Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

23 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

So when does the Hyper Turbo Special Edition New Challengers X version of Street Fighter 6 drop?

Serious answer...probably after the 2nd season pass drops so I'll give it 2-3 years where they'll rerelease the game with all the content.

Mk1 hands impressions are showing up in my feed from multiple people in case people want to hear more about the game.

This chaotic AF.  Suda took a page out of Devolver Digital's playbook.  You got a more of a full trailer for Shadows of the Damned Remaster and it looks like they were teasing other projects throughout the video especially at the end...pretty sure Thunder Tiger is a game in the NMH universe so they might be doing NMH4.  The character on the screen at the end kinda looked loke Travis' normal color scheme.

At about the 80-ish hour mark I finally got around to finishing story mode in Diablo 4.  Hell YEAH what a show, man... once again, the cinematics they have on here... it's on another level from most other games, and it just keeps ramping up right on to the end.  The last few scenes going on in Act V are incredible.  It's something you'd expect to see in a big-budget movie that has crazy success at the box office.  Amazing music, visuals... it's all there.

The music (*I especially liked "By Three.." from the trailer... there is also a great reprise of this near the end during a big scene involving Lilith and Inarius)

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Anybody who actually understands business and looks at the history would understand why.

I mean it is clear why, but if you don't like some of the old cats taking spots it does suck to see it happening again and again.

Yeah, I will NEVER forgive Blanka. Ass scratching green bastard 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

I thought SF 6 was ripe for a Sean comeback but alas we don't? Poor Sean got ass fucked in 3S and then dropped from SF altogether (aside from his SF V story mode cameo)

Sean is one of the characters that shows up in a lot of the World Tour Mode art. I wouldn't surprised to see him show up.

I do hope that either if they bring Sean or Laura, it doesn't mean that we wouldn't get the other sibling on the game.

I think that this game would be a good opportunity to bring Sean again, but I do hope they bring Laura as well, since I liked her gameplay on SFV.

I would kill for Mika as well, since she was my main alongside Cammy and Kolin, with Laura and Menat being my secondary chars.

Matt Booty:  We are no longer making games for the Xbone

https://www.ign.com/articles/xboxs-matt-booty-confirms-its-not-making-games-for-xbox-one-anymore

Rockstar Games Cofounder Dan Houser announced new studio

https://www.ign.com/articles/rockstar-games-co-founder-dan-houser-announces-new-studio-absurd-ventures

Also this ish is crazy, some dude drove 700 miles to a streamer's house and set her car on fire

https://www.ign.com/articles/alleged-stalker-sets-twitch-streamer-justfoxxis-car-on-fire

Edited by Sonichuman

Diablo 4 adventures continue--- so I fought my first "world boss" monster last night; Avarice the Gold Cursed there was around 10 or so other people there fighting him with me so it was pretty fun... I did get killed 2 times but some of my random allies got me back up, and I was helping revive others who were killed as well... it took a while but eventually we killed him, and I got some good items... 

Shortly after this I experienced the "Helltide" event for the first time as well (both these things start occurring after you finished story mode)... it was either in the World Boss or the Helltide event that I got my first 2 "Sacred" items, which of course were HUGE upgrades for me... level 54 at the time so the sacred weapon that dropped was level 54; big upgrade from the level 40-ish weapon I had previously.  It was worth it so far to lose out on some stats to equip that.  Early this morning I was in another Helltide, and found the special boss there named "Kixxarth", though there was just no way... I was level 54 and this dude was a level 72....and no one else was around.  Helltide events have a time limit and it was nearing the end; there was absolutely no way I could've killed him in time...and wasting further time on him would mean not being able to turn in that resource you get for killing monsters in that zone. (this resource disappears once the event ends, so you have to find a certain treasure chest in the zone to use it up before this is over.)

On another note---here's some of the voice actors behind the characters in D4:

Persona 3 Reload Will Remove Fatigue System

persona-3-reload-fatigue-system-06172023

In an interview between 4Gamer and the main developers of Persona 3 Reload, Atlus revealed it will remove the Fatigue system from the game. This will help to make Persona 3 feel like a more modern Persona game. There will also be some QOL changes to mechanics like Tartarus exploration to improve the player experience. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]

The original Persona 3 had a Condition system. Fighting or exploring Tartarus for too long could fatigue your characters. This lead to a chance of them getting sick the next day. Tired and sick characters had lower stats. It would also be easier for enemies to knock them down or inflict them with status effects. Conversely, if you rested up the night before a Tartarus day, you had a chance of being in Great condition. Characters would have higher stats, such as a higher Crit Rate.

Organizing your schedule to prevent your characters getting Sick, or to work around them, was part of Persona 3‘s time management system. However, this system does not mesh well with the series’s current calendar system. Getting Sick was random. So it could stress out players who planned their schedule days in advance. Since the Fatigue system actively affected how much fun players had, Atlus chose to remove it for Persona 3 Reload.

There are some minor QOL changes in Tartarus as well. Because the development team wanted to preserve Persona 3’s atmosphere while making it easier to play (like Persona 5), it struggled on how to make Tartarus exploration a better experience. For example, the feeling of emptiness while climbing up the shadowy corridors of Tartarus during the Dark Hour was something the dev team wanted to retain. Tartarus will still be randomly generated. But the team added things like party member conversations to keep it from becoming stale.

Maxing Out Social Links Will Be Easier in Persona 3 Reload

Persona 3 Reload will have fully-voiced Social Links, as well as new scenes to further explore the world and character dynamics. It will have the most voiced lines in the history of the Persona series thus far. It will also be easier to max out Social Links in a single playthrough this time around.

The main story and Social Links will be the same as the original. There will also be some aspects of FES and P3P in Reload, though you won’t be able to play The Answer or as FeMC. As well, there will be new scenes to dive deeper into the world and characters. For example, there will be scenes where the MC gets to interact more with the male party members. In the original P3, you couldn’t have Social Links with the guys, so these scenes will help to explore their friendship.

As for the Social Links, Persona 3 was not designed for players to max them out in a single playthrough. It wasn’t impossible, but it was very difficult. The development team expressed surprise that people managed it in the first place. This was due to the high Stat requirements you needed to start some of them, as well as needing to make the right choices in dialog. In Persona 3 Reload, it will feel closer to maxing out all the Social Links in Persona 5 Royal. It won’t be easy, but it’ll be possible if you spend enough time on it.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/714/G071477/20230612109/

Inspiration hit earlier for me to create yet another Diablo 4 character because I had not done a "shit" hero yet... this is character #5 already.  Anyway, the adventures of Turdak the Foul druid have begun.  He's focused on werewolf form with the poisonous attacks, of course....level 12 so far; I started off in World Tier 1 to give him an easier/fast-track start.