Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I literally have every version of that game. That's how know how shitty the PS3 version is. SF4 ranks. I'm not ranking the DS version because touch screen Sonic Booms.....

GWFL>360>PS4>Steam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Edit: 2 Beers in, I may actually be willing to play Tekken now......nah need more than 2.

Actually.

If you ever played the arcade version of SF4, you will notice that the 360 version is running slower.

Neither the 360 version or the ps3 version runn well.

Both are bad ports, is just that they struggle on different places.

The PS3 version funily enough runs closer to the arcade version than the 360 one.

If we go by how close they run to the arcade version is Steam>PS4 tied with GWFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and the 360 and ps3 tied as terrible ports.

Side note.

A lot of idiots assumed that the problem was inherent to the ps3 hardware and started a myth that every game had native inputlag, which is false.

Specially when you compared how other devs had total parity with their own ports.

Hell, the same myth is easily debunked when you see that SFxT runs better on PS3 than 360, since the game was designed 1st on ps3 and ported over to the 360, which was the opposite of how cacom developed the port of sf4

So they finally fixed sf5 netcode I hear?  If they would have focused on this last year it would have been great news and PR...

ah well

When is Dan and the "system changes" coming? Please don't tell me its still December since capcom cup isn't happening until early next year, that would be nuts. Hopefully its also not after and like mid feb... I'm actually curious if SF5 can hold out the rest of this year with no  character releases outside of the hardcore players.

5 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

So they finally fixed sf5 netcode I hear?  If they would have focused on this last year it would have been great news and PR...

“Fixed” is a bit of a stretch; it’s better, and probably the best that it’s been, but it could still use work.

edit to add: it does matter on your perspective a bit though. For PS4, this is definitely a fix as the game has been unplayable for the last 8 months, and while it’s also better on PC, its issues weren’t as severe. However, overall, it’s only slightly better than it was before that early-2020 patch.

Edited by Mattatsu
6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It's like 15€, thats not that much.

And thus Darc said: It can't be that bad.
Not knowing what awaits him behind the play button!

I'm sure I won't like it but I just want to compare out of curiosity. I've gone back to other SF games before and I usually have fun. When I don't its because of bad netcode or it being a bad port. I knew I was excited to have SF back but how did I play that game for 7 years. I guess I finally have an inkling of how you feel about SFV. 

37 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

don’t have enough money this month

I don't either. Or Time.

MK came last night. Thing came like a PC game from the 90's and had a "data disk" that I had to put in and install before I played.

Also download USFIV last night. And PSNow has RE7 available for download, so I have my spooky game on deck. 

This is why I never finish any games 😑

19 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

This is why I never finish any games 😑

All the cool kids leave their games 60% complete.

Last game I remember "finishing" was RE2:R. And that was just the Claire A playthrough. Technically I have a few clears on Hades but I don't think that counts.

@Darc_RequiemIts funny you draw that parallel because I feel the same way about SF4 that you feel about T7. Though maybe now we just feel the same about SF4.

6 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

All the cool kids leave their games 60% complete.

Last game I remember "finishing" was RE2:R. And that was just the Claire A playthrough. Technically I have a few clears on Hades but I don't think that counts.

@Darc_RequiemIts funny you draw that parallel because I feel the same way about SF4 that you feel about T7. Though maybe now we just feel the same about SF4.

I'll probably end up feeling the same way. But I'll find out when I get home from work.

8 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

All the cool kids leave their games 60% complete

GIF by moodman

Man, I'm struggling to remember the last game I got all the way through... I beat the first 3 palythroughs of nier, then it got too convoluted, wacky, and boring for me in the 4th so I dropped it.

It was probably FF: Tactics like 2 years ago, and that happened cause I had it on my phone and could play it while taking a dooker. 

Man, if I could practice or play SFV while dropping duces, I'd be ultra diamond for sure 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

GIF by moodman

Man, I'm struggling to remember the last game I got all the way through... I beat the first 3 palythroughs of nier, then it got too convoluted, wacky, and boring for me in the 4th so I dropped it.

It was probably FF: Tactics like 2 years ago, and that happened cause I had it on my phone and could play it while taking a dooker. 

