Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Fgc definitely was grime city. It’s cleaned up a lot though. But yeah, 2001-2011 probably was super grime. But as more eyes got onto us the more people left and/or stopped posting as much. 

the fun flame wars died down, the fun competitions (battle poll!) died down. Things like that. 

Evo got more and more commercial too. When I went in 2018 I finally realized how much evo had grown but also no longer represented the fgc as a whole. 

walking around evo felt like a convention that happened to have fighting games instead of a gathering of people for fighting game tournaments 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

There is one Dad that stood out to me for it's time and that's Bardock. The great lengths that he went to for revenge and affection for his deceased comrades, without help from the Saiyan race, and how insignificant he was compared to Freeza and his forces resonates with me. The only anti-hero anime Dad I've ever liked.

My favorite is Bunta from Inritial D. He's distant and doesn't spell out a single fucking thing for you, but he has machinations going on behind the scenes. 

sheeeitttt, Snydercut reminds me once again that it would be such a great deal to have Martian Manhunter's abilities.  It's like being Superman + more.  Imagine having psychic power that appears to be beyond even Prof. X from Marvel....while having all these other abilities like flight, invisibility, intangibility, superhuman speed and strength (*at or near Superman level, btw) and the heat vision like Superman. 

It's kind of silly to have a simple thing like fire be a weakness (*usually written to be more of a phobia), but just avoid that as much as you can and this set of abilities is too good to pass up.

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, DarkGeneral said:

Depends on the things you've heard/were around for. On both the coasts there were a lot of grimey shit that went on behind the scenes and interpersonally. I'm talking about stuff that wasn't necessarily coming out in twitter threads/reddit/discord etc. The FGC have been transitioning away from that type of culture for a while now and with EVO going corporate this will be the big pivot into competitive gaming as a business for the broader FGC.  Simply put, too much potential money is going to be on the line and the structures will be in place for players to make money off it. Twitch ad revenue/subscribers, youtube ad revenue and sponsorships can help Fighting game players take home 6 figures a year depending on how they preform at big tournies etc. 

Simply put, there is no place for grime when big money is on the line compared to  say 10 years ago.

I agree with you especially where companies not wanting to be allied with scenes that have a reputation for being degenerate. In my opinion dangling the carrot of players being able to make 6 figures isn't going to make the scene or the games any better, in fact it might do the opposite and just bring in a bunch of opportunists. 

People are always going to do grimy shit though, and having a more "respectable" scene isn't going to change that. I guess it depends on the level of grimy, I've heard stories about the MvC2 scene but maybe you know stuff I don't in this case. 

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

Pre-09 fgc was Def grimy. Srk front page directory was for combo vids and shit talking via. Dudes used to fight alot at tournaments. Dudes tellin you to go kill yourself in the forums was regular. You had to have a tough skin to not take shit personally and try to run the fade on someone. 

I joined srk in 08 before SF4 came out and I remember how rough it was. I definitely had a red rep bar almost the entire time 😆

It's sad how prescient this material from Kyle Kinane is. Part I'm talking about starts at 2:52, but the whole bit is worth a listen too.

58 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I joined srk in 08 before SF4 came out and I remember how rough it was. I definitely had a red rep bar almost the entire time 😆

Oh yeah. I joined in '05 and didn't even fuck with the FGC like that, but the grime spilled heavy into GD too. Shit was crazy. I was so glad they got rid of the rep bar.

53 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

It's sad how prescient this material from Kyle Kinane is. Part I'm talking about starts at 2:52, but the whole bit is worth a listen too.

Oh yeah. I joined in '05 and didn't even fuck with the FGC like that, but the grime spilled heavy into GD too. Shit was crazy. I was so glad they got rid of the rep bar.

You weren't around for the heyday of Prem.

There was an entire hidden forum of Freemasonry, hellbent on neg bombing cherries into Kuradoberi Jam.

And that ain't even touching upon the full-blown Satanism of the Illuminati.

Edited by JHDK
17 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

going to be a while before Sony cleans out all the gross McRib stains from all of it. Personally just rebrand the whole thing. Evo was then, make a new name and begin the fresh start there! 

Go the Animu Fighter update-patch-on-a-disc naming method:

Revolution: Evo:R Edition

...we'll work our way to PG Edition once Smash cleans itself up and gets redesigned into an actual fighting game.

