Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Do any of y'all still dabble in SFIV? 

Coming back to it every now and then has been a lot of fun. The game is colorful, exciting, and the roster is so insane. It's very nice to see a lot of legacy characters I enjoy with their same exact movesets, like Ibuki, Akuma, oh and FUCKIN MAKOTO. I enjoy playing Seth, but he seems hard. Definitely have to mess around with the roster more. 

It's kinda funny, this year I'm realizing just how little I actually played IV and V. Third Strike kinda just remained the SF game I always fell back on, and I'm STILL booty at it. 🤣

Apparently the game is going through a bit of a revival as well, so it's actually been pretty easy finding games. There's even a Discord specifically dedicated to popularizing the game again.

If any of y'all ever wanna do some Ultra matches, just let me know. I'm tryna learn. 👌

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m not interested in SF4 outside of omega mode. No desire to go back to 1f link BnB’s. 

Edit: Eh maybe I’ll try it. 

Thought about it for half a minute and changed your mind lmao 

Yeah I haven't really even messed with 1 frame links. I'm not doing optimal combos but you can certainly get far with easier options. 

They gonna get sued because they're openly telling you that other players can take your recordings and share them with Customer Support? Eh, I doubt it.  When I use voice chat on literally any device with a motherboard these days, I assume I'm being recorded/monitored. You have much less headache and paranoia to deal with that way. 

I'm not sure I see the problem. Now I can actually take that recording of some 12 year old white kid calling me a nigger in COD and Sony will actually maybe give them a time out. Works for me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’ll believe this when I see it

They've done it to me multiple times already. All for the same game actually. 

I play a lot of Dead By Daylight, which is a game where 4 human survivors have to fight against 1 over powered serial killer. Naturally, this type of game leads to the killer getting hate mail all the time. 

Sony has banned me twice, not for SENDING hate mail, but RESPONDING to hate mail. They don't consider context, who sent the message first, who the defender is or anything. People can just report you and if they find any language they don't like in your response, they'll ban you and not the other guy. 🤣

The first time I was only banned a week. Then the second time some salty ass dude reported me, it was a whole month. 

Aaaannnnnddd that's the reason I still don't have my PS4 5 months later. When you're banned, you can't sign into the online. When I can't sign in, I can't play ANY of my digital games because I Game Share. I couldn't even turn off the game share either because you have to sign in. So I let my buddy borrow the system to play FFVII and just haven't bothered to pick it back up.  😂

Sorry, a bit of a tangent, but basically what I'm saying is maybe Sony will actually have some quality control now when it comes to their customer service. Cause they certainly don't now. 

6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

image0.jpg
hope you fellow nerds can appreciate how wild this poster is. A non-FG playing friend got it for me 

oh shoot, it cut off Maki in the corner. But she’s there, I promise. 

also @Mattatsujust finished dinner so I’m ready whenever 

Sounds good. I was going to be working until like 7 or so, but I’m having a real hard time concentrating today. I have a few things to do first but should be on in like 45 mins or so?

I’ll tag you when I have a better idea

39 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

They gonna get sued because they're openly telling you that other players can take your recordings and share them with Customer Support? Eh, I doubt it.  When I use voice chat on literally any device with a motherboard these days, I assume I'm being recorded/monitored. You have much less headache and paranoia to deal with that way. 

I'm not sure I see the problem. Now I can actually take that recording of some 12 year old white kid calling me a nigger in COD and Sony will actually maybe give them a time out. Works for me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Nigga, the problem is that is illegal and even worse, they can be recording minors, which i dont need to remind you, Youtube ate a 170 million fine on USA alone because they were monitoring them.

Sony just opened a door that will very likely lead to investigations and possible lawsuits.

You maybe dont care/think is fine, others dont, and have in many places, real chances to pursuit legal action and win.

In those recent years is becoming more common for gaming companies and tech giants to eat Ls because they keep doing shit they think they can get away with it. This is one of those instances.

Also, i would recomend you to not do that, the recording of a kid, since you could even end facing prison for it.

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Nigga, the problem is that is illegal and even worse, they can be recording minors, which i dont need to remind you, Youtube ate a 170 million fine on USA alone because they were monitoring them.

Sony just opened a door that will very likely lead to investigations and possible lawsuits.

You maybe dont care/think is fine, others dont, and have in many places, real chances to pursuit legal action and win.

In those recent years is becoming more common for gaming companies and tech giants to eat Ls because they keep doing shit they think they can get away with it. This is one of those instances.

What exactly is illegal about it? That picture you posted doesn't even say Sony would be recording you. It just said to consider the possibility that you might be recorded if you use their service. That goes for literally any service that offers voice chat. 

