Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

After years of collecting hard earned FM, I spent it all on Sethette. Don't regret, Seth was obviously great from the start.

Just didn't bother learning Seth though. Might take a minute later on today to put hands on some of y'all. Gotta practice DP motions in ST again because I couldn't do them worth a salt when I played Dayaan and Matt Plus Crimson.

Kinda embarrassing TBH.

@Volt That one hurt for me too but he was in the same character pass as Sakura, Falke and Cody. Like ordering a number 1 at McDonald's for a Big Mac, fries, drink, and a dog turd wrapped in seaweed. I just tossed that last bit in the trash where it belongs and happily consumed everything else.

17 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

@Volt That one hurt for me too but he was in the same character pass as Sakura, Falke and Cody. Like ordering a number 1 at McDonald's for a Big Mac, fries, drink, and a dog turd wrapped in seaweed. I just tossed that last bit in the trash where it belongs and happily consumed everything else.

Is Sagat the seaweed? 🤣

Oh and G was in that character pack too. G is like you're eating your Big Mac, then a shiny golden Abe Lincoln bust through the wall Kool-Aid Man style, gives a wonderful, inspiring speech, and then while you're overcome with emotions and applauding enthusiastically, he punches you in the dick and steals your fries.

9 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Oh and G was in that character pack too. G is like you're eating your Big Mac, then a shiny golden Abe Lincoln bust through the wall Kool-Aid Man style, gives a wonderful, inspiring speech, and then while you're overcome with emotions and applauding enthusiastically, he punches you in the dick and steals your fries.

Speaking of G, which newcomers from V do y'all want to see return in 6?

And who do you want to never show up again?

Edited by Volt

I am one of the rare people that actually didn’t mind most of the newcomers for this game. FANG, G, Menat, Kolin, Zeku, and Rashid (I like him, just hate fighting him) are characters I hope to see in a future game. Necali was wasted and Kage was trash from the start so I won’t be sad to see them go. Everyone else is someone I wouldn’t mind but not really excited for.

I might be the only one but I'd really like them to make another stab at Falke in a sequel. Maybe a little less stiff and intentionally limited, with some more fluid and acrobatic attacks and mobility.

Kolin feels like a series mainstay, Menat is cool but they should separate her from Rose's moveset more, Zeku is awesome, G is awesome and I think removing V-trigger robbery would go a long way towards increasing his popularity.

Agree with above. I'd also be happy for V's take on Seth and Poison to become the new base for those characters. Juri's 4 version was definitely more interesting to me though, ofc.

Bit of a tangent, I think Zeku and Guy (being a former Guy main for a while), as well as Hugo and Abigail could exist in the same game, but I can't see it happening - Guy and Hugo aren't nearly as irreplaceable as loads of the cast in terms of popularity, devs would def get some "wasted slot" crap. 

Edited by JustBrowsing
33 minutes ago, Volt said:

I don't really mind any of the newcomers.

I wouldn't say I hate them but I would not be sad at all if we lost ed,falke, and  abigail though

I like Lucia, G, Menat, Zeku and Laura is kinda okay too. And then Kage which was a huge improvement to what edge shoto clones counterpart compare to the past games that is likely overpowered version of the other or a character that is simply a boring palette .

If returning Zeku, Lucia and Menat.

Edited by Shakunetsu
28 minutes ago, Volt said:

Laura and Kolin are the most standout newcomers to me. They aren’t reworked expy’s of other characters and they feel unique without being a science experiment to push certain game functions to the extreme. They also have personality and lore connections to other characters. 

The rest are just ok at best and imo shouldn’t be seen outside V without at least some kind of revision. For example I don’t want to see FANG in another game until makes his Poison actually meaningful. The only character I think should never be in another game under any circumstances is Abigail. Imo his size disrupts the flow of the game too much.

One thing I think should also be discussed is redesigned characters, since in a way they are half new characters. Like Nash and Seth are A+ work from Capcom on breathing new life into characters, and imo those reworks should be the foundation these characters are built on in future games. The only rework I think is straight awful is Juri...obviously I want her in future games but based on her 5 design which is imo a complete failure in every aspect.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Lucia

See I don’t understand how anyone can say this. She is one blandest characters in the game by far, imo surpassed only by Necalli. Her flame motif looks ripped straight from Ken and her “unique” fireballs are SF4 Juri’s but “can I copy your homework? Yeah but make it different so the teacher doesn’t notice”. 

Even her visual design is as low effort as possible. White blonde like half of SFV roster and a borderline fetish-wear “uniform” meant to show skin instead of be visually interesting. 

Character feels like a reverse Seth situation where the only ready she isn’t blasted as the worst design in the game is because of thirst. 

They could still improved on her or even radically changed her and people wouldn't care unlike popular SF2 and Alpha characters that were stuck because of them being popular and recurring throughout generation of SF titles.

She like the Final Fight's SF3 New Generation of character representative.

Edited by Shakunetsu
42 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Laura and Kolin are the most standout newcomers to me. They aren’t reworked expy’s of other characters and they feel unique without being a science experiment to push certain game functions to the extreme. They also have personality and lore connections to other characters. 

