Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

On 9/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, locoghoul said:

Any options besides the Pro Controller? Does it also drift?

Mine started to drift pretty bad, but considering it's that black, white and silver Smash edition and I had already bought it used, I guess it's just age.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, DarkSakul said:

Apparently the trend is with newer controllers 

Exactly. No matter the brand or price range.

Well, the $10 pad I got last week seems great tbh, but it's a D-Input pad, so it won't work with the Switch. 🤣

As for the Direct... I'll only watch it after it's done so I can safely skip any Dread content.

19 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I know my timeline will be a mess tomorrow. I’ve seen so much hope for Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, Hollow Knight Silksong, and the last Smash character. It’s going to be hilarious when they get Mario Party Superstars and Super Monkey Ball Mania instead. 

I'll save the Bayonetta hopefuls some time.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. E.M.M.I just wants a hug - Metroid Dread 10/8

More than anything, I'm waiting for the internet to erupt in the usual fit of salt fueled anger from fans not getting exactly what they wanted. ESPECIALLY Smash fans. Like, these MFs live in a bubble where they are the only ones that matter and get all pissy that the FGC doesn't respect them. No Smash reveal? RUINED!! WORST DIRECT EVEAAAAAR!! I almost want the final Smash character to be a swordy that is not Sora or Dante JUST so I can see that salt filled rage.

You know, I think I ENJOY being the villain. 

Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

Edited by RegH81
Cuz reasons
4 hours ago, RegH81 said:

More than anything, I'm waiting for the internet to erupt in the usual fit of salt fueled anger from fans not getting exactly what they wanted. ESPECIALLY Smash fans.

Fuck Smashers. I hope Nindy shit the bed this time with Smash. 
Despite the rage the unwashed masses still come back

Let Hopes Sakurai makes a Point that there never be a WaLuigi at the end of the Oct Smash Direct. 
Just for the salt.

Edited by DarkSakul
Take a Shower Smashers
2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Good to see it wasn't canceled. We heard nothing from Bayonase in a long time

There was never any indication at any point that it was going to be. It was just the right announcement at the wrong time. 

kamiya and whoever else were asked about it kept saying production was going smoothly. They likely had signed a NDA where they couldn’t say anything about it. 

The reason it likely took so long to come out is because Platinum has been very very busy since 2017. 

Edited by iStu X

I'm surprised I was able to get on the eShop without much trouble. Man, I SO want Castlevania Advance Collection and ActRaiser Renaissance right now. $50 for the combined two. I wonder if M2 handled this latest Castlevania collection. They did all 2019 Contra, Castlevania and Arcade collections. 

Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks super interesting. It releases in spring 2022. Hmmm. Perhaps on April 27, 2022? Would be cool if it did drop on that date.

BTW, the Mario Golf: Super Rush update went live already.

15 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Saturn and GC emulation has been around a long time already...

He means Nintendo working on Saturn and Game Cube emulation on the Switch. 
and Saturn Emulation hasn't been that good yet, hence why I excited when some developing an FPGA core for the Saturn. 

We saw what Nintendo could do with Mario 3D All Stars, GC and Wii Emulation is possible on the Switch

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

There was never any indication at any point that it was going to be. It was just the right announcement at the wrong time. 

With Nindy footing the bill, I would not put it pass them. 

3 minutes ago, globe said:

I thought it was pretty decent Direct, really the only negative I have is the price increase to play N64 and Genesis. Especially when they didn't even mention a price. I'm going to guess,

Regular online membership 12 months = Premium membership 6 months. 

Nintendo's online been significantly cheaper than what Sony and Microsoft offerings are. $20 a year or $35 for a family plan isn't bad considering Sony and Microsoft $60 per year and X Pass is $120 per year. 

5 minutes ago, globe said:

I thought it was pretty decent Direct, really the only negative I have is the price increase to play N64 and Genesis. Especially when they didn't even mention a price. I'm going to guess,

Regular online membership 12 months = Premium membership 6 months. 

IMO if that's what's triggering the price increase, it's not worth it. Switch online isn't bad for the price, but I don't see what they'd be providing that could justify a price increase.

31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

IMO if that's what's triggering the price increase, it's not worth it. Switch online isn't bad for the price, but I don't see what they'd be providing that could justify a price increase.

Nothing else, the current plan will remain, there will just be an extra plan with the N64 and Genesis games.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

but I don't see what they'd be providing that could justify a price increase.

more than likely it's licensing fees for Sega in regards to Mega Drive/Genesis games. 

