Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@EvilCanadianThanks for digging into the charge motion characters... Sad to hear that mashing is gone. It was a uniquely SF mechanic and really made playing Blanka/Honda special.

was literally the very first thing I tried

I am not happy about it honestly.

Blanka has the dolls so thats a whole different thing for him to work for.

Honda... his priorities have shifted. I was impossibly bummed at first but as I kept playing and learning it seems  Headbutt is now "the move" instead of hands far as I can tell.

Headbutt is always safe

even HP headbutt

and HP headbutt deals 1 full drive gauge in damage on block.

Ill have a vid on him in a few days with what I captured and go more into it, but hes basically aiming for different stuff now

Edited by EvilCanadian
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

@EvilCanadianThanks for digging into the charge motion characters... Sad to hear that mashing is gone. It was a uniquely SF mechanic and really made playing Blanka/Honda special.

Just because it's unique doesn't make it good

Also P4U had all-out attacks that worked the same and universally 

Edited by -PVL93-
3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

all those vids suck imo

this is the real good stuff 🤠

This is a really good vid great so see someone actually answering the questions I have. 

Some thoughts:

* Ho Lee Fuk JP looks insane. OH/Low/Grab projectiles, Teleports, Full screen level 3, reversal with the hung projectile this character is nuts. If I didn’t find his look aggressively mediocre this might been my main. 

* Mash inputs gone thank god. I’m sorry but I’ve always hated that mechanic.

* Cammy’s combos look like pure sex. 

* Manon level 5 grab 👀 

Man Marisa has a shit ton of target combos. Wasn't expecting that. From the Nephew vid, the LPLP, MPMP and HPHP target combos are safe and special cancellable, and her Phalanx (Power Dunk special) is safe on block too...

I feel like her pressure is gonna be super unga and I LOVE it. 

kcCHc6s.png

Edited by Jocelot
1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Gief is fucking gigantic, can't even imagine Hugo or Abi in this artstyle 

Hugo would be awesome in SF6 style

Abi NPC is likely to appear given his garage is a location

Guess they will make it with editor and then cheat on stats to do him twice as big as you can do with CC lol, sadly editor max stats are'nt enough for a legit Sagat, let alone Abigail

Edited by CESTUS III

A lot of characters look like they got some nice stuff going on, it's kind of a shame that the universal mechanics are so impactful in this game.

Marisa looks pretty cool too. I wonder if she can counter wake-up DPs with her stance.

2 hours ago, Flackaveli said:

I really only fukk with you and Vesperarcade when it comes to informative SF content.  Appreciate the work my guy 👍🏾

Darc Requiem: "Hey Flackaveli, there are some cool YouTube videos with new  SF6 content. You should check them out."

Flackaveli: "Is it Canadian?"

Darc Requiem: "What?"

Flackaveli: "If ain't Canadian, I ain't playing them."

🙃

All jokes aside, I like watching Evil Canadian and Vesper's content too. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Cammy’s hold specials look super cool her VT1 was my favorite so it’s nice to have those moves back. I can play her and live in Doctrine’s shadow lol.

I hate everything about the way JP looks but his moveset looks so cool. If he gets a cool alternate costume I’ll have to give him an honest shot. Watching him actually makes me disappointed we don’t have Bison.

Chun and Lily look like they have potential but I really need to see more footage it’s hard to get an idea of what they’re trying to do. 

I was actually most keen on Marisa and Manon but the footage I’ve seen so far makes them look incredibly boring. Hopefully it’s just due to the players unfamiliarity and rushed circumstances.

Ah yes hello character crisis my old friend.

16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Watching him actually makes me disappointed we don’t have Bison.

I know what you mean. But I'll give Capcom credit, they've created a very interesting character and introduced a new playstyle altogether to SF.

The good news is that while he may have inherited many of Bison's themes, he actually plays nothing like him. Bison actually has a very unique playstyle throughout the series that kept evolving. I don't think any of the current characters really can cover for him.

Hopefully when he and other characters do get added, Capcom will have more resources and experiences to be even more creative with DLC.

9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The good news is that while he may have inherited many of Bison's themes, he actually plays nothing like him.

That’s what I mean he communicates the idea of Bison being cool in this engine without replacing him. 

Nash would’ve looked great in this engine too. Something about the “I teleport/move across the screen super fast” characters looks really clean in this game.

I dunno if I'm ageist here or something but even though JP has probably the most interesting moveset for me personally I can't imagine playing him. I don't even think he looks bad conceptually but I just don't want to look at a dude with a cane for a couple of hundred hours.

If I ever decide to play World Tour I'm going to make a Rose-lookalike with his moveset but competitively I might hone in on Manon as expected, while also giving Lily a shot, because she's just so sweet.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I dunno if I'm ageist here or something but even though JP has probably the most interesting moveset for me personally I can't imagine playing him. I don't even think he looks bad conceptually but I just don't want to look at a dude with a cane for a couple of hundred hours.

Literally this x1000. In a game where every character has a cool martial

arts outfit or some kind of cultural garmet suit and tie old guy is super bland. If he was someone’s world tour avatar I’d say they have no imagination lol. I didn’t care for G’s design either but at least he had the cool gold skin thing and an actual theme as an expy of President Lincoln.

People who like JP are probably the same animals who play suit Urien instead of the far superior Hammock

Edited by Vhozite
52 minutes ago, Neclord said:

RTX 3070

i7-9700k @ 3.60Ghz (8 cpus)

32gb ram

Dell S2721DGF

You should have zero issues with SF6 man. Your system has better specs than a few people i know that run the game fine. Their shouldn't be anything in your rig that holds you back in SF6.