I'm not saying companies should be monitoring us as closely as they like, but I also like to pick my battles. People are willing to give up all kinds of personal information on a daily basis when they willingly use Google or Facebook, sign huge documents without reading them, click "Agree" on huge walls of text, ect. Even if Sony was directly recording every single dude in voice chat at all times, it really isn't that different from all these things we use on a daily basis. 

14 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

What exactly is illegal about it? That picture you posted doesn't even say Sony would be recording you. It just said to consider the possibility that you might be recorded if you use their service. That goes for literally any service that offers voice chat. 

I'm not saying companies should be monitoring us as closely as they like, but I also like to pick my battles. People are willing to give up all kinds of personal information on a daily basis when they willingly use Google or Facebook, sign huge documents without reading them, click "Agree" on huge walls of text, ect. Even if Sony was directly recording every single dude in voice chat at all times, it really isn't that different from all these things we use on a daily basis. 

The whole ordeal of recording without your consent. Specifically the wording, that opens up the can of worms that they are/maybe are monitoring you.

The problem is like i said, the fact that you are not necessarily agreeing to it (in fact, you and many others have not agreed to it since this is not part of the license agreement), and the real problem, is if the person involved is a minor.

The moment that a minor is involved, it doesnt matter if there is a liscence agreement or not.

Just see what happened to youtube.

Also, what part that companies are starting to eat Ls in court did you miss, just because it has been normalized mens shit, it is still illegal.

Also, read your other post about you getting banned.

Why the fuck are you even engaing with those fuckers?

Just report them and move on.

It is dumb that you a grown up man are getting rilled up by kids/teenagers and sending them hate mail.

Edited by Hecatom

Man if lil Timmy is old enough to talk shit he’s old enough to take it idgaf lol. 

Actually reminds me of a story my old manager told me. Her son was playing Fornite and some kid was talking shit to him, so she got on the mic and told the kid “be quiet before I come over there and suck your dads dick and become your new mommy”. Among other things lol

Apparently she shut him up and made him cry 😂

Edited by Vhozite
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Man if lil Timmy is old enough to talk shit he’s old enough to take it idgaf lol. 

And that kind of logic is what leads to people eating Ls because they hit someone that said shit to them, and end facing jail due assault, for example.

If lil timmy is being a dumbass on the mic and you send hatemail to him, instead of reporting him, the only evidence left is you being a dumbass via text chat.

Dont be a dumbass, report and move on.

14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The whole ordeal of recording without your consent. 

Yes, I understand how wiretapping laws work. I'm asking what about that statement explicitly proves that they are doing something illegal. 

16 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Specifically the wording, that opens up the can of worms that they are/maybe are monitoring you.

Companies use ambiguous or bad wording all the time. Maybe they left it a little open ended on purpose, maybe not, but from what I'm reading there it sounds like they're just saying to keep in mind that you are always possibly being recorded by someone. Sony or otherwise.

I mean, when you sign up for a PSN account they literally make you hit "yes" on an agreement that states you consent to the possibility of being recorded in voice chat. I can only assume that's to avoid getting in any messes with idiots saying dumb shit in-game and then suing (or at least trying to) when they find their bullshit on YouTube or something. I can only assume Sony wants to step over any possible lawsuits like any other company, so why exactly would they put out a statement that basically says "were spying on your voice chats"? 

That's not what I really got from the statement at all. 

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, what part that companies are starting to eat Ls in court did you miss, just because it has been normalized mens shit, it is still illegal.

And again, I never said it wasn't illegal to record people without their consent or knowledge. I said I don't think that's what Sony intends by that statement. 

24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, read your other post about you getting banned.

Why the fuck are you even engaing with those fuckers?

Just report them and move on.

It is dumb that you a grown up man are getting rilled up by kids/teenagers and sending them hate mail.

First of all, just stop. The problem isn't the hate mail I sent back, the problem is that I got sent hate mail with no provocation and only I got banned for defending myself. Period, end of story. 

Secondly, why we assuming all these people are kids or teenagers? It's an M rated game. The hate mail/shit talking is one of the best parts about online gaming. I don't want every online game to become some boring sterile experience like the way Nintendo handles it. Switch doesn't let you even message people, add friends, or find people from recent games period. It's so stupid. 

Sony either needs to moderate better, or moderate even less and let people squabble within personal messages. Fuck that shit. They banned me and they were wrong for it. 

6 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Unless the last character is a waifu with fuck you size tits I'm just gonna main this dude. None of the girls really interest me that much in the base roster sadly.

Yeah I’m still hoping for Baiken but if not I got this dude or Ram depending on who’s gameplay I like more. Giovanni is on my radar too