The rest are just ok at best and imo shouldn’t be seen outside V without at least some kind of revision. For example I don’t want to see FANG in another game until makes his Poison actually meaningful. The only character I think should never be in another game under any circumstances is Abigail. Imo his size disrupts the flow of the game too much.

One thing I think should also be discussed is redesigned characters, since in a way they are half new characters. Like Nash and Seth are A+ work from Capcom on breathing new life into characters, and imo those reworks should be the foundation these characters are built on in future games. The only rework I think is straight awful is Juri...obviously I want her in future games but based on her 5 design which is imo a complete failure in every aspect.

I sorta agree. I'm obviously biased since I main Kolin but I would def love to see her comeback. Chances are she'll lose allot of the shit she has in V in favor of whatever knew gimmick 6 has. 

The blood and tears over the slow drip reveal of the SF6 roster is gonna be  fucking beautiful lol

From the newcomers i can see Zeku, Laura G, Kolin and Menat becoming staples in the franchise. 

Zeku for example covers the niches that Gen left now that is oficially dead. 

The old master and the dual stance character...

... Then add that people are shipping him hard with Laura, apparently due their interactions via post match screen😂

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I just hope that Juri gets a few damage and frame data buffs in the next Season so that Juri can rat-ta-ta-tat dat ass. 

As a Juri main since forever i can tell you my friend that the most you hope for when it comes to Juri in SF 5 is that other characters get nerfed. 

Real talk ? Juri is not low tier in SF 5 , she hovers around mid. Decent spot, just does not play SFV and you actually have to use your brain when you use her.  

Though she got some really good changes in USF$ that was the final version of  SF4 so who knows maybe in SFV as well in last season. 

Best girl regardless, no matter the tier list. Juri duty forever.

Edited by Skort
2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

From the newcomers i can see Zeku, Laura and Menat becoming staples in the franchise. 

Zeku for example covers the niches that Gen left now that is oficially dead. 

The old master and the dual stance character...

... Then add that people are shipping him hard with Laura, apparently due their interactions via post match screen😂

Laura done caught herself a grappling bud. 

4 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I sorta agree. I'm obviously biased since I main Kolin but I would def love to see her comeback. Chances are she'll lose allot of the shit she has in V in favor of whatever knew gimmick 6 has. 

The blood and tears over the slow drip reveal of the SF6 roster is gonna be  fucking beautiful lol

Gameplay wise i consider Kolin one of the better additions to SFV, but her v-trigger 2 is beyond dumb and her st hp plays neutral for her with 1 button ( that thing should not CC ). 

From the SF girls added  in V i hope she is the one that returns as well.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

As a Juri main since forever i can tell you my friend that the most you hope for when it comes to Juri in SF 5 is that other characters get nerfed. 

Real talk ? Juri is not low tier in SF 5 , she hovers around mid. Decent spot, just does not play SFV and you actually have to use your brain when you use her.  

Though she got some really good changes in USF$ that was the final version of  SF4 so who knows maybe in SFV as well in last season. 

Best girl regardless, no matter the tier list. Jury duty forever.

What you are to Juri is what I was to Mai, specifically in KOF XIII. I could write a novel about that game. 

In KOFXIV, I got somewhat lucky. 

6 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Laura done caught herself a grappling bud. 

I wasnt even aware of how popular is the couple until i saw a lot of fanart of them being posted on one of my servers. 

Apparently Laura says to Zeku that she actually likes older men, so he doesnt need the younger look tricks. 

And Zeku mentions that she she is a dangerous seductress that can make him fall easily or some shit like that, lol. 

Edit

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Juri...obviously I want her in future games but based on her 5 design which is imo a complete failure in every aspect.

She will be in all Street Fighter games from now on because her image is just to good. And yes i am a Juri fan and i say this but it's facts regardless. 

As for her SF 5 gameplay redesign the facts are that it's not bad , BUT it was most definitely not needed because her SF 4 design was so unique and good but her V redesign is undertuned in pretty much every part just so she can't shine.

She's here to stay though.

juri-enters.gif

Of the SFV newbies, I can see Menat, Laura, Rashid, and G being series stables. Ed and Falke have a chance when Capcom decides to move on from Shadowloo as the series villains. Kolin is a possible regular if they want to her in her current role as a low key villainess working for a bigger bad. Zeku strikes me as a fellow who will be in every other game. I can only see Lucia back if Capcom needs to fill their Final Fight quota for a SF game. Necalli and Abigail are mistakes. Don't being them back ever. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
  • Laura = can sell costumes good she will return
  • Menat = umh, maybe
  • Rashid = actually liked him in the story but his gameplay is cancer. Undecided if he will return or not
  • Kolin = i wouldn't mind seeing her back.Just ease down on the  7gb file size that her nose has
  • G = this character represents most things wrong with SFV and tbh, i just don't want to see this fucker ever again in another SF game
  • Zeku = actually cooler than Guy but i think SF6 will have Guy instead ( i don't mind Guy ) 
  • ED  = 😂
  • Falke = cute but i don't see her returning
  • Necalli = 🤣
  • Abigail =  I want him to be in a game where zoning is overpowered 
  • Lucia = i don't see her returning in future games tbh
  • Waifu Seth = i admit i like the visual design, i would like "her" back
  • Kage = nah, hard pass
  • Fang = i can see this dude returning because he is now ,apparently a big boss of Shadaloo as well