Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

17 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Guys so can you counter a drive impact with a drive impact? Probly not because then nobody would use a drive impact first I guess. 

I'm pretty sure you can.  Raw drive impact loses to anyone with really good reactions.

You can beat drive impact with:

• Throw
  • Parry
  • Super
  • Your own Drive Impact

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

What is the drawback, if any, to using modern controls? Less normals available?

20% less damage, and you lose a bunch of normals.

On 5/3/2023 at 2:46 PM, Sonero said:

Man fuck my life with this Preppy shit.

I accidentally became a regular in this podcast thingy called TO Talks on twitter. But the guy who runs it really likes me but he was wanting to bring Preppy on. So now I've been trying to tell him that I can't be there but I can't just throw receipts out there because I'm 100% sure Preppy is a fucking crazy person that would do shit if he got exposed the same way other dudes in the scene did.

Now I just sound like a crazy person trying to explain this to the guy without pulling receipts. FML man. I don't think I can legit stay in this hobby. All this shit hitting me like a shotgun of PTSD to the brain.

It sucks.

Pull receipts. If Preppy isnt on the up and up, people deserve to know

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, misterBee said:

It looks like if you still do the normal input you get regular damage? I'm wondering if on a character-by-character basis whether or not it's going to be worth using modern controls for instant *insert move* in exchange for less normals. I could see this maybe being the case for turtle playstyles.

5 minutes ago, elliephil said:

It looks like if you still do the normal input you get regular damage? I'm wondering if on a character-by-character basis whether or not it's going to be worth using modern controls for instant *insert move* in exchange for less normals. I could see this maybe being the case for turtle playstyles.

You can still do the motions for special moves and supers and it will do the same damage when it’s done with classic mode

This could be a direct strength over Classic, but I think the loss of normals are huge. Especially since there’s a lot more command normals in this game.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'm pretty sure you can.  Raw drive impact loses to anyone with really good reactions.

You can beat drive impact with:

• Throw
  • Parry
  • Super
  • Your own Drive Impact

Thanks, but wouldn't players just wait till the other player does their drive impact and counter with their own? I mean it's not a command input it's just mashing two buttons. I don't get it. 

20 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Is modern control scheme basically like mvc3 style? L M H and maybe some unique normals?

From what I can tell, pretty much. Here is the control scheme for it.

IMG_9513.png

Holding the bumper gives you three different auto combos depending on which attack button you use.

IMG_9514.png

Special Attacks are done by pressing the special button and a direction. Though it seems you can still do them with regular motions. I can see characters with tons of special moves lose access to them. Ryu himself is missing two specials if you use modern controls.

IMG_9516.png

IMG_9517.png

And it’s confirmed that charge moves still need to be charged in order to use them. No SF4 3D edition here.

Super moves are done with Special + Heavy button. It gets the same damage reduction if you use the simplified input.

IMG_9518.png

8 hours ago, misterBee said:

@NeclordI don't know how familiar you are with PCs, so I'll just give some basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Disable gsync on your monitor and in Nvidia control panel
  2. Disable low latency in Nvidia control panel
  3. Make sure vsync is off in games and in the Nvidia control panel
  4. Disable any framerate limits in games and in the Nvidia control panel
  5. Set your monitor to 60hz.  If it's already on 60hz, then set it to the refresh rate of your monitor.  A lot of people buy high refresh monitors and don't even realize they have them set to 60hz instead of the 120hz/240hz they paid for.

Then try playing games.  If there are no more stutters, then work at re-enabling each of these things one by one until you find the culprit.

Ping me in the Megashock Discord if you need help. 

https://discord.gg/qpfdeNnGF2

Thanks.

I haven't done all of that for the SF6 demo, but I did all these suggestions in SFV and KoF15 a few months ago. After trying 100 different settings, the only thing that managed to fix my issue was number 5. -> setting my 165hz monitor to a 60hz refresh rate. Everything was smooth then for these 2 games.

After reading about the advantages of high refresh rates for fighting games etc. I wanted to try it out because people like Arturo are using 240 or even 480 hz setups for a minimum input delay. But I hoped you can do that without any issues, but when I try any refresh rate higher than 60, fighting games start to look a bit stuttery, the fps is fine and constant at max, but the frame pacing is a little bit off, which bothers me.

My current fix for SF6: I bought a PS5 a week ago. 😅

But I will keep the discord in mind, thank you!

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

You can still do the motions for special moves and supers and it will do the same damage when it’s done with classic mode

This could be a direct strength over Classic, but I think the loss of normals are huge. Especially since there’s a lot more command normals in this game.

Also, I think you can't do that with every special in Modern controls. For example, during the closed beta I tested it with Ryu, and while you could do QCF+Light, Medium or Heavy to determine the strength of the fireball like it was Classic, you couldn't do the same with Donkey Kick. Donkey Kick has a QCF motion like Fireball, and in Modern controls you don't get Punch or Kick buttons, only lights, mediums and heavy, so when you QCF+any button in Modern controls the game will pick the Fireball over Donkey Kick and there's no way to either choose the strength of that special or avoid the 20% damage reduction.

Basically, you can't do specials with classic inputs in Modern controls if they also happen to share the same motion with another special but want kick instead of punch or vice-versa. In that situation the game will prefer one special over another and you can't control it.

I hope that was understandable.

12 hours ago, Neclord said:

Thanks.

