Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Let's give you 4 months to beat Daigo

This isn't about me. I'm an old man who started too late and is a lost cause. 

But in all honesty, silverhammer (or whatever his tag is) was who I was cheering for last year. I guess he had only been playing about a year and I liked that he played Urien. Also, the juul hanging out of his mouth had me in stitches

Edited by KingTubb
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

This isn't about me. I'm an old man who started too late and is a lost cause. 

But in all honesty, silverhammer (or whatever his tag is) was who I was cheering for last year. I guess he had only been playing about a year and I liked that he played Urien. Also, the juul hanging out of his mouth had me in stitches

Steelhammer. He's been playing for 15 years. He's always got a Juul in, and even modded some cabs to include a Juul charger. That's just how he is.

Just now, KingTubb said:

Wait, what? That jabroni was saying in interviews he had only been playing 3s for a year! 

What the? No he hasn't. Maybe he meant this is his first year of Jazzy? That sounds likely. But he said in the 3S documentary that he has been playing for 14 years, and the documentary was footage from last year's Defend the North. That'd be 15 now. I can recheck, but if you want an example, I'm approaching my first year of 3S, and I've got the best and most efficient training you can get for one year of 3S. And... I can't beat about 90% of the people in the Jazzy Circuit. They're way too strong. Definitely more than a year from him.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I need to test it against someone I know it decent distance away to be sure. I didn't have any netcode issues on PC or PS4. I'll know for sure the next time I lounge with @SoneroHe was the only 3 bar in the last lounge session I had. Even then his connection wasn't bad. 

How many gigs is SFV again? I can install it so we can test.

1 minute ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Was sorta hoping the matchmaking would be reverted to what it was prior to the Mar update. 

What's funny is I got paired with Comeback Kid (Cali Honda) last week out of nowhere. It was early in the AM, so the game is probably likely to match you up regardless of distance if there aren't too many online. 

You wanna try playing some games and see if our connection got better?

1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

The weirdest part about that scene is that Cammy looks really hot so I get a lot of mixed emotions due to the murder and the boner.

Will they ever top that SF anime movie? In fairness I didn't watch a lot of stuff past that.

You didn't miss anything. SF2 V started off well and descending into trash territory. The Alpha movies were just plain bad. SF2 The Animated Movie is still the best animated Street Fighter....unless you are @Skort, the Juri OVA is the best. That said, the Juri OVA has the best fight choreography since SF2: TAM. The best SF movie I've seen since SF2:TAM is Assassin's Fist. Coincidentally, I own both SF:TAM and Assassin's Fist on Blu Ray.

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The director states this will be the most accurate game to movie transition so far. What do you think?

Iirc, MonHun has a basic bitch story and it's really a game about making weapons to kill big things, so I think even Hollywood can't fuck this up. 🤣

Famitsu talks about Strive. Shows a sneak of Ky going Gear in a (new?) overdrive and more of the lobby everyone hates.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

It also states that the lobby with do away with normal ranking. The floors showing the difference of players, so same thing really. 

As long as there is a quick queue and the lobby works better than the beta, I don’t really mind.

Edited by BornWinner
Just now, BornWinner said:

They already added the American military and had them go through a portal to the MH world, so yeah. This is going to be fucked.

I think we should rob America of all filmmaking equipment and give them to Eastern and European companies so we can start getting good blockbusters.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

The director states this will be the most accurate game to movie transition so far. What do you think?

1. Mila doesn't look convincing in this roll at all.

2. It's literally an Isekai anime 

3. GuArDiAnS oF tHe GaLaXy

4. T.I. is in this for some reason

5. Doesn't give a sense of wonder like the MonHun games do it feels like Starship Troopers  

6. You know they aren't closing the gate because the post credit stinger has to tease a sequel for when the monsters invade California and wreck the Golden Gate Bridge.

7. Mila vs fucking Rathalos what in the god damn fuck LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a break from work to try SFV and the netcode felt great. I played 3 casual sets, all 4 bars, and didn’t experience any lag at any point. I found all of the opponents in like 2 minutes on average, searching for PS4 only, 4-5 bar connections. One person seemed to be very local based on their flag and dojo, but one dude had a Vietnamese flag and it felt great (of course, they may not be in Vietnam). Every match was on The Grid, which helps, but yeah, the game felt perfectly fine... i could have just gotten lucky though.

@KingTubb are you up for some matches tonight? Like maybe around 8 or shortly after? Im curious to try with you especially because of how shit our connection was last time we tried.

Edited by Mattatsu
8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Took a break from work to try SFV and the netcode felt great. I played 3 casual sets, all 4 bars, and didn’t experience any lag at any point. I found all of the opponents in like 2 minutes on average, searching for PS4 only, 4-5 bar connections. One person seemed to be very local based on their flag and dojo, but one dude had a Vietnamese flag and it felt great (of course, they may not be in Vietnam of course). Every match was on The Grid, which helps, but yeah, the game felt perfectly fine... i could have just gotten lucky though.

@KingTubb are you up for some matches tonight? Like maybe around 8 or shortly after? Im curious to try with you especially because of how shit our connection was last time we tried.

At some point we can kick it and see how it holds up. If we can play a few sets without it turning into a desynced rollback clusterfuck we'll know they made some actual improvements. 

10 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

At some point we can kick it and see how it holds up. If we can play a few sets without it turning into a desynced rollback clusterfuck we'll know they made some actual improvements. 

Sounds good!

Generally speaking, the connection be fine, but we’d get hiccups like 10% of the time, right? Did we ever try with the new netcode from the beginning of this horrible year? I’m sure we did, i just don't remember the results (I’m sure they were awful lol)

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Its been so long since we played, i actually don’t remember how it was, despite playings hundreds of matches with you, lol!

i think generally it was fine, but we’d get hiccups like 10% of the time... did we ever try with the new netcode from the beginning of this horrible year?

There was a time there where it seemed like things were mostly fine. But I remember the last few sets - I'll call it the "Rise of Sagat Era ~ Requiem" - the desyncs would get progressively worse until at least on my end some of the matches would be quite rollback-y. Sort of the classic case of how SF5's netcode melts over time.

I don't think we ever tried it with the "improved ""netcode"" ". That was right about when I was at the peak of my hiatus from FGs and with how inconsistent the reports were of the results it didn't really motivate me to dust the game off. 

I should be available tonight if you want to give it a crack. I need some time to get something back into muscle memory but I'll probably have time to do that well enough that I won't be a complete flailing mess (no promises on that though).