Edited by JHDK

I have a thing for katana and other weapons that are either inspired/abstract from various or previous cultures. It was months ago, I think I've seen Japanese weapons on amazon in the deep hundreds of dollars that were homemade. I would like to properly defend myself one day through weaponry and find a local weapons shop that is more legitimate on the duration of what they sell.

Even if I have an anti-gun policy, it's tempting to revisit it again, because those juveniles are very bold in my city with violating the law. 

I recall at the shooting range many years ago, as my body was very sensitive toward pistols and was exhausting my hands on shoots fired. Someone had to catch me while firing a shotgun and even recorded me falling back, due to the intolerable force.

I think weapons of primitive times will be much easier to learn and manage. I'm pretty fragile toward guns.

Edited by Emptyeyes
2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

I have a thing for katana and other weapons that are either inspired/abstract from various or previous cultures. It was months ago, I think I've seen Japanese weapons on amazon in the deep hundreds of dollars that were homemade. I would like to properly defend myself one day through weaponry and find a local weapons shop that is more legitimate on the duration of what they sell.

Even if I have an anti-gun policy, it's tempting to revisit it again, because those juveniles are very bold in my city with violating the law. 

I recall at the shooting range many years ago, as my body was very sensitive toward pistols and was exhausting my hands on shoots fired. Someone had to catch me while firing a shotgun and even recorded me falling back, due to the intolerable force.

I think weapons of primitive times will be much easier to learn and manage. I'm pretty fragile toward guns.

You are the Dammed.

You  were a mod at one time, what got you fired? Which reminds me, I always thought the Greatest Poster should have been a mod. It never made sense that SRK's most legendary and iconic poster of all time was just a regular enlisted. HE should've had absolute power and authority over the system that ran that site. 

hmm.. as i rethink. I think the candidates of who Emptyreyes is are as followed

The Dammed, Bloody Yoker, Zatalacan, and Genshiros, his girlymanism screams so much qualities of these lesser posters

Edited by weneedhim
47 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

You are the Dammed.

So, people still won't let this go? I can't change the misidentification of me by the conclusion of those in this forum and that's fine. I should not be controversial at all though, as I'm a typical person like everyone else, but people seem to continue being suspicious of me from trivial things. Even if I went live disproving the contrary, most will still maintain that I'm The Damned. 

And this is how I feel on the subject and rest of your post now:

36 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The Damned was a lot more gloomy and cynical than Emptyeyes.

The kind of type that would be throwing a party during the apocalypse.

That postered cried a lot also though. He would make diary like threads about the most disgusting life topics and then he would open up about how he doesn't like to get touched. Another similar quality is how both go on a meltdown, The Dammed would completely lose his shit every time he got smacked around in a religion thread from the One Who is Undefeated.

contrary, I also think Emptyreyes is Bloodied Youkai. She never denied it. Bloody would also make overly sensitive posts and then threaten to murder who ever got grossed out from it. It just blows my mind how todays generation praises men for being colorful, open, and sensitive, and negs anyone who retains the code of Man.  I blame Fishjiz for this.

Edited by weneedhim
55 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

He would make diary like threads about the most disgusting life topics 

Face the reality, you're interested in me and you're ashamed of it. Anyone that isn't interested in what I have to say would pay me no mind. ^_^

Edited: It looks like I'm banned from the discord server here. I guess telling a few users about themselves days ago made them butthurt. The truth hurts. 

Edited by Emptyeyes

Psaki responded, “He also believes that the American people are smart. They’re invested in this. They’re going to pay attention and that they know that corporations do not need to raise the cost of goods in order to pay more taxes and pay more of their fair share.” 🤔 I guess we'll see.

Anyone here from London? Seems people there are tired and want FREEDOM

People are protesting, too, in the Netherlands

quick translate: The difference between power and authority.#kippenvel#museumplein20maart

14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Psaki responded, “He also believes that the American people are smart. They’re invested in this. They’re going to pay attention and that they know that corporations do not need to raise the cost of goods in order to pay more taxes and pay more of their fair share.” 🤔 I guess we'll see.

