Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Practicaly the most false statement someone can make.

I see this getting parroted over and over again and it's just wrong.

Don't lie to yourself. Granblue struggles to get 200 concurrent players during peak hours on steam. KoF 2002UM got more people playing and that game is 18 years old. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Don't lie to yourself. Granblue struggles to get 200 concurrent players during peak hours on steam. KoF 2002UM got more people playing and that game is 18 years old. 

Ah yes, Steamcharts.

Who are you Leffen?

Game is dead. Game is dead. Game is dead. Game is dead. Never played it, but it's dead.

Whats the next thing you're trying to tell me, that people actually care about Netcode.

Or that a minimum pay job is better than playing video games all day.

45 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ah yes, Steamcharts.

Who are you Leffen?

Game is dead. Game is dead. Game is dead. Game is dead. Never played it, but it's dead.

Whats the next thing you're trying to tell me, that people actually care about Netcode.

Or that a minimum pay job is better than playing video games all day.

Whenever I go to steam forum when player population comes up most of the playerbase say it's dead. I have a friend who brought the game on PC and he can barely find matches. Put your head in the sand all you want but barely cracking 200 players during peak times isn't popping. PC version of that game is in desperate need of crossplay

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Whenever I go to steam forum when player population comes up most of the playerbase say it's dead. I have a friend who brought the game on PC and he can barely find matches. Put your head in the sand all you want but barely cracking 200 players during peak times isn't popping. PC version of that game is in desperate need of crossplay

There are people going around in Steam Forums just to tell people it's dead for the sake of saying it's dead.

As the game had 2k players they were constantly saying it's dead, go to consoles or rather play "insert Game X here"

At least the regular appearances from the SFV Forums no longer come over to the other games to write essays how much better that game is compared to anything else.

It was such a load of BS as you had their Crusaders telling you how the problems with SFVs Netcode are all on your end and the Netcode is perfectly fine.

tlrd, stay far away with the god damn Steam Forums as possible, only thing they're good for is comedy.

11 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Played this dude on FightCade that sucks ass, but asked such intelligent questions that I can't help but think he'll become godlike. I thought I was part of the New Generation, but has the New Generation only begun now?

The beauty (and existential terror) of the system is that it is a moving window. One day you are the New Generation, next day you look up and you're a crusty ol ST. Life goes on.

Good to find someone who asks the right questions. Better play can be taught but no amount of practice will overcome stupid (that is what VTC is for 🙃).

2 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

The beauty (and existential terror) of the system is that it is a moving window. One day you are the New Generation, next day you look up and you're a crusty ol ST. Life goes on.

Good to find someone who asks the right questions. Better play can be taught but no amount of practice will overcome stupid (that is what VTC is for 🙃).

Speaking of which, anyone down to play?

28 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah, ArcSys games are usually dead as fuck on PC. Lots of fighters are. 

Figures Cipher would deny something so easily provable. 

Alright, how alive is the PC Playerbase of Melty.

Subit the screenshot of the Steamcharts to me and I will happy laugh at you from the edge of my seat.

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Subit the screenshot of the Steamcharts to me and I will happy laugh at you from the edge of my seat.

Were you not JUST making fun of someone else for using Steamcharts....? Now you want it as a point of reference? 

Also how does one game being active disprove the fact that most ArcSys games are indeed ghost towns on PC....? 

Most clown shoes response possible. 

1 minute ago, M A R T I A N said:

Were you not JUST making fun of someone else for using Steamcharts....? Now you want it as a point of reference? 

Also how does one game being active disprove the fact that most ArcSys games are indeed ghost towns on PC....? 

Most clown shoes response possible. 

Were you just saying it's easy to disprove.

If that is the easy way to disprove, why aren't you just using it?

And why are you not answering my question? Is the easy way to disprove not as foolprove as you think?

8 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Arc games might not be completely dead on PC but the average number of random players at any given time is smaller compared to console.

On PC it's more common to find matches through Discord because the normal in-game lobbies tend to be empty.  It's not that PC has no players -- you just have to take the time to find matches yourself through other methods first.

Steam charts are also not a good indicator of PC fighting game health because people only boot up a game when they are playing matches that they've set up.  Once the match is over they quit the game and so you're not gonna see a lot of concurrent players showing up online.

I play a lot of Melty and that scene is booming on PC, thanks to the fan-made rollback version.  There's a constant new influx of players because the game is free and easy to get your hands on.  But all the match-making is done through Discord and people sending each other their IPs for hosting games.  Melty's case is especially interesting since everyone is using CCCaster/Community edition.  Steamcharts are useless because nobody uses the Steam version.

