Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Story wise characters that seem a big waste imo are several but  i have to point out Gill.

Story wise in SF 5 he seemed to random, to rushed and not needed to be added as a DLC without some meaningful result. 

Will he play a role in SF 6  ? Who knows but he was thrown in here too random, even though he got teased in the actual SFV story ending ( credits scene )

8 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

That kind of reminds me, I wonder if there is going to be a follow up on the Story of SFV itself now that there are so many new characters and premises. 

Of all stories, NeoShadaloo is perhaps the only one that could return, the other stories feel like after thoughts that will be barely explored on arcade endings.

The Necalli one was subpar that i wouldnt be surprised if they just throw it on the garbage bin alongside the character.

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

What even is Necalli’s story outside of being a boss character? (Is he a boss?)

He was supposedly an acient beng that awakens during certain times of heavy conflict for humanity and proceeds to devour the strongest warriors.

Then he preoceeded to get rekt left and right by everyone, because capcom doesnt have the testicular fortitude to actually make the character a threat by actually devouring some of the characters, hence making him a meme and a joke

The ultimate jobber.

23 minutes ago, Skort said:

Story wise characters that seem a big waste imo are several but  i have to point out Gill.

Story wise in SF 5 he seemed to random, to rushed and not needed to be added as a DLC without some meaningful result. 

Will he play a role in SF 6  ? Who knows but he was thrown in here too random, even though he got teased in the actual SFV story ending ( credits scene )

Gill story wise after the cinematic was pretty weird. I assume he would be staying in the shadows for a while longer only for him to appear on G’s very popular livestream. I guess it was to make himself appear affable by attaching himself to a growing star, but I don’t know.

All that aside, I did like what V did with Gill’s character. His portrayal in 3 was very basic and very much ‘I am your god!’ with nothing else I like how they made him seem genuinely kind with some of his win quotes and saving Kolin in her story. I’m interested to see what they do with him in future games.

I still can't believe Necalli ended up being as dry as is, gameplay wise and story wise. Ancient warrior Pillar man who can eat hadou? Awesome. Then the story comes along and the craziest thing he did was look like a sheep and then jobbed to Ryu who wasn't even the main character in the story mode. And his gameplay is kinda dry. You'd think a dude with a dunk command grab, Berserker Barrage and SS3 transformation would be super cool but not really. He's solid, sure, but in safest of ways.

He's also the first character I've seen, in my personal history of fighting games, where people drop him because he's too boring. That still just baffles me. I've never seen people drop a perfectly solid character like Necalli because he's too vanilla lol. Ahh well.

11 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

He's not a boss. V doesn't have a boss. That's why I'm convinced the final DLC for SFV will be the actual final boss of the game.

Vanilla boss was Necalli.

Arcade, or whatever update was the one that added the gaugy gold coat has G as its boss.

The problem is that is not reflected at all in the story at all.

And G works more like a bonus boss battle in arcade mode since the bosses depend of the SFV they  are mimicking.

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

I still can't believe Necalli ended up being as dry as is, gameplay wise and story wise. Ancient warrior Pillar man who can eat hadou? Awesome. Then the story comes along and the craziest thing he did was look like a sheep and then jobbed to Ryu who wasn't even the main character in the story mode. And his gameplay is kinda dry. You'd think a dude with a dunk command grab, Berserker Barrage and SS3 transformation would be super cool but not really. He's solid, sure, but in safest of ways.

He's also the first character I've seen, in my personal history of fighting games, where people drop him because he's too boring. That still just baffles me. I've never seen people drop a perfectly solid character like Necalli because he's too vanilla lol. Ahh well.

I have to say that i fucking hate his character desing, something about his posture, and the way that his feet dont seem to touch the floor irks me, like it detonates some kind of OCD i didnt knew i had, lol

I never really thought of SFV having a boss, considering it didn't even launch with one. Arcade and Story weren't even there. Adding a new character later and calling HIM the boss seems lame. 

If anything, I still think of Bison as a boss because he was always at the end of Survival mode. 

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but, to me, if the boss is playable they're not really a true boss. Gill was a true boss in 3S. Or Kronika. Or Motaro. 

They gotta have shit that would be way too cheap for any real player to get ahold of. 

Edited by M A R T I A N
33 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Is that  modded or the usual SF proportions?,, 🤔

Technically, it's a costume mod (with the Chun-Li Alpha Easter Egg Version of the costume), so proportions could've been changed as well. 🤤

32 minutes ago, Skort said:

G most definitely is not the final boss of the game despite what Capcom pulls out of their ass.

He lacks the personality to be a boss.He comes out as a clown and his speeches are cringe worthy. 

Bison or Gill.

Seth ? He out in the mall shopping for a dress and make up.

My vote would be M Bison as the final boss of the game, and Gill mainly serves as a precursor to being SFIII's boss.

I feel Necalli had potential to being a final boss character, if the story wasn't about the fall of Shadaloo. He's too mysterious to just be jobbed by everyone. I feel bad for him

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

His character story had potential and they completely squandered it. He's not even the boss. According to the developers. G is the boss of SFV.

L M A O.

They can't be serious. G is a literal "Who?" in V's story. I thought they were setting him up for 6 as either a major player or boss.

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

That kind of reminds me, I wonder if there is going to be a follow up on the Story of SFV itself now that there are so many new characters and premises. 

Nope. 

They leaving a ton of plot threads hanging for SF6.

That will obviously go very bad because whoever was responsible for SFV's Story Mode is nothing but a HACK and if they come back for 6, it'll get bungled beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Cammy.

At least Necalli has the dunk and SSJ3. Cammy is pretty much a chunk of cardboard with a nice ass.

28 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

SRK died and this place still lives? WTH?

Ayyyy, what's up Bea?

We dropped SRK harder than I drop FGs and came here.