Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Is that game a side scroller? Huh. I always thought it was some weird Omega version of Accent Core. 

Isuka was a weird experiment that allowed a 4 free for all, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 1 and well, 1vs1 .

The control scheme was a little contrived, but it allowed for some really fun dumb shit.

It also was the 1st game to introduce a beatem up side scroller mode/game to GG, which served as the way to unlock moves for Robo Ky MkII that you.

Its bosses were a Giant Robo Ky, Kakusei (Awaken) Sol and Kakusei Ky, which both were in permanent Dragon Install mode, and had special moves exclussives to them.

The mode by itself was kind of meh, but it was later expanded into GG judgement.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Do you think their sales have anything to do with them being a western developer and the west being their target market?

Cause I was thinking, the best selling fighting game of this generation not named Mortal Kombat is DBFZ. Dragon Ball is huge in the west, and people wanna shoot the pew pews from their hands and scream and turn yellow and shit

Starting with the forgotten PS2/GC/XB era MK games, single player modes became a big focus for MK games. This allowed the games to continue sell well when stalwart titles like Street Fighter faded away for a decade. MK never went  away, games released every 2 to 3 years. This was in spite of the fact that Midway went bankrupt. Only MK Armageddon, a game created mostly from Deadly Alliance/Deception assets, lacked a proper story mode. MK couldn't rely purely on the violence factor. They struck a cord with single player content and ran with it.

Side note: Unless I'm mistaken, Tekken, not SF or MK is the best selling fighting game franchise. 

Edit: Strong single player content is something that both Tekken and MK had in common. Maybe that's why neither franchise went to hiatus. Just supposition on my part though.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Also posted in the GG thread

That sequence of Sol  tagging in Ky with the release date trailer? It is part of some mode. However it is PS5 exclusive.

spacer.png

No mention of Steam since this was taken from PSN but it is for sure not available for PS4.

Hol up what?

Multi-Player probably gonna work like DBFZ's implementation. Cool stuff, but I don't really get why it's not on PS4.

Just now, Shahenzan said:

PS4 probably cant handle three or more strive characters on screen. I'm impressed it runs on PS4 at all with how fuckin sweet it looks

Yeah, I finally watched the trailer and figured it was that.

The story teaser is a bit interesting. I wonder if they'll free up that clown looking nutjob that was the main antagonist of Revelator since they showed her locked up. Could be a story unlock.

More importantly, it looks like even NPCs are going to have Millia-tier asses.

unknown.png

Most impressive. Truly a bright new future for fighting games.

17 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

PS4 probably cant handle three or more strive characters on screen. I'm impressed it runs on PS4 at all with how fuckin sweet it looks

I dunno, possibly, but from what I can tell Xrd, DBFZ and Granblue aren't very GPU/CPU intensive. I feel like the PS4 could probably handle it, considersing it (kinda) handles 6 players all at once in DBFZ.  That game has a ton of models on screen at the same time constantly . 

Edited by M A R T I A N
3 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I dunno, possibly, but from what I can tell Xrd, DBFZ and Granblue aren't very GPU/CPU intensive. I feel like the PS4 could probably handle it, considersing it (kinda) handles 6 players all at once in DBFZ.  That game has a ton of models on screen at the same time constantly . 

Hmmmm I wonder why that's why all the Arcsys games are no bigger than like, 10 gigs on my PS4. Pretty cool that game so pretty aren't really that big of a strain on the system

3 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I dunno, possibly, but from what I can tell Xrd, DBFZ and Granblue aren't very GPU/CPU intensive. I feel like the PS4 could probably handle it, considersing it (kinda) handles 6 players all at once in DBFZ.  That game has a ton of models on screen at the same time *constantly*. 

I think its the fancy details in effects that's pushing it rather than the character models themselves. Like how in the Giovanna trailer, when she does her upkick and it knocks the effect of Chipp's alpha blade off into a curve because she touched it. I'm no expert but it could be that the effects from attacks have special interactions the game needs to keep track of and thats a level of visual flair that not even dbfz/xrd/granblue have done.

But that's just my guess lol

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Hmmmm I wonder why that's why all the Arcsys games are no bigger than like, 10 gigs on my PS4. Pretty cool that game so pretty aren't really that big of a strain on the system

Makes sense since all they're really doing is applying clever lighting and shading tricks on blank 3D models to create the appearance of hand drawn sprites. It's very cheap on memory/computing resources. 

All those games seem hella optimized in my expirience. 

4 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Xrd-Style is some crazy optimized stuff, you'd think that all these games would require crazy specs to run, but if you pull up the minimum requirements for DBFZ, they ain't really that heavy.

unknown.png

16 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

At least in the case of DBFZ, its 3d models are more lowpoly than Xrd and GBFVS. 

They also have less details. 

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

Hey everyone.  First post on here... can I change the background to white?

Welcome!

Pick a new theme using the Stage Select at the bottom of the page. 

Selecting one of the following stages will allow you to have a white background:

• Marvel vs Capcom - Stage 9 
  • Street Fighter Zero 3 - Hotel Masters 
  • Street Fighter III: Third Strike - NYC
  • Last Blade 2 - Fire at the Wadamoya

So in the SFV update last night, it seems like they made some netcode adjustments. It seems like they reverted some things back to how it was (which i don't mind because the new netcode has been worse for me), while doing some other improvements.

