Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Man I'm jonesing for a character reveal or two. One returning and one new would be nice.

Gief, Marissa and Deejay are characters I'm interested seeing in action most right now. And also for the love of God show me Akuma in RE Engine, this might be the first time I main the guy in a street fighter game 

19 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

for now til end of year

- a gg dlc char

- 1 last project L update

- ideally MK12 on tga's december 8

- whatever SF decides to drop

Supposedly we should hear last DLC season news for Granblue and the reveal of first DLC season in DNF at the end of December (Christmas-adjacent Cygames livestream and the annual Nexon broadcast), plus we know there will be a full on trailer for Tekken 8 at TGA 2022 too 

So overall November-December will have plenty of stuff for Fighting games 

Then in 2023 we'll have Samsho rollback, KOFXV crossplay, XRD rollback release, Season pass announcement for SF6, launches of MK12 and SF6, another character reveal for Strive, and potentially news about the next UNIEL installment as it's now been a couple of years since UNICLR and French Bread tend to release new versions roughly every 3-4 years 

Who knows maybe even Sega will finally wake the fuck up and make a proper Virtua Fighter sequel with a good netcode 

So I was trying to at least play casual on Street Fighter V last night and I waited for matches for probably 8-10 minutes with all systems on and I got nada. So I turned that off and went to Capcom Fighting Collection for some HSF2 and within that same time I got 3 matches in ranked specifically. I guess folks are just having fun with the PC SF6 beta...? Any insight y'all got on this?

16 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I waited for matches for probably 8-10 minutes with all systems on and I got nada.

It depends on the time you que up , you can get matches usually but over all it's the end of the game's life cycle. The meta is infested by Luke smurfs and tryhards , it is no wonder that the player base has diminished.

12 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I guess folks are just having fun with the PC SF6 beta

I know i am. Combo wise the game itself is pretty straight forward to be honest, i am mostly just labbing what and how to counter stuff from various matchups.

9 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

@Volta's dream girl and @Volt's nightmare. 

@ToreyBeans SF6 Beta? But that's be down for a while. Have no clue what you are talking about fam 👀

Darc: "Code 10! Code 10! This is Darc. Get the Beta of your PC! The Capcops are here!"*

*Wonder if anyone will get that reference 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
44 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I PM'd you bruh bruh

It takes a small time off duty to loose territory. Look at all these people taking my spot on handing out the good stuff. 

You PM'd Darc ? On my turf ? 🔫

You know who has the candy 'round these parts right ? 

Get the hell in the van , now. 

artworks-000124317364-1vv024-t500x500.jp

Spoiler

PS : there another update that enables more stuff, just saying

Edited by Skort
5 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

So I was trying to at least play casual on Street Fighter V last night and I waited for matches for probably 8-10 minutes with all systems on and I got nada. So I turned that off and went to Capcom Fighting Collection for some HSF2 and within that same time I got 3 matches in ranked specifically. I guess folks are just having fun with the PC SF6 beta...? Any insight y'all got on this?

I think it's safe to say the game is "dead". I actually can get matches consistently during evening hours but usually dead in the morning it's really slow. But like Skort said the only people left are sweats and UGM Luke players.

42 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I think it's safe to say the game is "dead". I actually can get matches consistently during evening hours but usually dead in the morning it's really slow. But like Skort said the only people left are sweats and UGM Luke players.

Definitely not dead for me, still get a fair amount of matches.  Although I have to set search to casual + ranked now and I tend to get to about 3 casual matches to every 1 ranked match.  Also, I fight the same 3 characters:  Alex, Ryu and Ken over and over lol.  

I've been watching this set recently.

I'm really liking the Drive system so far. I feel like stuns are going to be less common than SFV but still very present, because from the look of it if someone is in burnout and ends up anywhere near a corner it becomes kinda impossible to avoid the stun, because most of the options that counter the Drive focus attack-thingy is also stuff that costs Drive bars. Chip damage in burnout mode also looks pretty significant.

The thing I like is that there are a lot of ways to make the Drive gauge grow or decrease depending on what you're doing. The Drive gauge kinda works like a guard meter too because your Drive meter will deplete by blocking attacks, so blocking too much will eventually lead to burnout. On the other hand, attacking and parrying successfully increases your Drive meter, and punishes seem to also reward the guy doing the punish with additional Drive meter (and taking away Drive meter from the guy who got punished). It looks like a system that is very much in the hands of the players, and not just a meter that fills up over time (which is what I was concerned about because it reminded me of MK11's time-based meter system).

On 10/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, Vhozite said:

DP style moves appear to be a bit slower as well.

What's the startup like?

In V and I think IV as well good DPs usually have 3 to 5 frames of startup depending on the version.

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm going to have to double check. I thought they were around 2F slower. @SkortDo you know for certain? I know you've got a bit more experience with SF6 than the rest of us.

Fastest  is light with 5 frames, EX appears to be 6 frames for all shoto archetypes basically, Ryu, Ken and Luke. 

Juri's light is 11 frames since it's not a dp but has dp motion ( the grounded pinwheel ) , but her actual dp is 5 frames non ex and her EX one is 5 frames as well,so i guess she has the fastest ex dp in the game.

EDIT : Guile's flash kick is also 5 frames on light and ex as well.

Edited by Skort
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Volta's dream girl and @Volt's nightmare. 

@ToreyBeans SF6 Beta? But that's be down for a while. Have no clue what you are talking about fam 👀

Darc: "Code 10! Code 10! This is Darc. Get the Beta of your PC! The Capcops are here!"*

*Wonder if anyone will get that reference 🙃

I can tell she smells like wet socks through the screen.

dog_kick_off_bridge_punt_fuck_dogs.gif

• Sonero changed the title to Street Fighter 6 Lounge: Endless PC Beta is here! Pray for Console Chads