Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

NeoGAF and Resetera use manual validation for new signups and want to keep randoms out.

Having a non-free e-mail address means that you are either a professional or are at least willing to put in some effort, which eliminates 99% of the internet randoms.

I've got working NeoGAF and Resetera accounts, but I have not used them in some time. While I think it's great to have more new members, I don't think they're really our target demographic anyway.  If someone wants to try to get those people to come you can knock yourselves out though.

@Mattatsu @Darc_Requiem @Sonero let me know when the SF4 starts.  Just bought the game for PS4 and am installing now.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I got SF4 on both steam and PS4.

Y'all catching hands regardless.

I literally have every version of that game. That's how know how shitty the PS3 version is. SF4 ranks. I'm not ranking the DS version because touch screen Sonic Booms.....

GWFL>360>PS4>Steam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Edit: 2 Beers in, I may actually be willing to play Tekken now......nah need more than 2.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I literally have every version of that game. That's how know how shitty the PS3 version is. SF4 ranks. I'm not ranking the DS version because touch screen Sonic Booms.....

GWFL>360>PS4>Steam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

PS3 version was fine.

I played hours and hours on every platform and honestly it doesn't matter.

PS3 closer to arcade timing too.

4 minutes ago, misterBee said:

PS3 version was fine.

I played hours and hours on every platform and honestly it doesn't matter.

PS3 closer to arcade timing too.

I disagree. If have to play SF4 and PS3 is the only option. I'm just not playing. The online play was worse than anything but DS. I tested the game on every platform on the same connection in MD,VA,SC, LA (I moved a lot work). It sucked plain and simple. It was harder to get good connections, the input delay worse, and except for the DS, it looked worse to boot. Japanese players played on 360 and we know how popular Xbox is in Japan.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

...aaaaand I'm retarded.

Bought Ultra for PS4 and didn't realize I had it on one of my many other PSN accounts. 🙃

@Darc_Requiem I added you on PSN.

@Sonero You didn't fill out your PSN info in your profile. SHAMEFUL.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I disagree. If have to play SF4 and PS3 is the only option. I'm just not playing. The online play was worse than anything but DS. I tested the game on every platform on the same connection in MD,VA,SC, LA (I moved a lot work). It sucked plain and simple. It was harder to get good connections, the input delay worse, and except for the DS, it looked worse to boot. Japanese players played on 360 and we know how popular Xbox is in Japan.

I mostly played SF4 locally and in arcades.

#blessed

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

...aaaaand I'm retarded.

Bought Ultra for PS4 and didn't realize I had it on one of my many other PSN accounts. 🙃

@Darc_Requiem I added you on PSN.

@Sonero You didn't fill out your PSN info in your profile. SHAMEFUL.

Accepted your request. I can't believe I'm playing this game again. Last time I turned it on it was to look at character attacks to help flesh out my character concepts.

The Virgin regular FG'ler: Plays only one game, constantly bitches about his game being shit, but doesn't change the game, calls everything either shit/or praises it into the sky yet would never touch these games

The Chad MisterBee: Plays everything, owns probably every plattform and every FG for all of them, always wants games.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm gonna have to look up Decapre's moves. Because my senile as for got half of them.

Chargemoves

Down,up is DP, Light is strike invincible, medium projectile, Heavy Throw, EX is all.

Lightning Lands gives you the dagger, L is safe at -4, I think only Ken could H DP you.

back,forward is her scamble, the strenght determines the angle, grounded one has slide on K buttons, Air ones have Divekicks on K, LP and MP are fake attacks and H is a groundpound.

Targetcombo into airthrow to pretend you play actualy Melty Blood

Delta Inputwith kicks  for her U2

Back,forward,back,forward PPP for her U1 Psycho Ball

Same goes for her Super

I think thats all.

And don't ask me why I still know this.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
16 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

You just want to see some damn fireworks when you administrate a combo on your fighting games. 