I haven't done all of that for the SF6 demo, but I did all these suggestions in SFV and KoF15 a few months ago. After trying 100 different settings, the only thing that managed to fix my issue was number 5. -> setting my 165hz monitor to a 60hz refresh rate. Everything was smooth then for these 2 games.

After reading about the advantages of high refresh rates for fighting games etc. I wanted to try it out because people like Arturo are using 240 or even 480 hz setups for a minimum input delay. But I hoped you can do that without any issues, but when I try any refresh rate higher than 60, fighting games start to look a bit stuttery, the fps is fine and constant at max, but the frame pacing is a little bit off, which bothers me.

My current fix for SF6: I bought a PS5 a week ago. 😅

But I will keep the discord in mind, thank you!

Be aware that in order to make use of high refresh rate you need to be able to maintain a high framerate.

If you want to use a 165hz monitor you need to be running the game at a constant 165fps.

If you want to use a 240hz monitor you need to be running the game at a constant 240fps.

If you are insane and have a 480hz mointor, you need to be running the game at a constant 480fps.

I'm not sure what the issue you were facing was, but it's obviously refresh related.  Too bad you went the console route.  =[

34 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

u watch da video like naend scusbrbficebe

Fuck I hate you these breakdowns make me want to main every character 😭 

You showed that low she has that’s comparable to Vega’s slide and I was all in after that lol. The spin before the hit-grab is also very reminiscent of his V-Skill 1.

In all seriousness tho I really like this character because of your vid if nothing changes this might be my main. Her “function” looks fun and there are a lot of small flavor things I like about the character. 

Edited by Vhozite
6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Fuck I hate you these breakdowns make me want to main every character 😭 

You showed that low she has that’s comparable to Vega’s slide and I was all in after that lol. In all seriousness tho I really like this character because of your vid if nothing changes this might be my main.

gorilla-laughing.gif

"All according to plan" 🐵

3 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I've no idea who to main. In SF4 and Strive I knew even before I played the game who I was gonna play, and I stuck with them the whole time, but SF6... Shit I can't even fall back to basic boy Ryu cause he legit looks more complicated than most of the cast. 

What looks complicated about Ryu? I haven’t paid much attention to him tbh. I definitely share your preference for simpler characters so I’m curious what you think about him.

34 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Be aware that in order to make use of high refresh rate you need to be able to maintain a high framerate.

If you want to use a 165hz monitor you need to be running the game at a constant 165fps.

If you want to use a 240hz monitor you need to be running the game at a constant 240fps.

If you are insane and have a 480hz mointor, you need to be running the game at a constant 480fps.

I'm not sure what the issue you were facing was, but it's obviously refresh related.  Too bad you went the console route.  =[

Yeah I will keep that in mind.

Well I will probably keep checking pc version every once in a while when the game is out and there is a new update or drivers or when I change my hardware. Or maybe some new setting I can try out etc.

But after months of trying to find a satisfying solution (in SFV), I just want to focus on making the most out of my free time. The hours after work are short and that's where the PS5 helps me, because I don't have so many settings that I go insane and don't play the game.

The good thing this time around is also that consoles and pc almost have the same input lag, which is really good.

14 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

hope that was understandable.

Thought I replied to this earlier. And it makes perfect sense. I can see Modern crippling some characters because of this. 

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

For JP: Triglav and Amnesia share an input. Stribog and Torbalan share an input. Departure and Embrace share an input. By default, he will have four moves still, but it could be missing a zoning tool, movement + projectile special, regular projectile, command grab, combo ender, and his only reversal special. That’s crazy to know any of these will be missing.

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What looks complicated about Ryu? I haven’t paid much attention to him tbh. I definitely share your preference for simpler characters so I’m curious what you think about him.

I'm used to Ryu being DP, tatsu, and a fireball.  Add a super fireball and ship it, he's done.

SF6 Ryu has twice as many specials, and they kinda bleed into each other. Two advancing kick specials that both hit high?   A Shock State Install? A diet fireball? A super diet fireball?

I was pretty stoked to try out cancelable stand fierce in footsies, but kept missing it. He's got a command normal on towards fierce and on back fierce. Usually SF is pretty light on command normals outside of overheads, but my boy's fierce feels like a Tekken minigame. 

The sheer number of routes he'll have cause of all these moves especially when multiplied out across all the drive gauge possibilities is insane. And if he's going to be the game's well-rounded, jack of all trades type then he'll have needs for all of it. Every one of those normals and specials will be the cornerstone of some matchup or another.

Cammy looking like the basic bee for this old bean.

14 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Gonna be hilarious if Capcom tried to attract casuals with Modern control shit but ends up damaging the competitive integrity of the game because a slightly lower damage output isn't enough to outweigh the benefits of one button specials and supers 

to be honest this would something i would expect or divide the community like MTG, I know @Sonero@Jion_Wansuknow what i meant like pauper, modern and etc.

multiple control and input option that is tournament okay is already a bad idea, were not talking about a single option that helps someone transitioned but rather 3 options that doesnt give incentive when trying classic while doing the supposed to be handicap option.

it not trying to help a casual to transitioned into CLASSIC controls or doesn't give a casual a mechanical insentive but rather as an alternative and replacement to the usual norm, thats why its an entirely bad idea that can split the community.

Classic only attracts sense is giving more sense of controls and option along with a bit of damage but its entirely different and separate to the two tutorial system like easy and modern. 

there is nothing that within the two supposed to be tutorial system that would urge you to try the traditional classic system which is the bad idea.

any thoughts everyone in a casual sense?