Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

16 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

There are some boomer takes for the anti-hitbox crowd, like the people who think playing a hitbox is cheating all probably still think you can hold multiple directions at the same time, as if that wasn't an issue that was fixed ages ago. Imo it's simply a better way to play fighting games and I say that as someone who played stick for 10+ years. 

I definitely agree that is has it's uses. It's just very easy to incite a sincere flame war between each side. I kind of wish that more people saw leverless controllers as a good alternative to stick for those who suffer from pain in their hands/wrists. But even the main hitbox twitter account is mostly just posting tech to show what is only possible on leverless, so I don't think that helps the public perception.

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

God I hope Capcom adds some kind of a limited mode where we can use the world tour avatars for online pvp. I don't care how broken, silly, stupid or cursed that would be - let people have fun. At some point beating random NPCs will get boring 

I would even accept just local vs (vs player or com) where i can make clash my avatar vs SF official cast in official stages 

My ideal would be them being playable in arcade, local vs, special not-ranked online vs, training

I believe i will be able to create very good missing characters recreations once shop items are out, but would not make much sense for me if i can't put them in the actual game (essentially not in the hub crap)

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Wasn't that confirmed to be in already? Pretty sure I saw it in the showcase.

you can make your puppet fight other random people's puppets in the shitty hub room, that's about it for now as far i know 

The editor itself is nice and do some pretty interesting things, but how they're handling it so far is kinda poor 

I mean i understand it's their first try, but they could literally copy lot of Soul Calibur features it's not top secret stuff lol

3 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

God I hope Capcom adds some kind of a limited mode where we can use the world tour avatars for online pvp. I don't care how broken, silly, stupid or cursed that would be - let people have fun. At some point beating random NPCs will get boring 

Player avatars can fight each other in the battle hub. There is no pvp in world tour. Shame as I would have loved to roll up on people in these digital streets

8 hours ago, elliephil said:

I definitely agree that is has it's uses. It's just very easy to incite a sincere flame war between each side. I kind of wish that more people saw leverless controllers as a good alternative to stick for those who suffer from pain in their hands/wrists. But even the main hitbox twitter account is mostly just posting tech to show what is only possible on leverless, so I don't think that helps the public perception.

The public perception for a lot of people is "I haven't tried anything else but stick and I know there's nothing better." I don't think explaining the ergonomics of it (which should be obvious anyway) would change anything.

I think it's fair for them to show execution that hitbox makes trivial, it's one of the best features of the controller imo. Sticks and pads just make things harder than they have to be, and I think the whole debate about fighting game execution would be rendered moot if people played a leverless controller.

23 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Capcom president stated in a recent interview that he projected that SF6 will sold around 10 million copies over its lifetime.

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/63522

Factoring in the X-Box release, the incredible positive reception thus far, and then maintaining/exceeding the DLC standards of SF5, 6 is going to sell more than 10m.

But I understand him being conservative in his estimate. It’s just the stars have aligned I feel and this is gonna be like the second coming for the series. We’ll know for sure around the time the “Super” edition comes out because that’s when a lot of people choose to buy in.

Haters are gonna boil inside out! It’s gonna be delicious! :bison:

Edited by Daemos

6 has the benefit of riding the positive feedback on last season of V, CPT 2022 ended fairly well, and it's also not a platform exclusive this time, plus the game is coming out with good netcode, with crossplay, on two different console generations, AND it's further fixing all the flaws V had from battle system to features.

Provided Capcom don't somehow royally screw it up with egregious post launch monetization or shit balancing, I'm fully expecting 6 to climb into Capcom hall of fame in terms of units sold and at least 1 million copies by EVO if not sooner 

Real talk @Daemos who are you gonna play till bison gets put in? 

And what’s everybody’s final thoughts on sfv? 
I’m seeing some posts from people who skipped sfv and thinking sf6 is a “real”  sf title lol. 

sfv had a shitty launch but I really think the game found its footing Later on in life. Overall I would say I liked sfv. It’s definitely the most hours I’ve put into sf but it still has its faults. 

Spoiler

Please ignore my grammar I’m about 5 beers deep 😂

33 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Real talk @Daemos who are you gonna play till bison gets put in? 

I’m seeing some posts from people who skipped sfv and thinking sf6 is a “real”  sf title lol. 

sfv had a shitty launch but I really think the game found its footing Later on in life. Overall I would say I liked sfv. It’s definitely the most hours I’ve put into sf but it still has its faults. 

Hide contents

I almost watched the last CPT Top 8 like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuM320H8uYw7sajQDYQ9t

In all seriousness tho, SFV was an almost bipolar experience to me. The good parts were really good, but the bad parts were really bad.

It'll undoubtedly go down like 4. People won't want to have anything with it for years and then it'll become a boomer Discord fighter.

6 is looking better than ever, so V's fall will definitely not be pretty.

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

It's gonna feel like a long wait since I don't currently connect with any characters.

i feel ya I’m still waiting for someone to appear that compares to Laura. And before anybody says it I’m not getting the same vibes from Manon. Probably gonna give deejay a shot since he has fireball feints and his overhead/low mixup.

Hopefully the wait isn’t too long for ya man. Rather it be M.bison himself or something close enough for you to try.  But between jp and Aki you should be fine.

It's crackers to think I might actually be able to join some silly lobby and have matches with you guys. I'm really looking forward to it. I think I've played Matt, Darc, The Poster Formerly Known As You, Volt and Sonero with mostly shit lag but when things worked, enjoyed.  @Voltif this stuff works, we can train non-stop for a bit if you like, so you can get to grips with shit (though I am bad)

Edited by JustBooming
2 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

I hated the state SFV was in when it first came out, but I enjoyed it the most during season 3 when it felt like a complete experience. I believe the mechanics of SFV was a huge improvement over SFIV.

3 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Hide contents

SFV is gonna be in the same folder as SF4: a good game with huge flaws im immediately reminded of every time nostalgia fools me into playing it for 10 minutes. It’s been at least a year since I’ve played it probably longer…been uninstalled since before Luke came out. I stopped playing ranked in like 2018 lol. I’ll miss playing Nash but other then fooling with him I wholly dislike that game and have 0 intention of ever playing it with others again.

Speaking of Nash, I’m not sure who I’m gonna play in SF6 either. After gunning the demo definitely not Luke or Ryu lol. I’m actually hoping I click with one of the new characters like Marisa or AKI. The legacy characters are familiar, but that also makes them feel kinda boring to me I want to try something new. Absolute worst case I’ll just fool around until Akuma drops and go with him.