku studio has their own presentation June 16th at 12 am ET

vids

Spoiler

Extra

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Goddam, took me probably 2 hours all around by I finally beat that Parade Puppet boss in Lies of P. Holy shit, is this what Souls fans go through? Fuck, i dont know if Im mentally prepared for a full game 🤣

..but didn't you feel accomplished when it finally happen though like

spacer.png

Btw anyone else playing the FF16 demo? It's definitely the first rated T/R in the final fantasy universe and I'm all for it. The battle system is so freaking good; can't wait for the official release!

Spoiler

The story so far is also dope. I'm predicting it's going to be some sort of Game-Of-Throne shenanigans. Hype af! 

1 hour ago, NinetiesArcades said:

..but didn't you feel accomplished when it finally happen though like

spacer.png

Btw anyone else playing the FF16 demo? It's definitely the first rated T/R in the final fantasy universe and I'm all for it. The battle system is so freaking good; can't wait for the official release!

Hide contents

The story so far is also dope. I'm predicting it's going to be some sort of Game-Of-Throne shenanigans. Hype af! 

Yes, yes I did. I was talkin mad shit after I beat that boss. They can't fuck with HD🤣

And I forgot about FF16 demo. Thanks for reminding me

2 hours ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Reveal hidden contents

The development staff for FF16 were required to watch the first 4 seasons of Game of Thrones.  They have straight up said they are trying to make something that is like GoT.

16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Text links will be bit longer but if it's still killing people's phones then I'll do 5-6 out of spoiler with 10 in spoiler max.  Anything higher than that and I'll try to resort to text links though it will be longer to post.

Honestly spoiler doesn't help. The page will still load the video. The best thing it does is not stretch the page but the performance still takes a hit

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Honestly spoiler doesn't help. The page will still load the video. The best thing it does is not stretch the page but the performance still takes a hit

Unless the consensus by most is that I shouldn't bother with putting the vids in spoilers moving forward, I'll keep putting them in.  I would prefer personally not putting them in the spoiler for a variety of reasons but I do remember that someone did complain about the posts with too much but this format moving forward won't have too many embedded in one post.  So what do people think, continue with spoilers or no?

So there's some shit going on within the Persona fandom for different reasons

https://twitter.com/politicalawake/status/1668924145717919747

I've written about Atlus in the past but for those who missed it Atlus was the first Japanese company I blacklisted due to being notoriously anti Japanese & Pro Censorship that can be traced back to the 90s. So it's absolutely no surprise to me Atlus would rehire Leonoudakis

Didn't take long after the P3R and Metaphor Re Fantazio reveal for the woke crowd to go after game director Hashino again. The QRTs are borderline insane. You would think Hashino said something outrageous, but all he said was that all the female characters should be cute. LMAO

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So there's some shit going on within the Persona fandom for different reasons

https://twitter.com/politicalawake/status/1668924145717919747

I've written about Atlus in the past but for those who missed it Atlus was the first Japanese company I blacklisted due to being notoriously anti Japanese & Pro Censorship that can be traced back to the 90s. So it's absolutely no surprise to me Atlus would rehire Leonoudakis

Didn't take long after the P3R and Metaphor Re Fantazio reveal for the woke crowd to go after game director Hashino again. The QRTs are borderline insane. You would think Hashino said something outrageous, but all he said was that all the female characters should be cute. LMAO

Wanting cute girls means misogyny? These people are unhinged

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Well, I will have to try this out with Druid before they nerf it (because that's the damn rule with some companies these days---if it's strong and too much fun they have to "fix" that asap.)

Diablo 3 was pretty fun until they started going bananas with the nerfs.