Man, if I could practice or play SFV while dropping duces, I'd be ultra diamond for sure 

I think that mostly boils down to how hard you think it'll be to install a PS4 and a TV opposite your toilet.

Married man time can be tricky that way. It took me almost the full calendar year after release to beat P5 when that came out just because there is only so much time I could throw at it.

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

I bought P5 in 2018, just started in August and I'm 40 hours in. It's gonna take me almost a year to beat, I'm thinking. 

Probably yeah. The fuckin' rub in that game is that you can't really play it "faster".

Like I have a buddy who just....enjoys games. I envy him in a lot of ways. He'll fire up something that is more free form like Skyrim and just adventure around. He has like 100 hours in that game and I don't know if he ever beat the main storyline (not that it counts for anything, just funny to me). Whereas I'm way more focused so I mostly just stuck to the main story quests and some side stuff I found interesting until I burned out on it in 30 hours like I do with every open world game. Some games you can scale your progress speed like that.

But due to the way P3-5 are structured, you're going through that calendar one day at a time and you're gonna goddamn well like it (give or take some time skips). You can stretch some of the days out or you can mash through text, but the march through the days continues.

I still enjoy that structure, but it is definitely a game you have to approach as a "project" in a way because of it.

3 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

He'll fire up something that is more free form like Skyrim and just adventure around.

I'm a mix of you and your buddy. I start a game, fuck around without accomplishing anything, and burn out after 30ish hours. 

Finding bugs/breaking games is one of my favorite video game activities. Quick story bout this, I'll spoil it to save a wall of text. 

Spoiler

Also, this story is about Jedi:Fallen Order, and y'all can't have Star Wars enter the chat without fighting, I'm sure.

Buddy loves J:FO and is convinced I'd love it. Over the last few years, I've become so incredibly jaded with Star Wars shit that I had no interest in this game at all and was actively avoiding it. 

I go over on a weekend where both our wives are out of town so he corners me and forces me to try the game.

I play maybe an hour-ish or two, and I'm fucking hating it. It has that AAA over animated non-sense (look! you character almost falls ALL THE FUCKING TIME) and the combat is aight, and I have no interest at all in the story.

Eventually we get to some section where there's a muddy hill or something, and you can't get up it until you get the "muddy hill" force power or some shit. My buddy tells me this and says it's impossible to get up the hill.

Sounds like a challenge to me. So the over animated wall run is, of course, broken cause it's over animated and silly, and I find out that you can wall run after wall jumping and actually just scale a wall forever if there's another wall across from it and it's close enough to jump to. 

I spend 30 minutes of my 2 hours playing just fucking around in this corridor with the mudslide. Eventually got up the hill and there wasn't really anything worth while up there, but at least I broke the hell out of the game getting there, so I'm ecstatic. My buddy is so fucking over me and sorta pissed.

10/10 game. much recommend 

44 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Catching up on the SF4 shenanigans. I have the game on Steam. I haven't played in years but I'm confident I can body you all.

In my case, I'm sure you could but you missed your chance. I'm not playing that game for the forseeable future. If my hard drive space ever gets tight it's the first thing I'll delete. If you have 30th Anniversy I'm down for some SF3 and ST though 👍🏾

Edited by Darc_Requiem
30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In my case, I'm sure you could but you missed your chance. I'm not playing that game for the forseeable future. If my hard drive space ever gets tight it's the first thing I'll delete. If you have 30th Anniversy I'm down for some SF3 and ST though 👍🏾

I have 30th on PS4. I haven't gotten around getting it on steam yet.

16 minutes ago, misterBee said:

hahahaahahaahahahaahaha

🔪

when

I'll make sure to reinstall the game next time you guys do an SF4 lobby.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have 30th on PS4, PC, and even Switch. Sorry Xbox....

30th seems a bit silly on PC when there's Fightcade.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'll make sure to reinstall the game next time you guys do an SF4 lobby.

Might as well install it now. I'll body you later today.

Fierce lunge punch doesn't combo. But Yun can do cr.lk, st.lp, cr.mp, st.mp XX HK upkicks for 214 damage. Cr.lk is a 4 frame normal too.

These normals are hella good. Look at this, Yun's standing MP is 5 farme start and has 5 active frames. why is SF5 so stingy?

😭