Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

30 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Unpopular opinion - the priority system in V combined with cruch counter system and fucked up hit/hurtboxes caused way more harm to the game than good 

Unpopular?

23 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I'm still really surprised Capcom hasn't updated the SF6 site with movelists for the characters yet. In the SFV era they'd update the movelist info pretty much as soon as a new character was revealed. It's crazy we're a month and 1 day from launch and we still don't know if Deejay is charge, motion or hybrid

And more importantly, we barely know anything about the new characters.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

How many fighting games have you actually played in your life?

I've played 3, mvc3,sfv, and mkx. 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Unpopular opinion - the priority system in V combined with cruch counter system and fucked up hit/hurtboxes caused way more harm to the game than good 

At least you're honest and say it how it is, an unpopular opinion. 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Bro you played it for 6 months and didn't make it out of bronze, right?

That means you couldn't anti air people, probably didn't block and def didn't know how to use your buttons. Even when it comes to SF4 that isn't exactly correct because characters had proximity normals which made the thing a different affair. You were not going to jab out Sakura when she had a 3 frame fierce.

I shit you not my dude them bronze players I played against ain't no joke, those mofos looked like they could all be top 8 at capcup! 

Edited by Maravilla
1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

That's what I'm talking about. Look at my girl Marisa, what is she? Is she charge? Is she like Ed with 2 buttons? Does she have Zonk Knuckle??? 

The only thing I know about her is that I wanna be smothered to death between her bulging biceps and I've known that since day 1 ffs 

Marisa looks like she doesn't smell good. 😆

On 4/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, -PVL93- said:

Is Chris really trying to gain relevance by beefing with lupe fiasco of all people 

No. Chris is just old school. He's from a time where calling people the f-slur was cool. If you've heard Chris's life story you'll know that SF/Fighting games basically saved his life from utter ruin. Allot of people in the SF community treat LupeVDaigo as the equivalent of the WWE and will tell you to shhhhhh when you point out the obvious. Lupe called out Chris over pointing out the obvious and now he's dodging despite talking allot. Lupe doesn't need to engage if he doesn't want to but Chris wants to make Lupe an example. I think the most you could say is Chris is a nerd and should calm down because it's just a game. But the difference is that Lupe treats his win over Daigo as legit is it's giga fucking corny.

16 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I’m gonna give Capcom the benefit of the doubt and say that SF6 is an attempt to bring everyone into the fold. Casuals, SF3 players, SF4 players, old fans, etc. “Hey remember that thing from SF3, that thing from SF4, that thing from SFV, etc? Well it’s all here, with simpler controls and some extra fun modes to ease you in”.

As for the system itself, I definitely have my reservations but again Capcom is clearly *trying* and the game isn’t even out yet anyway. If I absolutely have to pick something, Drive Impact costing only one bar seems problematic, but again I’m in “wait and see” mode.

Hype train full steam ahead.

They should just do a groove system if they want to do that. I think the game could be good, but mechanic callbacks to earlier games doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence I guess.

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

This is concerning. 

I actually dig the Modern control scheme, because it reminds me of playing the iPhone version of SF4 which had a really good control scheme. It solves a lot of execution issue, but the problem is, not all characters will be viable with it.

Tyrant I'm really sorry your content leaked

But DAMN am I happy to see some hands on with the new characters. I finally saw Marisa's movelist, I'm so happy I could cry. We also see the uppercut special move for the first time not mentioned in the leaks, Dimachaerus. Which is really cool I'm guessing the heavy/EX versions can ground bounce which is sick as fuck

3 hours ago, Volt said:

How does modern controls handle Charge?

This doesn't really concern me, but Guile throwing booms walking forward would give people fits.

Hey volt, can you be a sport and explain to me what's going on on that video and why he found it concerning? 

38 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Hey volt, can you be a sport and explain to me what's going on on that video and why he found it concerning? 

Sure.

As you know, modern controls got simplified inputs. That's really for execution purposes to get casuals involved, but the most important side-effect is that it's hella quicker to press a direction+button than doing whole motions. That literally makes it easier to land things like anti-air DPs.

So basically, their concern is that you can react to things a lot quicker on modern controls. In that video, man straight up reacted to the Drive Impact startup with a raw Lv. 3 for a gorillion damage.

55 minutes ago, Volt said:

Sure.

As you know, modern controls got simplified inputs. That's really for execution purposes to get casuals involved, but the most important side-effect is that it's hella quicker to press a direction+button than doing whole motions. That literally makes it easier to land things like anti-air DPs.

So basically, their concern is that you can react to things a lot quicker on modern controls. In that video, man straight up reacted to the Drive Impact startup with a raw Lv. 3 for a gorillion damage.

Oh ok I get it now, thanks mate. This why you and cipher and that guy that hates strive and plusframes and that flyingve guy are my mains mans!