Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I don’t know how to feel about this. On one hand, Cable was a whole secondary character in DP2 and he was played by Josh Brolin straight off the heels of Thanos. On the other hand, he had Brad Pitt appear for three seconds. This could go anyway. 

I’m excited for it though. Both Deadpools were good movies in my opinion.

Matt Damon was also in the movie as an extra. 

Marvel allegedly lookin to hire Harrison Ford as Thunderbolt Ross. Not a bad pic, although personally, I'd just hire Sam Elliot again, since he's already played the character before.

I know 2003 Hulk wasn't well received but the actors in there were solid, it was more of a script issue than anything 

On 9/29/2022 at 7:52 PM, BornWinner said:

Pretty much.

Just no.

I'm going to be the guy that says i NEVER liked Cheadle in this role in the first place. MARVEL pushing for him to lead an MCU film is a really bad idea to me.

They've done NOTHING with this characer over the years to validate a move like this and make me say HOLY $#@! a WAR MACHINE movie??!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

It was actually better left to squander its potential around on Disney Plus with the  other B listers like Hawkeye,Ms Marvel and She Hulk. Maybe then i would have been like hey...i'm bored,lemme check this out and see what its all about. 

Now Secret Invasion........THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO A MOVIE!! 

20 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I know 2003 Hulk wasn't well received but the actors in there were solid, it was more of a script issue than anything 

Well when more than half the movie was Banner trying to reconcile with his now dying father who happen to be physically abusive to him as a kid and the little bit of action scenes we got was some bad at the time CGI Hulk fighting some radioactive dogs for like the last 10 min. 

35 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Well when more than half the movie was Banner trying to reconcile with his now dying father who happen to be physically abusive to him as a kid and the little bit of action scenes we got was some bad at the time CGI Hulk fighting some radioactive dogs for like the last 10 min. 

I actually liked them dealing with a serious topic like abuse instead of some global threat, but yea, more action and less dad talk (should've been a subplot instead of the main plot) would've done the movie good.

And his dad becoming Absorbing Man at the end was dumb too. Just use Creel. lol

On 9/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, Hawkingbird said:

Possible reason why Ali isn't pleased. It's reddit so take it for a grain of salt

Hide contents

Fd2MLRDWQAEvNOR.jpg

With current Marvel I can believe this.

The MCU has been atrocious so far, with every male character with their name in the title being more of an advertised extra prompting a random char no one cares about.

Damn, if they are letting Deadpool have a R rating, they better let Blade have one. I get the idea is to integrate him with the rest of the MCU but Blade got popular off of R rated violence and a black half vampire, losing one or both is basically asking for failure. If you want a PG 13 vampire hunting, you got plenty of other names you could use, don't waste Blade on pushing a teen vampire story.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I the only one that the season finale of She-Hulk was meh? I know what they were going for, but it was executed poorly IMO.

I completely disagree. I was cry laughing. Shit was brilliant. 😂

100% John Byrne style of ending and I fucking loved it. 

Edited by iStu X
20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I the only one that the season finale of She-Hulk was meh? I know what they were going for, but it was executed poorly IMO.

Meh is keeping it short, it was the shit strawberry that decorates the shit sundae, what a terrible show, easily the worst crap it has been committed to the small screen since  Y's the last man 🤣

48 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Meh is keeping it short, it was the shit strawberry that decorates the shit sundae, what a terrible show, easily the worst crap it has been committed to the small screen since  Y's the last man 🤣

I didn't hate the show probably because Tatiana Maslany is such a good actress, but I found it really disappointing. That cast has really strong talent Josh Segarra is a damn good actor. He was wasted and the writers wouldn't no subtlety if it bit them in the ass. Can anyone weave a message into a plot or is hitting people over the head with it just how things are done now? All that said....

Spoiler

WTF did they do to Skaar? Did they pick him up wondering outside a Costco in Duloc WTF

Edited by Darc_Requiem