Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

26 minutes ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Even spaced well I think it's still pretty punishable.

I'm not saying the move is bullshit or that it shouldn't be there. I was just caught off guard by how far it reaches .I was standing fairly far away where I can DP easily, and that thing put me on my ass from a range I wasn't expecting.

It was just wild.

27 minutes ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Even spaced well I think it's still pretty punishable.

It's always very punishable on block, but the thing about it is that it's so fast and hits at such a large range that if you're playing Manon and you notice people who are just walking at mid range without going back to down block then you can pretty reliably get free knockdowns into mixups with her.

I played a Manon mirror match and that slide is like half of the mental game going on.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

How to I redeem the points? I put in the promo code when I placed my order but didn’t get an email or anything 

Edit: No PC included 🙃

Maybe it arrives later? Here's the fine print:

*AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Beginning on 6/2/23 up to the first 20,000 people who purchase a regular-priced entrée item through the Chipotle App or Chipotle.com using the promo code “HDKN236” at digital checkout will receive 1 code (“Code”) redeemable for 250 Fighter Coins in Street Fighter 6. Codes are only redeemable on Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Promotion ends the earlier of 10/31/23 or when all Codes have been claimed. The Code will be delivered to the email address used to place the order and can be redeemed at chipotle-sf6.com. You must have a valid copy of Street Fighter 6 and internet access to use the 250 Fighter Coins benefit. Not valid on orders in store or via third party delivery or ordering platforms. Cannot be combined with any other promotions, coupons, or special offers. Limit: one (1) Code per transaction. U.S. only. 13+. Codes must be redeemed by 10/31/23. Additional restrictions may apply; void where prohibited.

**From 6/2/23-10/31/2023 or while supplies of up to 15,000 codes last, Chipotle Rewards members can redeem 250 Chipotle Rewards points in the Rewards Exchange to receive 1 code (“Code”) redeemable for 250 Fighter Coins in Street Fighter 6. Codes are only redeemable on Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Code will be delivered to the email address associated with your Chipotle Rewards account and can be redeemed at chipotle-sf6.com. You must have a valid copy of Street Fighter 6 and internet access to use the 250 Fighter Coins benefit. Must redeem by: 10/31/23. Subject to Chipotle Rewards terms and conditions. Limit: one (1) Code per transaction. U.S. only. 13+. Additional restrictions may apply; void where prohibited.

***Offer valid for a digital achievement badge when you redeem Chipotle Rewards points in the Rewards Exchange for Fighter Coins or when you use promo code HADKN236 at digital checkout. Presentation of valid Chipotle Rewards account required to earn the offer. Must be opted in with a valid email address to receive email communications from Chipotle.

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Saw sort of an exploit to unlock alternate costumes a tad faster in World Tour mode while browsing youtube. Gonna have to get a bit further in the mode to unlock that part of the city tho so I can see if it checks out

Around the Masters Foundation, there are a tonne of low level NPCs carrying bronze nuggets, if you inspect them you can see those. Gotta beat them in under 9 seconds to get the nugget, but that's the fastest way I've found

45 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

6236 motion will DP not fireball.    😠

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2984583082 

Try starting the fireball motion from down back instead of down. So instead of 6236 try 61236. Overlap like that is why I hate characters with so much shit on the same button/direction.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Try starting the fireball motion from down back instead of down. So instead of 6236 try 61236. Overlap like that is why I hate characters with so much shit on the same button/direction.

Yeah, no. After 35+ years of fireballs I ain't changing.

Two years of Kyle and I am done with that shit.

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yeah, no. After 35+ years of fireballs I ain't changing.

How about trying the fireball as a hcf move? That's helped me in the past with such nonsense. Still a fireball motion, and one that's in your muscle memory.

Edit: I appreciate that it's not a lot different from starting from 1, but mentally mapping the fb in some circumstances to be a hcf has genuinely helped. 

Edited by JustBooming
23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

How you unlock jukebox mode and the tracks? Not a big fan of the music in this besides a few standouts

I heard you’ll need to unlock music with the fighting (battle) passes. I hope that’s not true because while Cammy’s theme is one of the few I really like, listening to it for hours in training mode is going to make me hate it

3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Well this sucks. 

SF6 has the same stupid shortcut input for DPs as Strive.  Found it by accident with Cammy mid-combo, and confirmed with her & Ken in training mode.

6236 motion will DP not fireball.    😠

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2984583082 

It's been that since 4 though, as far as I know.

It was a problem a bunch of character had, and the main reason they changed Juri's DP in SFV from SRK+kick to SRK+punch, so people wouldn't do it on accident.