No if I whiff Gouken's Tatsumaki Gourasen, a move that has ridiculous recovery frames, I should get my shit pushed in. I shouldn't eat a 8 hit combo that does less damage than the Gouken's tatsu does on its own. Now I'm starting to remember the things I don't like about SF4. The jab jab jab combos, combined with heavy scaling, along with FADC bullshit leads to Desk style combos that look cool but do fuck all damage because the last dozen hits  only take off like 60 stamina. Great a dozen hits that inflict less damage than a standing medium punch. Whoopty fucking do 🙄

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No if I whiff Gouken's Tatsumaki Gourasen, a move that has ridiculous recovery frames, I should get my shit pushed in. I shouldn't eat a 8 hit combo that does last damage than the Gouken's tatsu does on its own. Now I'm starting to remember the things I don't like about SF4. The jab jab jab combos, combined with heavy scaling, along with FADC bullshit leads to Desk style combos that look cool but do fuck all damage because the last dozen hits  only take off like 60 stamina. Great a dozen hits that inflict less damage than a standing medium punch. Whoopty fucking do 🙄

Punishing with a jab combo is a really bad idea.  The only reason it happened to you is because we're rusty as shit/were just trying to remember how to do combos.  Actually optimal punishes do fat damage in SF4.

FADC isn't bullshit.  How dare you.   Next you're gonna tell me Roman Canceling is bad too.  🔫

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

You guys are complaining about jab combos doing low damage but don’t all the equivalent combos in SFV do less damage?

The difference is in the hitconfirming and how it plays out. Like if you want to confirm out of a jab in SF5, you have to pay attention. You also don't get a lot from it. In SF4, you could either jab 6 times or link into harder hitting buttons for decent damage.

It's also coupled with crouch tech. Some characters could crouch tech to tech throw and if the normal came out and hit the opponent, they'd get a combo out of it. Fei Long can do, IIRC, cr.lk, St.Lp, cr.LP xx Rekkas. so if you pressure Fei Long incorrectly, his cr.lk might hit you and then you ate a full combo for your troubles. The counterhit conversions in SF5 are easier in a lot of ways, but it ain't as silly as SF4 is.

I don’t think I understand what you are saying. You guys are complaining about jab combos doing low damage but also that they link into heavy buttons for good damage?

Also if jabs link to heavier attacks why would you ever jab more than once or twice to confirm? Two hit confirms are pretty easy no?

14 hours ago, Vhozite said:

You guys are complaining about jab combos doing low damage but don’t all the equivalent combos in SFV do less damage?

Edit: I’m almost certain 5 has more aggressive damage scaling as well

SFV caps Critical Art damage scaling  to 50%. No matter who long your combo is in SFV ending it in CA will add 160 plus damage. Most CAs do at least 330 damage but some like the Sonic Hurricane and Shinku Hadoken do less.  If you do a long sequence in SFIV and end it with an Ultra it's a waste because you are not getting any damage at all. SFV isn't built around jab jab jab combos. Who's doing jab jab jab combos in SFV? One of the biggest adjustments players had to make in SFV was starting combos with mediums instead of jabs. I was a Gouken player so I didn't have to adjust. Gouken got nothing off of jabs in SFIV 🤣 They actually increased the VT cancel scaling because players complained that SFV characters did too much damage. That's also why most of the cast got Stamina and Stun buffs in Season V. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No if I whiff Gouken's Tatsumaki Gourasen, a move that has ridiculous recovery frames, I should get my shit pushed in. I shouldn't eat a 8 hit combo that does last damage than the Gouken's tatsu does on its own. Now I'm starting to remember the things I don't like about SF4. The jab jab jab combos, combined with heavy scaling, along with FADC bullshit leads to Desk style combos that look cool but do fuck all damage because the last dozen hits  only take off like 60 stamina. Great a dozen hits that inflict less damage than a standing medium punch. Whoopty fucking do 🙄

The lack of damage in scoring specific combos is what bothers me in some games. 

If you were to perform the same variant (Jab (chain) into another light normal or link into a medium/heavy + cancel into special), that would have been at least 35%.

For example, in KOF98? 

Iori's 2B, 2A, (command normal)6A, into rekka = 30%/35%

Kyo's 2B, 2A, 236236P? That's 45% of dudes life eaten alive.