Anyone here from London? Seems people there are tired and want FREEDOM

People are protesting, too, in the Netherlands

quick translate: The difference between power and authority.#kippenvel#museumplein20maart

And, at the end the of day, bat blood soup aside, China didn't have to do a damned thing to take over the world, except wait.

Edited by JHDK
site lag
12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Biden's bought and paid for by corporations, so of course HE thinks they're good people. 🙄 Glad to see people finally protesting the lockdowns more though. Hopefully some of the leaders who enacted some of the more draconian stuff face consequences like Cuomo and Newsome are starting to. 

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Biden's bought and paid for by corporations, so of course HE thinks they're good people. 🙄 Glad to see people finally protesting the lockdowns more though. Hopefully some of the leaders who enacted some of the more draconian stuff face consequences like Cuomo and Newsome are starting to. 

March through August would have been enough to contain that shit.

All we needed was competent, humane leadership for 5-6 months.

Instead we have a new way of dying, under even richer overlords.

Fuck this shit world that the rich have spray-painted all over Mother Earth.

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

everyone in the white house is the same shit. biden...trump..obama...all the same shit. i voted for biden because i need regular levels of racism. I dont need to feel like im 5 seconds away from gettin jumped by a redneck.

AOC for 2024.

Less Racism.

Less Sexism.

Less Capitalism.

A better America.

Certainly the best since the Kennedys got got.

I would like to see such in my lifetime.

39 minutes ago, Maxx said:

if democrats keep fuckin around and tryin to keep her out 2024 bout to be wild as fuck

I kind of hope they do.

She would win as the first Progressive Party Presidential candidate.

Especially if Biden keeps fuckin' up at the rate he has been.

2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

Face the reality, you're interested in me and you're ashamed of it. Anyone that isn't interested in what I have to say would pay me no mind. ^_^

Edited: It looks like I'm banned from the discord server here. I guess telling a few users about themselves days ago made them butthurt. The truth hurts. 

megashock has a discord?  

4 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The link is in the bar right under the logo.

I don't personally run the Discord channel.

Pray tell.  Might I ask who is running it? Matter of fact, hang on a sec.....................

writes a name on a blank card and places it face down within the all-concealing shadows

............Okay.  let it rip.

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

@Angelis in charge of the Discord, as he was the one who started it.

I already have my hands full here so I don't spend much time in there.  I know a bunch of people here use it. 👍

*Watches as the shadows change color and slowly drain into the card, which then bursts into purple flames that slowly expand across the floor and die out.*

Yep.  Pretty much what I figured.  Thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

My group chat is laughing hard right now. Soo our boy is worried because his roomate got fucked up last night. Apparently this new girl he's been seeing, he went out with her to a hotel. For some reason her baby daddy called and she told them that they were at a hotel. So dude shows up fucks the roomate up and kos him. 

Then this dude drives this unconscious body back to his apt, breaks into the place and puts him into bed. 

We are all laughing so hard because this whole story is hood fuckery. Like this is the universal "I'm gonna go see another dude because we fighting" move ever. 

My boy is worried they are gonna come back and break in. And I'm thinking nah.. You don't ko a dude and bring him home to just rob him a week later 😂😂

Edited by Maxx
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

March through August would have been enough to contain that shit.

All we needed was competent, humane leadership for 5-6 months.

Instead we have a new way of dying, under even richer overlords.

Fuck this shit world that the rich have spray-painted all over Mother Earth.

Probably. They've done studies that show that people would probably have done a lot of stuff voluntarily without being coerced. But even if it didn't tamp down the virus altogether, there's no excuse for continuing to lock things when it hasn't been shown to be effective enough to offset the downsides of it.

The upside to it (for some people) is that this just made it easier for corporations and wealthy folks to buy up more and more just like the crash did in 2008. The wealth gap is going to be even bigger now because our "leaders" act more like pop stars than actual leaders, and I'm not just talking about trump, I'm talking about almost all of them. 

Edited by DoctaMario

Sorry for having been away for the past couple of weeks. Formally accepted the new contract earlier this month, and have been working my ass off to make the bosses happy, I'm on a 45-day probationary period, which should turn into a full quarterly contract next month if I play my cards right.

It also felt so good to tell the advisor over my entry-level contract to basically piss off, and that after the 5th I was letting the contract go in lieu of this new one.