Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

The music is fine. It’s non-offensive. The character themes are what is really off. I don’t see them growing on me.

Personally I only like Deejay (1.25x speed), Manon (1.25x speed), Jamie and Ryu

I can't stand the rest of the tracks no matter the playback speed or the dynamic part. Hell I can't even remember any others and I listened to all of them barely a week ago 

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You should have zero issues with SF6 man. Your system has better specs than a few people i know that run the game fine. Their shouldn't be anything in your rig that holds you back in SF6. 

Yes I really shouldn't. Funnily enough I have the same problem in SFV and KoF15 but in no other games.

I think it has something to do with the refresh rate of my monitor/pc or vsync/gsync. I have stable fps and all that but it looks a bit stuttery when you move your character from left to right for example.

Tried SF6 demo on PS4 and on PS5 now as well, no issues at all. Aside from screen tearing with input delay reduction mode on but it makes sense, vsync is off there for more delay reduction.

29 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Which now has me thinking... will this be the fastest we "figure out" a Street Fighter game? Information about games continue to be shared an increasingly faster pace with twitter, discord, youtube, etc. I feel like the playerbase found out A LOT about SFV in a very short amount of time of it being released.

With more technology and communities getting closer, and the fact that you youtubers to teach you (hi) the game, learning is faster than ever. 

Also for old timers, the more you play the more you have things to look for

like sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I already figured out a Lily oki setup post light hitconfirm that spires you on your wakeup leaving her very plus, and is immune to wakeup DI as she will recover fast enough to DI back.

Its an arms race out there.

1 hour ago, Neclord said:

Yes I really shouldn't. Funnily enough I have the same problem in SFV and KoF15 but in no other games.

I think it has something to do with the refresh rate of my monitor/pc or vsync/gsync. I have stable fps and all that but it looks a bit stuttery when you move your character from left to right for example.

Tried SF6 demo on PS4 and on PS5 now as well, no issues at all. Aside from screen tearing with input delay reduction mode on but it makes sense, vsync is off there for more delay reduction.

@misterBeeseems to be the most technically inclined here. He knows his stuff, maybe he could give you some suggestions on how to resolve your issues. All hail our Megashock Deity 😉

2 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

According to THIS WIKI, Zangief has SIX NORMAL THROWS. With THREE different LOW THROWS. 😍

Bodyslam + elbow drop is neutral LP + LK.

Captured Suplex is b + LP + LK.

German Suplex is f + LP + LK.

Spinebuster (new!) is DF + LP + LK.

Russian Drop (his old Atomic Drop? Seems likely, he did it in his trailer after all) is DB + LP + LK.

Brain Buster (aka the regular Vertical Suplex because the Japanese did confuse the two moves) is D + LP + LK.

FREAKING FINALLY!

lmao, when i seen the vid first thought was " @Miðgarðsorm will love this" 

Seebchars like Sim and Blanka having 3 normal throws is cool too 

Wish Ryu had a third too 🥲 

Surprised Marisa and Honda did'nt got one

Does anyone know how frame data works after a Drive Rush cancel from a normal? I suspect it differs from character to character and is dependent on the button's normal frame data, but is there, say, a rule of thumb in the sense that cancelling from a light is always negative on block and from a heavy always positive? Asking because the whole thing starts giving me preemptive Laura V-Skill nightmares.

15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

lmao, when i seen the vid first thought was " @Miðgarðsorm will love this" 

Seebchars like Sim and Blanka having 3 normal throws is cool too 

Wish Ryu had a third too 🥲 

Surprised Marisa and Honda did'nt got one

Hang on, is there a VIDEO of all his normal throws?
Anyway, Honda with just two normal throws is a travesty. I'm surprised MANON also doesn't have more than two.

But he needs to spend meter to get Oki afterwards now, which should balance it out. In fact I think he looks very reliant on Drive Gauge, at least on paper. Time will tell.

But at least they didn't "pre-nerf" the grapplers after all the hate they've been getting during the SFV era.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Does anyone know how frame data works after a Drive Rush cancel from a normal? I suspect it differs from character to character and is dependent on the button's normal frame data, but is there, say, a rule of thumb in the sense that cancelling from a light is always negative on block and from a heavy always positive? Asking because the whole thing starts giving me preemptive Laura V-Skill nightmares.

