Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

People who like JP are probably the same animals who play suit Urien instead of the far superior Hammock

Hammock Urien is the way god intended him. When Urien comes back in SF6, hope he’s naked again since this game is really lacking on the nakedness department.

JP’s suit reminds me of Seth’s excellent story costume in SF4… And we know what happened to him… :bison:

8 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Suite Urien is better than hammock Urien. The fact that his default had the hammock code and no one used it after the first month he was out is my proof of this. You guys can die big mad about that 🙂

People are lazy. Has nothing to do with taste.

In SF6, JP shotgunned the suit look. Dudley will probably try to 1-up him if he comes.

So Urien should be restored to his original form. Probably would be the best rendition of the male body in FG history. RE engine is incredible!

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Literally this x1000. In a game where every character has a cool martial

arts outfit or some kind of cultural garmet suit and tie old guy is super bland. If he was someone’s world tour avatar I’d say they have no imagination lol. I didn’t care for G’s design either but at least he had the cool gold skin thing and an actual theme as an expy of President Lincoln.

People who like JP are probably the same animals who play suit Urien instead of the far superior Hammock

Its his idle stance that pisses me off. 

He also has “ wizard vibes” and playing as a wizard in any genre of video game is for bitches 

Edited by Flackaveli

Do you guys feel that a bit too much stuff is tied to the Drive gauge in 6 as opposed to V gauge in 5?

I was watching the SETS stream today with Problem X and Joker and kinda had this thought that with how integral Drive system is to 6's system mechanics, it involves so many different elements 

- blocking drains the gauge 

- impact uses the gauge 

- dash cancels need the gauge 

- guard cancels require the gauge 

- ex moves spend the gauge 

- parrying can't be used without the gauge 

- completely exhausting the gauge puts you at a significant disadvantage (more blockstun, more damage received, instant dizzy if you're hit by a DI, loss of access to aforementioned mechanics, chip kills) 

Meanwhile the Super gauge is used.... Exclusively for supers. Granted it's cool that you have access to all 3 levels at any time as long as you got the stocks required unlike SF3 where you had to choose one or 2/Alpha/IV where you were limited to the predetermined super, but still 

Maybe Capcom should have done it like KOFXV and FighterZ where EX moves cost half a stock? 

I'm just not sure I'm entirely on board with the idea of essentially your match hinging one meter system, plus there's no way to refill it instantly once you're in burnout, you can only speed it up by going on the offensive 

26 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Do you guys feel that a bit too much stuff is tied to the Drive gauge in 6 as opposed to V gauge in 5?

Meanwhile the Super gauge is used.... Exclusively for supers. Granted it's cool that you have access to all 3 levels at any time as long as you got the stocks required unlike SF3 where you had to choose one or 2/Alpha/IV where you were limited to the predetermined super, but still 

I'm just not sure I'm entirely on board with the idea of essentially your match hinging one meter system

The system in 6 seems like a direct response to criticisms of that last two games.

First thing I’ll say is that I definitely like Super Arts being their own meter. One big issue with SF4 is that between FADC and EX moves you basically never got to use your super. In 5 it’s not as bad with the fast meter building, but you still have a lot of characters burning meter on DPs or on important character specific options like Kolin EX hands. As you pointed out, in 6 you’re already making a shit ton of decisions regarding how to use Drive Meter, so it’s nice that no matter what you’ll still get hype moments with super. It makes the game more fun to watch and more fun to play since you don’t feel hated off from your coolest moves. 

On Drive itself, I think it’s so packed because Capcom really wants it to something for everyone. A big complaint about SFV is the lack of player expression. In SF6 you can have two people playing the same character but they utilize drive differently. For example I’m not big on using EX moves but I’ll still have plenty of use for my meter with reversal, rush, and impact. 

I would write more but I’m busy 

12 hours ago, elliephil said:

Since I've learned more about the drive system, I think dhalsim is going to be really strong. Head drill being special cancelable into an easier teleport input is pure evil.

If I end up playing this,I'll probably main Dhalsim and the changes they've made to him look pretty fun. He had an interesting game in SFV too from what I saw/played.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

If I end up playing this,I'll probably main Dhalsim and the changes they've made to him look pretty fun. He had an interesting game in SFV too from what I saw/played.

He was one of my fav designs in sfv as well. I think the hate for sim really began when they introduced v-shift + wake up tk teleport into the game... Capcom said "Oh you didn't like that? Let's double down with even more tools sim can use on defense!" lololol

35 minutes ago, elliephil said:

He was one of my fav designs in sfv as well. I think the hate for sim really began when they introduced v-shift + wake up tk teleport into the game... Capcom said "Oh you didn't like that? Let's double down with even more tools sim can use on defense!" lololol

As much as I liked v-shift it made Sim kind of dumb while also basically deleting Gief from the game. Sim can wreck most characters without his vtrigger so you get Sims that just spam v-shift and vreversal on defense and it's really fucking annoying to deal with.

I was kind of hoping for a bottom tier Sim in 6, since he's been top in ST, Alpha 3 and now SFV (I know I'm petty). He was perfect in SF4 in my books lol.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

I was kind of hoping for a bottom tier Sim in 6, since he's been top in ST, Alpha 3 and now SFV (I know I'm petty). He was perfect in SF4 in my books lol.

We will find out on launch day what he can and can't get away with. I know we are all thinking about drive rush conversions from full screen, annoying strong defense, and really fast movement for a Street Fighter character.

Which now has me thinking... will this be the fastest we "figure out" a Street Fighter game? Information about games continue to be shared an increasingly faster pace with twitter, discord, youtube, etc. I feel like the playerbase found out A LOT about SFV in a very short amount of time of it being released.