TL;DR: PC fighting games are healthy, but you gotta set up matches with Discord.  Console definitely has more casual players just sitting around in lobbies.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Arc games might not be completely dead on PC but the average number of random players at any given time is smaller compared to console.

On PC it's more common to find matches through Discord because the normal in-game lobbies tend to be empty.  It's not that PC has no players -- you just have to take the time to find matches yourself through other methods first.

Steam charts are also not a good indicator of PC fighting game health because people only boot up a game when they are playing matches that they've set up.  Once the match is over they quit the game and so you're not gonna see a lot of concurrent players showing up online.

I play a lot of Melty and that scene is booming on PC, thanks to the fan-made rollback version.  There's a constant new influx of players because the game is free and easy to get your hands on.  But all the match-making is done through Discord and people sending each other their IPs for hosting games.  Melty's case is especially interesting since everyone is using CCCaster/Community edition.  Steamcharts are useless because nobody uses the Steam version.

TL;DR: PC fighting games are healthy, but you gotta set up matches with Discord.  Console definitely has more casual players just sitting around in lobbies.

Ha someone with a brain that actually works.

I like you.

Yes, for PC you usualy use Discord for MM. Steamcharts are the least reliable way to determin anything, one of the reasons why it's easy making fun of Leffen for saying game is dead after looking at Steam Charts for a second.

I just wanted to see his foolprove way to determin if something is dead, based on a game nobody plays on Steam.

I mean we all use the official steam version to play melty *wink*

Dead Game literaly means no one is playing it (I would consider less than 200 people worldwide to be dead), can't think of any current FG that would apply to.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ha someone with a brain that actually works.

I like you.

1. There's no need for you guys to insult each other
  2. You'd better like me because I run this damn place

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Dead Game literaly means no one is playing it (I would consider less than 200 people worldwide to be dead), can't think of any current FG that would apply to.

"Dead Game" is one of those things that mean something different to everyone.  I have logged onto Granblue PC randomly and seen a whopping 3 people in the NA lobby during peak hours.  Yes there are people on Discord but it's easy to see something like that and think a game is dead.

Anyone's who's spent any time playing fighting games on PC knows this. Cipher that dude that will argue with the assertion that water is wet. I think any other dude would see the term "dead" being used to describe a fighting game post 2015 and immediately understand that we're being hyperbolic. 

Obviously those games aren't LITERALLY dead. They are ghost towns on PC. But multiple posters have already said this ad nauseum, people just like being hard headed. 💁🏾‍♂️

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

1. There's no need for you guys to insult each other
  2. You'd better like me because I run this damn place

"Dead Game" is one of those things that mean something different to everyone.  I have logged onto Granblue PC randomly and seen a whopping 3 people in the NA lobby during peak hours.  Yes there are people on Discord but it's easy to see something like that and think a game is dead.

Mr.Frieza isn't very interested in any kind of discussion, mainly acting superior while running away from proving his point.

Maybe I should play Granblue again, I have no idea why I stopped to play the game completly from one day to the next.

But I heard Metera got hit bad in the last Patch, what she didn't deserve.

Throwing projectiles, kicking people in the face (and occasionaly stomping on them, god I love that SSKART) is fun . I did want to play Narmaya too in the end, but never got to it. Oh yeah and I played Djeeta, Djeeta was a super fun shoto.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I lile how Cipher could potentially statt other threads here to promote games he likes but...he just gotta keep at it.

Jebaited.jpeg indeed.

Like that has ever worked.

In the end it's either to hard, not SF enough or they have other reasons not to play like "why is there no one in ranked mode?"

6 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Never give up!  I'll have them playing KOF 98UM / 2002UM / Melty Blood one day... 

😔

Why do I think we will get along just fine?

When do we start the conversion?

13 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Honestly think “dead” in this context means “discord fighter” not “literally nobody plays this”.

Ah so, is this another Capcom or Casual thing?

Cause I'm used to people saying Discord Fighter and not Dead. Even Koeefficient had a better list than this, putting Discord clearly appart from dead.

Cause Dead is something like SFIV, BBCF has still lots of active player. And Melty is hella active.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Like that has ever worked.

Well this isn't a cry about it type of a forum. This also isn't the SF5 subsection in SRK. Its a Fighting Game General.

Instead of crying about life in this thread you could be making one that's easily accessible to people where you show them how to go about getting into different games. Heck, you could provide links in them for where to find matches and all that jazz.