IIRC Drive Rush gives you an addition 4F of advantage. @SoneroCan you confirm? You seem to have the most knowledge of the SF6 Battle System.

31 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Not really what you’re looking for but you can watch the part where he goes over Gief’s movelist and watch the samples on the right

LOL Russian Drop is a combo kick + DDT. Old Atomic Drop got shafted (never liked it, but it's strange after Capcom showed him doing it against one of his students during Gief's trailer).
Also, you can CHOOSE whether to add the elbow drop after the bodyslam or not. If you hold the buttons, Gief does the elbow. Splendid.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Hang on, is there a VIDEO of all his normal throws?
Anyway, Honda with just two normal throws is a travesty. I'm surprised MANON also doesn't have more than two.

Yeah forgot Manon, that one surprised me lot too

Specially because even as specials she does'nt have crazy amount of throws, ballet kicks are a suprising huge part of her moveset

7 hours ago, elliephil said:

He was one of my fav designs in sfv as well. I think the hate for sim really began when they introduced v-shift + wake up tk teleport into the game... Capcom said "Oh you didn't like that? Let's double down with even more tools sim can use on defense!" lololol

The hate for him stems from people who get annoyed that they actually have to play smart to get in. I got that same hate for playing Amakusa in SamSho. People want to be able to hit you easily and if they can't, salt flows sometimes.

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

The character themes are what is really off. I don’t see them growing on me.

I thought the same thing about the MVC2 music, now it's legendary. The music in SF6 is still new, but we'll see what happens towards the middle of the game's life. Maybe more people will enjoy it, maybe it'll continue to be polarizing. Either way I'mma continue enjoying it!

12 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I thought the same thing about the MVC2 music, now it's legendary. The music in SF6 is still new, but we'll see what happens towards the middle of the game's life. Maybe more people will enjoy it, maybe it'll continue to be polarizing. Either way I'mma continue enjoying it!

Yeah "Tuna With Bacon" was WTF when the game dropped now everyone loves it. "This is tuna with bacon, this is tuna with bacon, this is tuna with bacon and some fries"  🙃

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC Drive Rush gives you an addition 4F of advantage. @SoneroCan you confirm? You seem to have the most knowledge of the SF6 Battle System.

EvilCanadian mentioned being +4 on a drive rush hit. Think those stack if you get a CH or a whiff punish but I can check in a bit.

Looks like...

On Ryu:

St. lp is +4

Green Dash +8

On CH +6

On Ch Green Dash +1 0

On Punish Counter +8

On PC Green Dash +12

Man fuck my life with this Preppy shit.

I accidentally became a regular in this podcast thingy called TO Talks on twitter. But the guy who runs it really likes me but he was wanting to bring Preppy on. So now I've been trying to tell him that I can't be there but I can't just throw receipts out there because I'm 100% sure Preppy is a fucking crazy person that would do shit if he got exposed the same way other dudes in the scene did.

Now I just sound like a crazy person trying to explain this to the guy without pulling receipts. FML man. I don't think I can legit stay in this hobby. All this shit hitting me like a shotgun of PTSD to the brain.

It sucks.

33 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Just tell dude you aren’t going on with him and don’t elaborate beyond that. You’re grown you don’t need to explain your reasons to anyone.

@SoneroYeah I was going to suggest something similar. Just say that "the two of you don't get along, so it would be a bad idea for us on together." and leave it at that.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Now I just sound like a crazy person trying to explain this to the guy without pulling receipts. FML man. I don't think I can legit stay in this hobby.

I don't think he cares tbh. I talk to those Seattle guys a decent amount and I think he is way too busy and old to be placing targets on people's backs.

This is FANTASTIC.

The first Honda winpose references the 手刀 tegatana, the hand gestures that the winner in a sumō match makes when he wins and accepts the prize for the winner from the referee. Usually there are three strokes, but some wrestlers choose to draw the character 心 kokoro "heart, spirit" in the air, as Honda does here. Also, the custom is to perform the gesture with the right hand, but some wrestlers (most notably the first Mongolian yokozuna Asashōryū, so it could be a direct reference to him) do it with the left hand.

