Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Well this isn't a cry about it type of a forum. This also isn't the SF5 subsection in SRK. Its a Fighting Game General.

Instead of crying about life in this thread you could be making one that's easily accessible to people where you show them how to go about getting into different games. Heck, you could provide links in them for where to find matches and all that jazz.

That would mean I'd have to get them around all the tropes and flat out lies, that have been fabricated over the years and share my 30+ Discords.

Sounds like work. Will definitly need more than a morning.

While I talk about work, here is someone doing work.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which one is that? The second game in the Crossbell saga? Translation isn't out for that one net. I actually bought the Chinese version of part 2. So when it drops,I can't be accused of piracy.

Yes the second game in the Crossbell arc. 

Download the ppsspp emulator, find the iso for ao no kiseki English patch version and play it there. 

(Google ao no kiseki English patched. You'll find it easily.)

I'll be buying the remastered version of the Crossbell arcs to support Falcom when it's out. Might even play it all over again. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

Yes the second game in the Crossbell arc. 

Download the ppsspp emulator, find the iso for ao no kiseki English patch version and play it there. 

(Google ao no kiseki English patched. You'll find it easily.)

I'll be buying the remastered version of the Crossbell arcs to support Falcom when it's out. Might even play it all over again. Lol. 

I'll wait for the PC version. They already completed the translation to part 2 and are working their second pass. It'll probably be done by the time I finish part one.

https://geofront.esterior.net/

On 10/9/2020 at 9:18 PM, BornWinner said:

All of your favorite fighting games will be available to play on PS5 with backwards compatibility. There will be only ten games that are PS4 only.

spacer.png

I feel for the We Sing community.

All PS4 games are retrocompatible with PS5 except these few ones?

That's impressive considering Sony introduced retrocompatibility saying that it would have been something that would have been expanded over time.

26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

All PS4 games are retrocompatible with PS5 except these few ones?

That's impressive considering Sony introduced retrocompatibility saying that it would have been something that would have been expanded over time.

We'd be the beta testers. The key word is "should" work. Individual fixes will supposedly come with time.

10 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Oh.

"Should work"

That doesn't sound ominous at all.

Concern about the PS5's ability to play PS4 games has been overblown. The PS5 has PS4 and PS4 Pro modes built into it's GPU. The question was always whether there be any enhancements and if it would play anything prior to PS4. The former's answer yes with caveats and the latter's is no.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Tbh I want a Series X.  A much  nicer looking machine.  XBO-X was my fave console this generation also.  Whisper quiet and faster than PS4 Pro.

But I'll end up with both in the end because everyone knows the weeb games will only be on PS5. =[

That's not a given this gen. A few devs have gotten sick of the censorship BS already. The Switch is becoming the go to "weeb" console. The only reason I want a PS5 is Sony's first party software. My Xbox One X is a nice piece of hardware but it's hard to justify buying anything for it when my PC is nicer and gets all  the games it does. I have mine purely for the BC. If I get a series X, it'll be for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's not a given this gen. A few devs have gotten sick of the censorship BS already. The Switch is becoming the go to "weeb" console. The only reason I want a PS5 is Sony's first party software. My Xbox One X is a nice piece of hardware but it's hard to justify buying anything for it when my PC is nicer and gets all  the games it does. I have mine purely for the BC. If I get a series X, it'll be for the same reason.

Nah man I'm not talking about localization.  I play JP/HK region games all the time, and in Asia Xbox doesn't exist.  Switch is neat but it's an underpowered tablet that I rarely touch.  There are gonna be plenty of higher-spec Asian games that are only developed for PS5 so I'm gonna need Sony's console to play them.

It's a real shame too because Xbox has the nicer UI, better performance, better backwards compat, and nicer industrial design.  It's also not as large as the PS5.  Here's hoping the PS5 gets a slim model that doesn't suck.

@misterBeeI'm not talking about localization. I mean as in not releasing on the platform at all. Gal Gun Returns was just announced recently and it is coming to everything but PS4. By everything I mean Switch, Xbox, and PC...but not PS4.

Edit: Here is the article. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/gal-gun-returns-announced-for-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@misterBeeI'm not talking about localization. I mean as in not releasing on the platform at all. Gal Gun Returns was just announced recently and it is coming to everything but PS4. By everything I mean Switch, Xbox, and PC...but not PS4.

Edit: Here is the article. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/gal-gun-returns-announced-for-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

That may be the case for this game for now, but I bet they'll release it for ps5 down the road.  It's just like how a lot of lower-budget games came to vita first and eventually got ps4 versions as well.

