Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

36 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I'll probably give strive a shot based off the characters and the visuals alone. The game is gorgeous.  Imma need capcom to step it up as far as black/brown characters.  Tekken and most recently strive have been doing great at it.

Y'all some cowards I tried to get games last night.

Nobody in the sfv lounge actually plays sfv or likes it😂.  

My dude we literally play all the time....

48 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Aries post deserves a heart because Vanessa is a top tier FG waifu.

Haters can stay mad.

Also, anybody else get Eurythmics/Bowie vibes from Giovanna?

I'm pretty sure hating on Vanessa is a permaban. If not it should be 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
24 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Oh dip! Whatta deal! Is this legit???

Edit: hmmmm I guess it's US only? I'm in canada, I think it's saying it's only for US. Which is weird cuz we're still NA...

Edited by Jocelot
59 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I'll probably give strive a shot based off the characters and the visuals alone. The game is gorgeous.  Imma need capcom to step it up as far as black/brown characters.  Tekken and most recently strive have been doing great at it.

Y'all some cowards I tried to get games last night.

Nobody in the sfv lounge actually plays sfv or likes it😂.  

Me but I'm all the way in Singapore. 

@Darc_Requiemoh didn't know there's an mma thread here. That's nice! 

Edited by Edmund
12 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Edit: hmmmm I guess it's US only? I'm in canada, I think it's saying it's only for US. Which is weird cuz we're still NA...

https://www.eneba.com/us/psn-playstation-network-card-psn-365-days-usa-psn-key-united-states

From what I have read, US card codes can be redeemed in Canada

PSN membership codes (i.e. time) work between Canadian and US account (can use either).

PSN cash card (dollar amount) do NOT work between US and Canadian accounts.

16 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Hey fam, just bought one. I can PM you the code. If it doesn't work let me know. I'll just use it to extend my subcription.

Edit: Check your messages.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
47 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

https://www.eneba.com/us/psn-playstation-network-card-psn-365-days-usa-psn-key-united-states

From what I have read, US card codes can be redeemed in Canada

Ahh well for some reason I wasn't able to redeem the code Darc sent me, maybe the site isn't CAD-compatible after all. Or maybe I just got unlucky, who knows.

Thanks anyways for trying to help, guys. I appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, Flighflighflugit said:

Nagoriyuki gameplay looks cool. Liking the big normals. Think I heard his blood mechanic is actually a bad thing and you want to keep it from getting full or else you'll go into berserk mode. Probably has some more interesting things involved with his meter 

Ahh, that would make sense too, it would explain his crazy red eyed blood lust looking mode from his trailer back in august. Maybe its like when you OD with Aba in XX and you gain some power but you lose the ability to block or something. 

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

Shit

Lol, whatever dude.

The only think i know is that i wouldnt be buying it or playing it, neither i will be organizing tournaments for it.

This game single handly killed my interestest on helping my Scene.

The game is definition of antihype, pure spectacle, gameplay be damn.

Like a regression of all the good design choices they had in all they other games.

Like how they have a snow stage that obstructs the characters and actions they do.

Fucking disgusting.

1 hour ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Make room for Giovanna so that she can shake everybody down in SFV like its Yakuza 0. 

I need to do a bit more research on GG Strive... Haven't necessarily been keeping up with it and I probably should. 

She looks realy interesting, she seems to have Lightning Legs as one of her moves.

She might also be either a Cop/Special Agent/Detective, she got a badge on her belt.

I do wonder how her Wolf is incoorperated in the game, so far it looked to mainly just be there and help with some of her moves.

Defintily look into her, but my focus will be Ram for sure.

Also why are there no Melty or BBCF Threads?

Can I just make them? Might gather some infos for the OPs and just start them.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

She might also be either a Cop/Special Agent/Detective, she got a badge on her belt.

She's the bodyguard to the US President.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Also why are there no Melty or BBCF Threads?

Can I just make them? Might gather some infos for the OPs and just start them.

Because up until recently this place had less than 10 active users.  Feel free to make them now! 🙂

24 minutes ago, misterBee said:

She's the bodyguard to the US President.

Because up until recently this place had less than 10 active users.  Feel free to make them now! 🙂

I wonder if Sol punched the President in his 200 years on this planet.

21 minutes ago, Skort said:

I like how the SFV thread continues tradition ported from SRK forums to discuss pretty much anything from pizza to plumbing jobs.

Good times.

You mean how this thread discusses everything but SFV.

That is indeed a interesting tradition.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You mean how this thread discusses everything but SFV.

That is indeed a interesting tradition.

20 minutes ago, Skort said:

I like how the SFV thread continues tradition ported from SRK forums to discuss pretty much anything from pizza to plumbing jobs.

It's weird because it's like having 2 GD threads...but since people seem have gotten used to this I'm just gonna let it rock.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

It's weird because it's like having 2 GD threads...but since people seem have gotten used to this I'm just gonna let it rock.

That is because on srk the sfv section had its own lounge.  (i am guessing because some folks didnt really like to venture to other sections.)

Some people still confuse that because it was on the sfv section, its purpose was to talk about sfv, when it was the offtopic, any subject thread. 

For the sfv talk you had all the other threads over there specific to the subject, chars, matchmaking, lore, etc. 

I think the SFV lounge on SRK was legitimately about the game early on and just had a lot of shit posts. But lots of people not liking the game, the long lulls with nothing game related to discuss, and almost every other game related topic being dead eventually it just became another GD. 

Personally I wouldn’t mind if this topic was restricted just to SFV talk. But as mentor here isn’t much to discuss (or much interest) and the off topic posts are basically tradition at this point. 

41 minutes ago, Skort said:

Good times.

We could have an intellectual conversation on why Juri looks hot as fuck in that AV of yours and why she is such an interesting character from both game play and as a character. Let alone in SFV... 

31 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I think the SFV lounge on SRK was legitimately about the game early on and just had a lot of shit posts. But lots of people not liking the game, the long lulls with nothing game related to discuss, and almost every other game related topic being dead eventually it just became another GD. 

Personally I wouldn’t mind if this topic was restricted just to SFV talk. But as mentor here isn’t much to discuss (or much interest) and the off topic posts are basically tradition at this point. 

Nah, it was made specifically because people wanted an offtopic thread on that section because some didnt want to post on gd since they didnt know the gd regulars or were mocked/rosted by the regulars. 

It became a thing when sf4 came out. 

Where the most active sections got lounges of their own because gd was were most ogs and premium section regulars posted, and it was common that they were shooed away because everyone was more abrassive on gd. 

When sfv came out, it was simply the norm by then.

Fg discussion had its own lounge to talk whatever as well, besides the multiple threds for games and more in depth fg discussion threads. 

You can check it out.