Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

25 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Fierce lunge punch doesn't combo. But Yun can do cr.lk, st.lp, cr.mp, st.mp XX HK upkicks for 214 damage. Cr.lk is a 4 frame normal too.

These normals are hella good. Look at this, Yun's standing MP is 5 farme start and has 5 active frames. why is SF5 so stingy?

😭

Because SFV players are allergic to fun. 🙃

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

⏸️

I may play SF5, but I play everything. Miss me with all that. Similarly miss me with needing 6 normals before you cancel into a special. That's some silliness.

The whole point of starting combos with lights is easier confirms.  Sf4 got plenty of combos that start with heavies and mediums. Light starters are usually discouraged. 

I think that SF4 jabs are pretty dumb, but I also like that it leads to more options than you get in SFV. The latter game is too far in the other direction where most characters get jab jab xx light special for 121 damage 

Edit: Christ some of these animations are terrible 

Edit 2: on the one hand I’m not really feeling this game, but on the other hand evil Ryu is everything I want in a character 

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'll take 30th over Fightcade.

Yeah, personally, I like 30th better for 3S myself. Fightcade has some issues where it seems like it re-adjusts the spacings of the characters frequently (I had a clear forward jump-in turn into a cross-up because of this).

ST does have a weird input issue on PS4 30th though where you cannot do DPs consistently. You can see this for yourself by setting the training dummy to do a DP, and replay the playback a few times and watch as DPs come out and don’t.

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Discouraged how? A lot of BnBs in the game are a hodge podge of jabs. 

You had people linking into sweeps or standing heavies from them. Unlesz you're a few characters, Jab is Life in sf4.

The Akuma/Ryu/Cammy classic are 2x cr. strong combos.  Any punish or jump-in is gonna be started with a heavy, just like in SFV.  Cammy low forward confirms are a big deal.  Viper can't do shit with lights.

Almost every SF4 char has light confirms, but they're definitely not the best or only tool.  SFV takes them away almost completely or makes them useless, but I'd rather have the option to confirm from lights if I want rather than be forced to use mediums for everything all the time.

Ultimately they're both very different games, but to say SF4 is just light attacks all day seems pretty reductive.  SF4 is also not the first SF game to use a lot of lights either.  Lights into special/super have been around for a long time in other games too, like Alpha / CVS2.

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

Bee: "jabs are discouraged" 

Also Bee: Picks Ryu and does jab x4 into whatever special until you die 

Don't need optimal when you're already the best. 💪

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

I improved my BnB. Now its cr.lk, st.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, st.mp xx mp lunge punch/hk upkicks.

Look at that. 6 whole butted normals before I gotta cancel into anything. Why is this game this way?

5 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

What game? Sounds like Ultra.

It is but he doesn't need to do that many lights.  Yun has a 2x cr. mp starter bnb also.

Oh yeah. I have a course of action to take and a minor experimentation process. 

By this December, I am going to redownload the game onto PS4 or get the game on PC (while modding the living fuck out of it). 

Then I am going to administrate a small combo video. It won't necessarily be a video of impractical or overly situational combos. 

It will be a video of combos that will lead to at least 500 damage (or the most the character can get) with V-Trigger already active (or if it requires V-Trigger) and all resources spent (all three bars worth of meter). 

- All 3 bars

- No jump-in

- No CC

- Full V-Trigger Meter

- 500 DMG or the most the character can possibly get

In the earlier seasons, the majority of the cast would have gotten 500 damage without even doing some of things. 

30 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

there's no politics thread here tho and its regulars are still all on SRK

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

No politics thread already makes this place better.

If I were to allow one it would need someone to manage it and there would need to be rules in place that keep that stuff from leaking out elsewhere.

I honestly just don't have the time or energy to handle it atm. 

Right now MEGASHOCK is like a party -- everyone's having a good time until someone drops the politics and religion.

3 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

I gotta get use to browsing this site  on mobile fam..  

There was a key feature on Srk were you can continue reading were you left off,  and it will show the number of new posts.. I guess this site doesn’t have that? Or I’m too much of a breh not to notice it.. 

Click on the star to the left of the thread title and it will direct you to the first unread post.

Alternatively, you can enable it on your account setting under view content behavior.

Edited by Hawkingbird
20 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Unless you have the mental stamina to read absolute and complete stupidity, you're better off.

People aren't really trying to talk about issues. They're basically bringing all sorts of personal issues into it disguised as trying to talk about politics. The talking politics isn't even talking politics either. Its mostly yelling "I believe these things regardless of facts" and then doing that ad nauseam.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

If I were to allow one it would need someone to manage it and there would need to be rules in place that keep that stuff from leaking out elsewhere.

Right now MEGASHOCK is like a party -- everyone's having a good time until someone drops the politics and religion.

Exactly. Just ain't worth the trouble and pretty much everyone doesn't actually wanna mod that mess.

Leave that body on the graveyard.