The second winpose references the rare and spectacular instance of a 金星 kinboshi ("gold star")¹, that's to say when a maegashira wrestler (aka one of the lower-ranked wrestlers in the upper division) manages to beat a yokozuna: when such an unexpected victory happens, the audience starts to throw their 座布団 zabuton (cushions) all over the place, both to mock the losing champ and to praise the victorious underdog; although it's an action discouraged by the Japanese Sumō Association, the custom of the 座布団の舞 zabuton no mai ("the dance of cushions") persists. We can see Honda had very low health, so his loss was very likely... That's PERFECT.

You can find various examples of a kinboshi on Youtube. Below is the match between the yokozuna Harumafuji and the maegashira Shōhōzan, who unexpectedly wins against the more expert champion and even starts to cry when he realises what he managed to accomplish:

You can hear the announcer shouting 危険ですから座布団投げないでください Kiken desu kara zabuton wo nagenaide kudasai, "Please do not throw cushions around, it's dangerous", to absolutely no effect lol.

Here's Hakuhō (yokozuna) against Okinoumi (maegashira):

¹ Normally, in sumō a victory is marked with a ☆ 白星 shiroboshi ("white star") and a loss with a ★ 黒星 kuroboshi ("black star"), so a gold star marks a very special victory.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Native Impact or Koji KOG?

I'm not going to let "facts" or the "truth" get in the way of my ever so slightly amusing Hawk jabs - though I'm glad the video helped seal the deal on SF6 for my buddy; he mained Dudley and Hawk and never got into SFV. We used to play IV for hours at a time once over.

Edited by JustBooming
2 hours ago, elliephil said:

I don't think he cares tbh. I talk to those Seattle guys a decent amount and I think he is way too busy and old to be placing targets on people's backs.

Exactly. Gotta make sure it stays that way. Otherwise he got time to do weirdo shit.

23 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

I'm not going to let "facts" or the "truth" get in the way of my ever so slightly amusing Hawk jabs - though I'm glad the video helped seal the deal on SF6 for my buddy; he mained Dudley and Hawk and never got into SFV. We used to play IV for hours at a time once over.

I actually used to follow T.Hawk players because there weren't than many of them and it was fun to see them put in work. I still remember when they buffed Condor Spire in SFIV and people were bitching because Hawk finally had some broken shit. 

35 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I actually used to follow T.Hawk players because there weren't than many of them and it was fun to see them put in work. I still remember when they buffed Condor Spire in SFIV and people were bitching because Hawk finally had some broken shit. 

Same re. Yang players, though I can't remember any. Always thought he was more interesting than Yun, and got battered too soon. 

1 minute ago, JustBooming said:

Same re. Yang players, though I can't remember any. Always thought he was more interesting than Yun, and got battered too soon. 

Obviously I’m not a big name, but I tried really hard to make Yang work in SF4 and I couldn’t I was so garbage with him. Only character I ever played that my mom commented on how much I was losing 😂

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I remember the motion input change cause that's something that almost never changes.  Hawk mains seemed really happy, but I wouldn't ever call that broken by any stretch.

6 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I remember the motion input change cause that's something that almost never changes.  Hawk mains seemed really happy, but I wouldn't ever call that broken by any stretch.

It wasn't really broken IMO. That's what people called it. It allowed T.Hawk to really close the distance. Koji KOG was like a kid in a candy store when it dropped. 

@NeclordI don't know how familiar you are with PCs, so I'll just give some basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Disable gsync on your monitor and in Nvidia control panel
  2. Disable low latency in Nvidia control panel
  3. Make sure vsync is off in games and in the Nvidia control panel
  4. Disable any framerate limits in games and in the Nvidia control panel
  5. Set your monitor to 60hz.  If it's already on 60hz, then set it to the refresh rate of your monitor.  A lot of people buy high refresh monitors and don't even realize they have them set to 60hz instead of the 120hz/240hz they paid for.

Then try playing games.  If there are no more stutters, then work at re-enabling each of these things one by one until you find the culprit.

Ping me in the Megashock Discord if you need help. 

https://discord.gg/qpfdeNnGF2