I really don't think anyone is going to be able to get by next gen with just a Switch for their import games. =/

44 minutes ago, misterBee said:

That may be the case for this game for now, but I bet they'll release it for ps5 down the road.  It's just like how a lot of lower-budget games came to vita first and eventually got ps4 versions as well.

I really don't think anyone is going to be able to get by next gen with just a Switch for their import games. =/

I want to believe. After Sony moved their HQ to California a lot of games like Gal Gun been having a difficult time being released on PlayStation. 

59 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The developers that make "weeb" games stayed on the Vita as long as possible. The Switch is right up their alley. Japan is their chief market and the Switch is blew by the PS4's install base in Japan a little over 2 years. Most of the quirky Japanese games aren't cutting edge. The Switch is right up those developers alley. It's the perfect successor to the Japanese Vita market. PC isn't big in Japan.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The developers that make "weeb" games stayed on the Vita as long as possible. The Switch is right up their alley. Japan is their chief market and the Switch is blew by the PS4's install base in Japan a little over 2 years. Most of the quirky Japanese games aren't cutting edge. The Switch is right up those developers alley. It's the perfect successor to the Japanese Vita market. PC isn't big in Japan.

Yes, but at the end of the day the Switch is still a tablet.

There are going to be games that Japanese devs want to make that will need more power than a tablet, and by default they will be on PS5.  Assuming that 100% of import games you want to play are going to be on a mobile platform is really wishful thinking.  Even if every import game comes to Switch AND PS5, the PS5 version will still have the potential to be much better.

Persona 5 Scramble is out on PS4 and Switch right now -- and I know which version I'd want to play for sure.  I also highly doubt the next Gundam Extreme VS release is coming to Switch.

Just gonna have to open up my wallet... 

33 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Quit fighting it and come on back to papa capcom

After my divorce I swore to never get stuck in another toxic relationship like that again, and I intend to keep that promise. 😉

I would legit be tempted to play folks here though. The thing I liked most about SF5 was the people it let me interact with. 

15 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

@GetTheTables lol, 90% of the time I get hyped to play it is because of Highland’s videos, and pretty much every time I get that way, I want to finally get respectable with Sagat.

That is some devilish shit but I know the feeling.

"C'mon back and play man, just pick this character that even his biggest fans sort of hate playing in this game. It'll be fine. Just think of the kara uppercuts!"

1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

Last time I played Alpha 3 it was the PS1 version. I did like the World Tour mode in that or whatever it was called.

Zero 3 Upper has the jump cancel infinites patched out and includes almost all of the console exclusive characters.  It can be played online using NullDC-BEAR.

One day when I have time again (sob) I'll make a thread for it and try to get some games going.

27 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Yes, but at the end of the day the Switch is still a tablet.

There are going to be games that Japanese devs want to make that will need more power than a tablet, and by default they will be on PS5.  Assuming that 100% of import games you want to play are going to be on a mobile platform is really wishful thinking.  Even if every import game comes to Switch AND PS5, the PS5 version will still have the potential to be much better.

Persona 5 Scramble is out on PS4 and Switch right now -- and I know which version I'd want to play for sure.  I also highly doubt the next Gundam Extreme VS release is coming to Switch.

Just gonna have to open up my wallet... 

The big devs? Sure. The smaller devs? They didn't even want to go up to PS4. 

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I don't know the Switch has a flood of (mostly terrible) indie titles (and some gems too). 

Wasn't referencing that. I was talking about the smaller Japanese devs the loved the Vita getting agitated with Sony's censorship and skipping the Playstation platform. Never thought I'd see the day that a quirky Japanese centric title would release on Xbox and skip PS4. 

I need Cipher to come over to my house and kick me in the nuts for playing SFV... I was labbing a couple different characters and sat in training looking for a 4-5 bar casual match for like an hour and it didn’t find anything. Not one.

i thought maybe my Internet was acting up (and maybe I was showing up as one bar connections, to which everyone else filtered out or declined), but after I gave up, I went to MK11 to lab some stuff and decided to play online and found three sets, basically immediately, all of which played perfectly. I can’t with SFV anymore, but I know my stupid ass will boot it up again in two months.

still, I do have issues with MK11, and sometimes I wonder if I really like it, or if I’m forcing myself to like it (because of nostalgia and a great netcode with a large playerbase).

Edited by Mattatsu