Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

Blame the devs not the cheatbox on this one is what I'm trying to say

Yeah I know, but they don't do it.

I don't think diagonals have ever been required in any SF game ever, and while I'll let the legacy games on old hardware slide, nowadays they should do it properly.

It bugs me in Strive too. 

Arcsys:

we keep reversal windows tight because we feel that's part of the game.

Also Arcsys:

sure you can super with 2 4 6 Dr Pepper.

Wtf.

11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Finally get to play the demo it sucks being limited to Luke and Ryu but it’s still something lol 

Ryu feels familiar but also has some SF6 sauce which is great.

One thing I’m not liking is whatever the default macros are. Gotta change that asap

I'm using the character guides to pseudo lab. 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

Simple question, in what scenario would drive rush be a good option? 

Drive rush is a dash extension and grants extra frame advantage on hit

So for example with ryu you can do

cr.mk xx drive rush, cr.hp xx heavy palm, tatsu

Edited by Vhozite

I love Hershaur's art and everything but ..... Chun li ain't actually 57, Hershaur knows that right?

SF canon is on one of those "sliding" continuities like the Simpson's, right? I know the old SF bios gave the characters birth years they only meant that relative to SF's own timeline. Chun probably still in her 30's in SF6. 

Still, funny comic tho 

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is actually a major disservice to Chun’s plot. Why couldn’t they just own Chun being the adoptive mother role? Given her loss of a parent, it’s nothing less than poetic for her to become a parent to someone who lost it all too.

But no they are so afraid of aging her. They aren’t so afraid of aging the men. Sadge.

baby steps

they are still ahead of tekken where Nina has only finally turned 24 in Tekken 7, despite like 20+ years going by from tekken 1-7

or like, Ivy doesn't age in SCV cause of THE CURSE OF THE SOUL EDGE or whatever bullshit

The only series I can think of where they actually let a lady age with the times was MKX with Sonya, where she's just in her 40's now and nobody treats her any different.

8 minutes ago, Neclord said:

As expected, sf6 runs kinda bad on mc pc, same as sf5, some weird fuckery probably driver issues that I can't figure out, well time to get a ps5, I need it anyway sooner or later. 🥲

What are your specs?

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is actually a major disservice to Chun’s plot. Why couldn’t they just own Chun being the adoptive mother role? Given her loss of a parent, it’s nothing less than poetic for her to become a parent to someone who lost it all too.

But no they are so afraid of aging her. They aren’t so afraid of aging the men. Sadge.

Her theme is literally called Not a Little Girl and everything we know about her story mentions her older and wiser role.

It could be that Chun just doesn't like to feel old lol.

I, for one, welcome this big "Ara, ara..." energy. 😈

so I got my leverless updated with the up+down = neutch thing and yeah it gives the 639 uppercut in SF6. Before in SF6 it didn't work cause they took that motion out specifically, as in wouldn't give DP's but now its back.

very rarely have I ever felt something cheap or unfair in a fighting game but that motion absolutely is, its so fasttttttttttttt. If someones remotely on the ball you will get DP'ed every fucking time.

16 hours ago, elliephil said:

I love how easy it is to get hitbox enthusiasts riled up. I'm in a discord server and just saying "I think hitbox should be banned" brings up some of the wildest things said about the topic.

"Pad should be banned then too." is up there.

There are some boomer takes for the anti-hitbox crowd, like the people who think playing a hitbox is cheating all probably still think you can hold multiple directions at the same time, as if that wasn't an issue that was fixed ages ago. Imo it's simply a better way to play fighting games and I say that as someone who played stick for 10+ years. 

Edited by DoctaMario
7 hours ago, Daemos said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Chun is sensitive about her age. Her profiles keep her weight a closely guarded secret.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Chun is sensitive about her age. Her profiles keep her weight a closely guarded secret.

Yep, Mika and Laura gave zero fucks about people knowing their weight. Mika IIRC is 154lbs and Laura is 159lbs. Chun probably weighs the same as Mika. Mika's upper body is more built than Chun Li's. And while Mika didn't skip leg day, everyday is leg day for Chun. Hell, don't get me stared on Marisa. If Marisa was pro wrestler her theme music would be Brick House by The Commodores.

3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

baby steps

they are still ahead of tekken where Nina has only finally turned 24 in Tekken 7, despite like 20+ years going by from tekken 1-7

or like, Ivy doesn't age in SCV cause of THE CURSE OF THE SOUL EDGE or whatever bullshit

The only series I can think of where they actually let a lady age with the times was MKX with Sonya, where she's just in her 40's now and nobody treats her any different.

EvilCanadian that isn't fair. We all know Sonya doesn't age....

d175fa5bc4a193f73e8303bf6a3c913e.jpg

17 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Simple question, in what scenario would drive rush be a good option? I mean rush drive is a command dash right? Like kens vskill 1? 

In neutral you can try to use it to catch people by surprise, and since normals and command normals done in Drive Rush have better frame data if you happen to land a hit you can go into a combo. For example, you can combo off Ryu's overhead if you do it out of a Drive Rush, something you can't do normally, and you might be able to catch them blocking low by rushing them down.

In combos I feel like Drive Rush will become the main way to get optimized combos going, because combo potential is pretty limited in SFVI normally, but thanks to Drive Rush and the extra frames it gives you can extend your combos a lot with it, and you can already see the CPU doing just that in the CPU level 8 matches that some people have posted.

42 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

In neutral you can try to use it to catch people by surprise, and since normals and command normals done in Drive Rush have better frame data if you happen to land a hit you can go into a combo. For example, you can combo off Ryu's overhead if you do it out of a Drive Rush, something you can't do normally, and you might be able to catch them blocking low by rushing them down.

In combos I feel like Drive Rush will become the main way to get optimized combos going, because combo potential is pretty limited in SFVI normally, but thanks to Drive Rush and the extra frames it gives you can extend your combos a lot with it, and you can already see the CPU doing just that in the CPU level 8 matches that some people have posted.

Cool thanks. Could it be used as a mixup also? Like drive rush and either do an overhead, low or throw? Or does it not work that way? 

2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Cool thanks. Could it be used as a mixup also? Like drive rush and either do an overhead, low or throw? Or does it not work that way? 

You could definitely use it for something like that, however if you cancel into a Drive Rush from a normal it will cost 3 Drive bars, while doing it raw in neutral will only cost 1 Drive bar. So, you can either try to force a mixup from neutral at a low Drive Meter cost but at the risk of getting interrupted if the guy throws out a normal or something, or you can try to force a mixup by making the guy block something, then cancel that normal in Drive Rush and catch him by surprise, but it's going to be really expensive Drive Meter wise.

9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

You could definitely use it for something like that, however if you cancel into a Drive Rush from a normal it will cost 3 Drive bars, while doing it raw in neutral will only cost 1 Drive bar. So, you can either try to force a mixup from neutral at a low Drive Meter cost but at the risk of getting interrupted if the guy throws out a normal or something, or you can try to force a mixup by making the guy block something, then cancel that normal in Drive Rush and catch him by surprise, but it's going to be really expensive Drive Meter wise.

Ah ok I see, thanks.