Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I'm excited for Mimi as well, if she is indeed reminiscent of Abel. Rolling through fireballs was always fun.

That does make me think of how fireball zoning vs grapplers will work in SF6. I honestly don't think the parries will be a free get in for them. It looks like the speed and recovery on most fireballs is considerably faster than we're used to, and parrying a fireball doesn't seem to have many direct benefits. You don't gain any ground, don't gain any super meter, and the drive guage refund isn't a whole lot. The biggest benefit seems to be not getting any pushback that you'd otherwise get from blocking the fireball.

6 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Almost hot enough to make up for the fact that she is, and may God forgive me for uttering such a word, French.

French girls are allowed

Wich lead to next question, if Manon is a girl

Possible roster for Street Fighter 6 leaked : r/TwoBestFriendsPlay

last time SF talked about a french judoka "girl" was actually a boy

The original concept for Abel was... different

Sure not likely plot twist, just a possibility

Just Saying GIFs | Tenor

From the new characters i will try Mimi and AKI. 

I actually want a grappler as an alt so Mimi seems to be a nice choice if she is one ( unless they add Laura soon ) . AKI  looks cool-ish so i will at least give her a  try but if she plays anything remotely close to Fang, you can miss me with that.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

French girls are allowed

Wich lead to next question, if Manon is a girl

Possible roster for Street Fighter 6 leaked : r/TwoBestFriendsPlay

last time SF talked about a french judoka "girl" was actually a boy

The original concept for Abel was... different

Sure not likely plot twist, just a possibility

Just Saying GIFs | Tenor

I would actually love some variant of an unassuming short pretty boy who uses Judo. Older than that art but a similar concept would be unique.

The evidence against that being the case with Manon is she seems to have breasts. So she is either a cis-woman or another trans woman like Poison. Nothing wrong with the latter but it would be a little lame at first that Manon has pink hair too.

6 hours ago, HonebamiX said:

The evidence against that being the case with Manon is she seems to have breasts. So she is either a cis-woman or another trans woman like Poison. Nothing wrong with the latter but it would be a little lame at first that Manon has pink hair too.

Yeah i agree, thought the same as you on all hints against it, atm i'm like 90% inclined to think she's a woman, just not the 100 i have for a Kimberly or Lily 

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah i agree, thought the same as you on all hints against it, atm i'm like 90% inclined to think she's a woman, just not the 100 i have for a Kimberly or Lily 

I think she's a 100% female. At first it looks like there's quite a few women among the newcomers but when you realise that only three out of all the returning characters aren't male it kind of makes sense that they went a bit overboard with the new ones to compensate. Would be one hell of a sausage party otherwise.

Someone pictured Arcades here, Mall are still very popular here in the Philippines like they are here and there, I thought it would die in the pandemic but no it's back again

I used to work near by Megamall in 2017, problems with the current FG arcade now is more on Tekken JUST Tekken. Then more of claw crane and driving games, along with those redemption games from China, this trend started like along 2010. And the problem with arcade here is that are already few people know how to fix them unlike before, I know some flew to middle east to be arcade technician because it a good paying job there and arcade center are becoming a big in those countries compare here that those work are looked to be an average.

Street Fighter last went big here was during SF4, SF5 without an arcade release made it a very niche game and least accessible. So the community is very low.

TekkenTag1, MVC2, XvSF and TK5 are still played here most of the time.  kusoge favorites here are SVC and a bunch of KOF games in early 2ks

When I was in grade school I used to live near a grocery before with a cinema and an arcade which is under worlds of fun, and have a membership card that everyday I get 1 token free, simpler times, and arcade were expensive that time like 4 php/peso and most of them were american cabs.

Things change in the late90s arcade scene here and became very accessible, that even an ordinary small homes in the street have 2 arcade cabs hidden in there garage for 1 peso/php per credit. This were tons of smuggled NEOGEO and CPS2 games, sometimes pirated KOF games. Along with the rise of Japanese and HK surplus, They even had latest titles that was just like a few months late from the release. 

This is the most rampant clone arcade cabs here

ksVed35.png

Sometimes this hidden arcade  and console rental shops(PSX, DC, SS and PS2) were raided by the authorities for being illegal because being like a few meters close to a campus. Yet they are mostly ignore not in the same street of a campus. Most of those that arcade machines owners have background on electronics or worked in electronic service. PC gaming was new so they get a pass being near the schools because were seen as something new and more on document work even the posters and everything inside is playing counter strike.

Arcade gaming became so cheap because FPS like Counter Strike is starting to get big here. Arcade here was the urban way of gaming because of being cheap and those that have consoles are mostly in the middle class. While PC gaming that time was new and expensive.  I think S.Korea, Taiwan and China has the same arcade like community here in the late90s being urban and unorganized then mostly pirated.

Nowadays hidden arcade are just being seen in urban communities in provinces and they are just using outdated emulators in an obsolete pc like toaster instead of real arcade machines or clone arcade cabs were there are no technician to fix them so most of them having broken buttons, So they are not worth it anymore to play and try.

Big Arcades are still here but most of them are not worth the time because fighting games in arcade as being the most niche, You'll be lucky to find a decent Tekken 5 and MVC2 cab. I never cared about SHMUPS games, Biggest regret is not able to buy cheap superguns and authentic arcade cab when they are neglected by small arcade owners in 2007-2009 before online marketplace websites became so popular here.

Edited by Shakunetsu

@AriesWarlock i know all these content creators go for clickbait titles and thumbnails. One of the main reasons i never click on those videos.

But people are beyond ridiculous  at times.  

Juri gets what pretty much all others had in the game 5 years later, stuff like  counter hit st.mp x st.hp, people start making titles  like  "juri op" / " must be stopped" / "cheap as hell" and the list goes on. 

They can hold all those L's from her st.mk. 

FVe8-Ew-NUEAE5-Q30.png

Edited by Skort
22 minutes ago, Skort said:

Juri gets what pretty much all others had in the game 5 years later, stuff like  counter hit st.mp x st.hp, people start making titles  like  "juri op" / " must be stopped" / "cheap as hell" and the list goes on. 

I'll never get why she has to store HK Fuha.

That shit is pretty much Ken's MK Tatsu. 🤣

33 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'll never get why she has to store HK Fuha.

That shit is pretty much Ken's MK Tatsu. 🤣

Look, it's hard to make a weak SFV character who also has an invincible reversal, 3 framers, good walkspeed and good pokes, so Capcom tried their hardest and thought: "hmm, what if we made a character kinda like Karin, but she has to do a little dance beforehand every time she wants to do crMK into Tenko".

And that's how you had Juri in SFV.