Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

https://twitter.com/maraculousness/status/1662090942721978368

32 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

damn this dude is extremely strong af

Back in college there was a dude similar in stature and strong as hell. He was also a yoga practitioner. He stated always stated "muscle is a thing, that mind-muscle connection is where it's at". This is another example of this at work. 

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I have no idea why black ppl think only black ppl spend money on useless things. White dude buys a yacht he only drives once a year and nothing is said. Black dude buys a video game or a pair of shoes and suddenly you getting a speech about economics 🤣

I believe the difference is white people on average are believed to be more likely to be able to afford splurging. While black people on average are believed to be spending our last to get something nice.

Edited by BB_Hoody
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I have no idea why black ppl think only black ppl spend money on useless things. White dude buys a yacht he only drives once a year and nothing is said. Black dude buys a video game or a pair of shoes and suddenly you getting a speech about economics 🤣

There was a whole thing about millennials being poor because white girls eat avocado toast.

I work with millennials and gen Z.  I've seen them make bafflingly stupid financial decisions and then act like the system is holding them down.  It's almost comical how bad they are at navigating life.  They are so bad I really can't help but thingk their parents are to blame. 

My daughter is 5 and I think she has better financial literacy than some of my coworkers.

Uh, yea, we weren't taught shit about finances and money, by anyone. Had to teach ourselves and then everyone acts so fucking smug about us having to learn through mistakes.

Reminds me of when old people brag about being able to drive stick shift or some shit, yea no shit you can do something no one teaches anyone how to do anymore, good for you lol. 

I blame two entire generations personally. Boomers for being selfish and not caring about their kids, and Gen X for being too apathetic to care about much anything at all, and being proud of that stupid fucking apathey to boot.

ha, my dad tried to teach me how to drive a manual transmission car....and yeah I hated that shit; didn't really pay attention.  I know this is blasphemy that tends to trigger the dudes who are big-time passionate about cars and the driving experience.... but I really couldn't care less about that damn stick shift.  I see it as outdated tech, tbh.  I'll continue to be just fine with auto-transmission on every vehicle I ever drive in life.   Sheeeeitt, get that old time "horse & buggy" shyte out of my face....seems like needless hassle when for the past several decades now we can put an auto in "Drive" and just GO....not have to think about anything else until it's time to park.  I'm a lazy Gen-Xer that loves that the car does half the "work" of driving for me.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

IIRC this was actually how MJ got his musical ideas across to his crew.  There was an interview with someone that made mention about this...but I can't remember who it was.

I think it was his drummer.

Cuz at least I think I remember him talking about it.

I also remember that it was brought up on a case where someone, don't remember who, sued MJ about a song who she claimed was the writer and that MJ stole the song from her, and this is where they brought up all the tapes where MJ recorded himself doing the songs acapella.

Supposedly there are hundreds if not some thousands of songs that MJ created that were never released on those tapes.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Uh, yea, we weren't taught shit about finances and money, by anyone. Had to teach ourselves and then everyone acts so fucking smug about us having to learn through mistakes.

Reminds me of when old people brag about being able to drive stick shift or some shit, yea no shit you can do something no one teaches anyone how to do anymore, good for you lol. 

I blame two entire generations personally. Boomers for being selfish and not caring about their kids, and Gen X for being too apathetic to care about much anything at all, and being proud of that stupid fucking apathey to boot.

Seems like the Boomers are like the Millennials and Gen-X are like Gen-Z and the Silent-Gen (the generation before Boomers) are like Gen-X if you really think about it... My parents are from the Silent-Gen.

Edited by Jion_Wansu
1 hour ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Seems like the Boomers are like the Millennials and Gen-X are like Gen-Z and the Silent-Gen (the generation before Boomers) are like Gen-X if you really think about it... My parents are from the Silent-Gen.

No, none of that lines up at all if you think about it lol..

5 hours ago, J-ride said:

I work with millennials and gen Z.  I've seen them make bafflingly stupid financial decisions and then act like the system is holding them down.  It's almost comical how bad they are at navigating life.  They are so bad I really can't help but thingk their parents are to blame. 

My daughter is 5 and I think she has better financial literacy than some of my coworkers.

I remember some woman on Reddit complaining how she and her husband and their 2 kids were having trouble making the rent and were having trouble to the point that she and the husband were skipping meals so the kids could eat. When I asked what bills they had, she replied that they had subscriptions to nearly every streaming app under the sun, PSN, Nintendo Switch Online, as well as a $200 per month internet bill. When I read this, I was basically a living version of that Jackie Chan meme.

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Do folks really need someone to teach them how not to spend money on things they can't afford, how to make a budget, and how to pay their bills on time? These three things are pretty much the bedrock of not getting yourself into trouble financially and are how-to-wipe-your-ass levels of basic.

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Do folks really need someone to teach them how not to spend money on things they can't afford, how to make a budget, and how to pay their bills on time?

Yeah, they kind of do.  Like, not everyone is as dumb about it as your reddit person, obviously.  But people who were mostly taken care of in their childhood (which is kind of the goal) have a tendency to try to live right at the edge of their means because everything always worked out for them in the past.  Which basically sets them up for the poverty trap once things get out of hand.

While I don't think a person of average intelligence is necessarily stupid, most people seem to try to get through life not thinking too hard about much of anything, if they don't immediately have to.

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

ha, my dad tried to teach me how to drive a manual transmission car....and yeah I hated that shit; didn't really pay attention.  I know this is blasphemy that tends to trigger the dudes who are big-time passionate about cars and the driving experience.... but I really couldn't care less about that damn stick shift.  I see it as outdated tech, tbh.  I'll continue to be just fine with auto-transmission on every vehicle I ever drive in life.   Sheeeeitt, get that old time "horse & buggy" shyte out of my face....seems like needless hassle when for the past several decades now we can put an auto in "Drive" and just GO....not have to think about anything else until it's time to park.  I'm a lazy Gen-Xer that loves that the car does half the "work" of driving for me.

Stick shifts are the best cars imo. I prefer it more than the automatic because to me it feels like a real car and I just like how it feels like i'm actually commanding it. i've noticed that it's only in America were people who actually know how to drive stick is a rarity.

To me, there could be a lamborghini that is an automatic and right next to it is a regular Toyota that is manual, and to me the honda is the better car. Also, you can park it in black neighborhoods and 9/10 times you'll just have broken windows and repositioned very oddly.