Also, top fucking kek that Nintendo went with the suck-ass 3 button Genesis pad vs the vastly superior 6-button Genesis pad. Looks like 8BitDo will be getting some more of my money very soon for those M30s.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
who are you, my fucking mother?
37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

How about fucking voice chat?

Yes?

Hello, Nintendo, are you listening??

Nah, fuck that. If anything it'll just eat bandwidth and then I'd have to deal with dudes leaving their mics on when I'm playing randoms.

That said, Nintendo seems hellbent on making it difficult to reach out to random people online, so voice chat seems off brand for them.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver. So many games - Sakurai Presents Final Smash DLC 10/5 - Metroid Dread 10/8
11 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'd enjoy being able to play with my brother and friends online and not relying on a Discord or PSN party for voice chat.

I hear you, but you can't even send people messages on there, so I'd be surprised if they added voice chat. Chances are Discord would work better anyway even if they did add it. 

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I hear you

No you don't, because there's no party or messaging system for the Switch.

Spoiler

download_7.jpeg

Didn't really mean for this to turn into a debate- I was just making a wise ass remark. But I don't see how Nintendo providing a basic messaging/voice party system like every other console has had for the last 15 years is a bad thing. I play a lot of online games and I've never had to deal with idiots leaving their mics on because I've always had the option of turning game chat off when not in a party.  And does it really take up that much band width to make a difference? I pay for decent internet service so I don't see how that would be an issue for me personally.  It's definitely not an issue on PlayStation.

But it seems like you'll continue to get your wish of not having vioce chat on Switch because it is Nintendo, and their online shit has always been bass ackwards. So whether we think providing that type of service with an increase in price for a paid online account would be a good thing or bad thing is a really moot point.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

No you don't, because there's no party or messaging system for the Switch.

Hide contents

download_7.jpeg

Didn't really mean for this to turn into a debate- I was just making a wise ass remark. But I don't see how Nintendo providing a basic messaging/voice party system like every other console has had for the last 15 years is a bad thing. I play a lot of online games and I've never had to deal with idiots leaving their mics on because I've always had the option of turning game chat off when not in a party.  And does it really take up that much band width to make a difference? I pay for decent internet service so I don't see how that would be an issue for me personally.  It's definitely not an issue on PlayStation.

But it seems like you'll continue to get your wish of not having vioce chat on Switch because it is Nintendo, and their online shit has always been bass ackwards. So whether we think providing that type of service with an increase in price for a paid online account would be a good thing or bad thing is a really moot point.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a debate, just saying that I imagine that Switch being somewhat underpowered compared to PS might be a factor as well how they make it difficult to contact people says to me that it's unlikely they do it. Tbh I don't really get into stuff like that unless it's with my brother but I don't get to play him much these days. 

Xbox is underpowered compared to Switch and I was talking to people while playing Halo 2 back in the day no problem.

There is literally no excuse.

I mean you all realize, that when you are using voice chat on your phone to play the switch, if your phone is on wifi at home (like 99% of people do), then you are literally using the same bandwidth to transfer voice chat over the app as you would be transferring it over Switch.  I'd even wager it could be more since you have 2 "things" using network at the same time and probably doing background stuff too on the Nintendo app. 

But voice chat bandwidth is negligible.  There really is no excuse as to why they haven't done it yet other than they are being Nintendo and they are always in the stone age when it comes to online.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I wasn't trying to turn it into a debate, just saying that I imagine that Switch being somewhat underpowered compared to PS might be a factor as well how they make it difficult to contact people says to me that it's unlikely they do it.

Oh I agree- it's super unlikely. Which is why I framed my first post the way I did.  Nintendo online is fucking retarded. But I doubt it's a hardware issue and more of a policy issue.  Depending on how much the price is increased, I don't see how paying extra for a bunch of ugly N64 games and 30-year-old Genesis games that we've all already bought on Wii's Virtual Console is justifiable without some kind of improvements to actual online services.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Oh I agree- it's super unlikely. Which is why I framed my first post the way I did.  Nintendo online is fucking retarded. But I doubt it's a hardware issue and more of a policy issue.  Depending on how much the price is increased, I don't see how paying extra for a bunch of ugly N64 games and 30-year-old Genesis games that we've all already bought on Wii's Virtual Console is justifiable without some kind of improvements to actual online services.

You know, I'm kind of (but not entirely) surprised they didn't carry over VC purchases, especially for NES & SNES games since they can obviously run on Switch. Even some of the games like Castlevania Adventure Rebirth or Gradius Rebirth that didn't come out on anything else. Seems like an obvious decision, but this is Nintendo I guess. Still, I'd pay for those games even though I've already pirated them seeing as how that's the only way you can play them unless you have the hardware.