I’m hoping reverting the ping check to an 8 second average will help for finding matches, as sometimes it took me much longer to find a match than it used to

I especially like the last line about reducing load, which IMO, is one of the biggest problems, but we don’t really know by how much or what this means.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/133085?lang=en

Edit to add WydD’s opinion:

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

So in the SFV update last night, it seems like they made some netcode adjustments. It seems like they reverted some things back to how it was (like allowing one-sided rollback if the connection really needs it, which I’m okay with because personally, the netcode has been far worse for me since the update), while doing some other improvements.

I’m hoping reverting the ping check to an 8 second average will help for finding matches, as sometimes it took me much longer to find a match than it used to

I especially like the last line about reducing load, which IMO, is one of the biggest problems, but we don’t really know by how much or what this means.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/133085?lang=en

Edit to add WydD’s opinion:

Wait they removed the one sidded rollback and your matches became worse.

Think really hard about what you just wrote.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Wait they removed the one sidded rollback and your matches became worse.

Think really hard about what you just wrote.

I mean they did. I’m not sure if the reason for the netcode being worse for me was the one sided rollback aspect of it, or other changes of that patch (i should probably revise that), but the newer netcode was worse for me.

And i’m not sure what you’re implying. My internet isn’t great, but i know i would often get the one-side/brunt of it before (my connection would have rollbacks while my opponent’s is smoother), which from all that i’ve read on SFV’s old netcode, is because my connection was better.

if capcom stopped one-sided rollback, the stronger connection wouldn’t be able to assist, and you’d have to wait for the slower connection to catch up. This would effect both players. also, it’s possible that while they’re allowing one-sided rollback if it really needs it, they have better control of it now than they did originally, and rollbacks can be shared more equally between the two players, but it would be a lot less jittery (or have less slow downs) than it did in the last patch... I should note that i preferred one sided rollback and having the match flow, over it slowing down and lagging all over the place.

anyways, i’m just looking forward to trying this out. There are aspects of the game i don't like, but the new netcode was the #1 issue of why i dropped it

Edited by Mattatsu
18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

FEXL.  That had a way better netcode than SF5.

We had a 2 bar connection too. There was like 2 hiccups in our whole set and we played like 12 games or something. 

I'm excited to play MK11 with @Mattatsuto see how the connection is. We always get good connections with everything other than SFV, and from what I've gathered, MK's netcode is pretty good, like MVCi or better. 

@KingTubbI’m just hoping to you like the game though. They are certainly faults to it for players who just want to hop online like you, such as a terrible grindy system for cosmetics, and the default variations aren’t the tournament ones (which is all kinds of stupid), and then once you get past that hurdle, you still have to enjoy the game.

Edited by Mattatsu
9 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

then once you get past that hurdle, you still have to enjoy the game.

I usually can find the fun. I generally have fun with every fighting game I boot up. There's like maybe one, maybe two, that I genuinely had a bad time playing. Unfortunately, one of those games was MK11, but times have changed 🤷‍♀️

Edited by KingTubb
8 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I usually can find the fun. I generally have fun with every fighting game I boot up. There's like maybe one, maybe two, that I genuinely had a bad time playing. Unfortunately, one of those games was MK11, but times have changed 🤷‍♀️

What didn’t you like about MK11? I know part of it was who you were playing with, but were there things about the game you didn’t like?

Just now, Mattatsu said:

I know part of it was who you were playing with

Oh boy, that kid smelled like cheese and probably ate his boogers. 

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

but were there things about the game you didn’t like?

I really couldn't stand x-rays. After you seen a man's testicles explode once, you don't need to see it again. 

I don't really remember much about the gameplay past that it had weird motions that I wasn't familiar with. They're usually pretty simple, but I was just picking random characters and had no idea what the hell was going on

Also, I really don't like the look of the game. It's way too dark and all the colors are kinda samey to me. But on my own system, hopefully I can boost the brightness so I can actually see what's going on

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I really couldn't stand x-rays. After you seen a man's testicles explode once, you don't need to see it again.

Yeah, there are too many cut scenes in the game, though I do prefer how krushing blows were done in this because they’re fairly quick (the implementation / balance is another thing though), and yeah, I’ve really come to despise fatalities. The supers (fatal blows) take too long too.

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

it had weird motions

It does. A lot of back, forward inputs, or down, forwards (without having to hit the diagonal).

to be honest, it feels pretty good on hitbox when you’re used to it. There are times when I miss doing shoryuken inputs though.

Edited by Mattatsu

I really gotta go and start working now, but I read up about the SFV netcode patch on reddit and Altimor said the changes should be good (if implemented well, which is always the question regarding capcom).

one person did say they’re seeing less jitters and dropped inputs, but they could also just have had better connections this morning.

and with that, I’m off for a few hours.

The language in that patch doesn't give me a lot of faith, especially when coupled with how Capcom has handled stuff like this in the past with this damn game. 

But anything that improves the online experience is welcome. One of the things that I always found frustrating is that the online can be close enough for you to see how good it could be, but not implemented well to do that the way you want.

Did they ever release any of those new characters? I fell off of things right about the time they revealed that last pack of "please keep playing we're working on SF6 we swear" chars.

Just now, KingTubb said:

Damn, Spin getting feisty. Good for you, man!

We gonna see you on the Jazzy Circuit if it happens next year?  

I can't afford to go to any events. As far as Minnesota goes, at least if I went to the event here I could get top 4, if not win it (I think), but again, I don't have a penny to my name.

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

You should vtube or something. And start a GoFundMe. 

I wanna see you whoop on that one ponytailed dude that smokes a Juul while he plays 

I wouldn't be comfortable accepting money from anyone, especially as a bad player. Also, you're talking about Dan, who is from New York... and also one of the best Uriens in NA. I played him a good amount and have only taken 2 or 3 games off of him by luck. He's way way too good.