Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

19 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Still don't quite understand the instant round start drive rush the Cpu sometimes does, I might have to watch it more closely but it doesn't do the cancel out of a normal and it doesn't enter the party stance fully either

It's a shortcut as @Soneronoted - tap forward then forward again at just the same time as hitting mp+mk. Kinda like a FADC reversed, with the mp+mk on the last frame of the dash.

Edited by JustBooming
2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm on the fence about battle damage. What do you guys think?

It's been a long time since SFII lol.

I personally love it. I love the subtle hint of realism of seeing a little blood, brusing, and tattered clothes after a good fight. It was always wierd to see the SF characters  get tossed around and they look just as clean getting up. Plus, it's a great call back to SFII and SFIII win'/loss portraits.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

You know there will be a bunch of thirsty weirdos talking about how good Cammy/Juri/Chun/whoever look when they're all sweaty and how if Capcom would bottle that sweat, they'd buy it. 

Me:
 Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I can definitely see that the spirit of Street Fighter II is alive and well in SF6. Here are a few things I've considered: looking at the classic costumes, the characters look closer to their SF2 iterations than any other sequel, the fun versus screen with just the characters' faces is something we haven't seen since probably SFA, I mentioned that the super shadows have been brought back, the battle damage feature is returning after a long absence, looks like Capcom is upping the ante with the bonus stages (I mean big rigs and fridges tho?? Lol), the character select screen mirrors the WW8 in SF2, Blanka's and Dhalsim's SF2 stages have returned, shoot even the SF2 movie theme got remixed (again) for the game. I remember that SF4 was supposed to be a reimagined SF2, but it feels like it was derived from other games. SF6 though hits the nostalgia harder. We just need that classic music rearranged for the game. 

Edited by ToreyBeans

Sweaty Cammy with her nostalgia costume doing st.MK will break the internet (again).

Also, I played the demo. Feels good, is fun. Won't bother going any deeper than that until the game comes out so that I can learn its mechanics in tandem with a character of my choice.

11 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm on the fence about battle damage. What do you guys think?

It's been a long time since SFII lol.

After NRS did it in one of their games, I'm good. Asong as it isn't too graphic though..

They should bring back characters vomiting blood on some hits to scare the fuck out of people. Somebody probably brought it up in a team meeting and everybody gave that person the biggest side eye.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

I really don't like battle damage. Can't stand to see women bruised up. Good thing we can turn it off.

It's nice they added it though.

For me battle damage is one of those things where I think it’s a neat idea but I also find it super immersion breaking when done poorly. SF6 keeping it light with a few bruises and some cuts is ok imo.

What I hate when the battle damage is super hardcore and it becomes silly and distracting. Like in Soul Calibur when you can destroy someone’s entire armor set down to their draws which are suddenly made of vibranium. Or in Mortal Kombat where characters are losing enough blood to fill a community pool or get right back up after showing a slo-mo of their skull getting caved in.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

This is really interesting but also a bit less intuitive to me. Gotta get my hands on the game and experience for myself.

I was cool with it until EX Sand Blast wiped out EX Fireball.

Wtf was that? Did Luke always have a stronger EX projectile than usual or what?

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

What's this again? We basically have durability rules again instead of number of hits? 

So an EX fb will simply banish non-EX fbs?

Yeah. Capcom has basically overhauled projectiles in SF6. I think a big motivation for it was to make them useful in a battle system with parries.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
41 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

"grassroots"

Looks like the esports transformation is complete

What's funny is that I've accidentally become a regular on a podcast about being a TO and TOing issues. One of the things I've been hammering is separating the culture of the FGC from the business of the FGC.

Its fucking wild that in any other situation the abuse of a position for personal gain would have a massive line shined at it. Ultimately it makes Combo Breaker a financially feasible enterprise which benefits the community. But holy shit if it isn't a hilariously scummy way to get it.

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Probably gonna be spent lobbying Capcom to keep hitboxes legal even though all they do is create headaches.

i have no issue with hitboxes being legal.  I DO have issue with the diagonal inputs being completely optional in circular motions, and whatever you call that 'crouching DP'  travesty, as if DPs needed to be more powerful. 

But yeah, if you can hit all 5 inputs for a half circle, in order, on a hitbox, by all means, use a hitbox. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks

14 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

i have no issue with hitboxes being legal.  I DO have issue with the diagonal inputs being completely optional in circular motions, and whatever you call that 'crouching DP'  travesty, as if DPs needed to be more powerful. 

At this point, DF, D, DF is the official motion for a dragon punch in SF games.  Think it even works in 3S too. @Dayaan that shortcut works for DPs in 3S, right?

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

At this point, DF, D, DF is the official motion for a dragon punch in SF games.  Think it even works in 3S too. @Dayaan that shortcut works for DPs in 3S, right?

Believe so. Just do DF, DF. That's just as fast and doesn't risk you going to crouch block if you play on stick. All the game needs is a series of inputs to be met within a certain time window. That's why kara demon works. DF, DF gets you forward, down and down forward in that time window. Of course, I could be talking out of my ass on that one. It's been over a year since I've played 3S. Either way, shortcuts exist for the DP in 3S. It's not that powerful. Anti airing in 3S is mechanically easy. Air parry is what makes it difficult to do so.

3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

But yeah, if you can hit all 5 inputs for a half circle, in order, on a hitbox, by all means, use a hitbox. 

Pretty sure that's usually a question of how the game reads inputs rather than the box

In a lot of older games on box I HAVE TO hit diagonals for half circle motions or get nothing. But modern games (especially sfv) have such insane input leniency that it enables all kinds of silly things

Blame the devs not the cheatbox on this one is what I'm trying to say

57 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Pretty sure that's usually a question of how the game reads inputs rather than the box

In a lot of older games on box I HAVE TO hit diagonals for half circle motions or get nothing. But modern games (especially sfv) have such insane input leniency that it enables all kinds of silly things

Blame the devs not the cheatbox on this one is what I'm trying to say

SFV doesn't seem to care about diagonals for some reason. D,F,D,F will give super. In SF4 that wouldn't work but D,DF,D,DF,F did work but not in SFV.

I'm not sure how it works in SF6 yet.